Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

When i was a kid i got 2 dolls over £15 dolls at the most for birthdays and christmas and maybe the random under £5 doll when on holiday.

I see lots of videos on youtube of mainly american tweenagers with the full set even spares to put the outfits on even every vehicle and accessory.you name they've got it.

these dolls arn't cheap,they must be getting a monster high thing every week, or worse every few days, no kid deserves that much praise!!!!.

there parents must be either rich,taking out a loan.....or shoplifting.

Views: 2935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my, I can totally relate to that. I have friends and some family members that give me crap for buying MHs and things they find silly or stupid. And they spend just as much money, if not a whole lot more, on "silly" stuff they buy. D: I don't tell them what to buy with their money nor pick on them what they like, so don't get on me [or judge me for] what I like to buy. It pisses me off. I honestly spend more money on food than MH or anything that I collect. xD

My sister cracks on me for spending my money on "silly stuff" when she often spends money on manicures, eyebrow tweaking (or whatever they are called), buys clothes she only wears once if at all, buying drinks at bars/clubs, and other stuff. She does this kind of shopping nearly every week. D: I don't buy MH dolls or other things I collect as often as she (and others) think I do.

As far as this topic goes, I'm not sure on how to answer this, considering I guess I was one of the "spoiled" kids. This topic kind of hit me a bit since growing up, I've had friends that were quite jealous of me and it always made me feel bad (and I didn't "flaunt it", either!). Even though I ended up with stuff because I got really good grades in school and did well in sports, and my parents rewarded me for it. I also took GOOD care of my stuff, to the point where I was hesitant on letting some people get a hold of my things because I knew they didn't treat their things the same way. So my parents knew that when I received something, I wouldn't break it or treat it horribly.

I guess at the end of the day, if someone's parents wants to spend ___ amount of money on stuff for their kids, just let them. It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it. Yes, some of the kids are spoiled as all hell (one of my friends, may she rest in peace, completely loved to spoil her daughter. Her little girl was the WORLD to her, and although I didn't agree on the extent that my friend spoiled her, I knew why she did.), but don't assume that just because you see kids with a bunch of dolls online they must automatically be the spoiled child where their parents NEVER say no to them and didn't "work for it". My parents had no problem telling me (or my sister) we couldn't get something, and liked to reward us for doing things, be it grades, sports/athletics, chores/allowances, ect. In a way, I kinda of feel that some of you guys are " hatin' " on them because of the amount of dolls they have. :( Granted, I know that doesn't apply to everyone that replied - some of you guys bring up good points, and I have seen my fair share of spoiled-rotten children. D:

Hope I made sense. ^^;

Essence Beasley said:

Completely off-topic (or a little on-topic): It annoys me to no end when my friends try to lecture me about buying my MH dolls. I mean, I know I don't NEED MH dolls, but I love them. And frankly, it's none of your business if I spent $25 on a doll or what I plan to do with the dolls. And it's especially annoying because none of them spend their money on anything more practical. Oh, you go out drinking 4 nights a week and that's somehow more cost effective than buying a doll (or 3) every 2 weeks? Oh, you eat out at Whataburger or order a pizza every other day, or go get a spray tan and a manicure/pedicure every week, but that's more prudent than me having a collection? It's not like I don't have a savings account, or I skip rent or anything, I'm very responsible, so let me have my one fun thing! *END RANT* 

But seriously, other people judge you guys, right?

Well, some of these kids may be spoiled, but I know some children's parents like to collect too, so the collection may be for the whole family. There are also OTHER scenarios where Mattel actually sends the people the dolls for free to review if the review a lot of dolls. I'm pretty sure this is the case with Drusila and Nessy/ wookiewarrior23. There could also be some children with FrejaSashe's (above) case, where the parents do say no, but like to reward their kids for good grades, etc. so if you see someone that has a vast collection, don't just assume that they are those spoiled rotten kids where their daddies can't say no.

It called YouTube Monetization. You know somebody has YouTube Monetization if they have ads before going into one of their videos or if they have a special banner instead of their username next to the subscribe button. Here's what it looks like for Clawdeena9. Note also if you have Monetization you can make your own thumbnail instead of picking one of the random three.

When your videos get monitized it means you get money from people watching your videos and seeing the ads. To be able to monetize your videos you must get a certain amount of views and YouTube will ask you if you want to. If you want to you must have the rights to everything in your video and I assume with the dolls possibly a proof a purchase, that or the fact that you are reviewing it allows you to monetize it (I'm not sure but want to know since I'm making a new YT for reviews on dolls such as Scarah and HooDude, Venus, and Robecca which are coming in the mail). I know you have to send in an up to 1000 character report as to how to you have the rights to everything. If YouTube accepts it you will become monetized and receive money from your videos. I know in Drusila and Nessy's case they use the money they get to help buy dolls or in the case of the first wave of CAMs they got them sent by Mattel to review for free. Most of the time if they have their own fancy thumbnail or that little banner those people are getting money from YouTube which they use to expand their collection. If they don't have these things you can then assume they are rich to begin with. 

Oh. Didn't know that....

♫☮Sadie ღ Latias☮♫ said:

It called YouTube Monetization. You know somebody has YouTube Monetization if they have ads before going into one of their videos or if they have a special banner instead of their username next to the subscribe button. Here's what it looks like for Clawdeena9. Note also if you have Monetization you can make your own thumbnail instead of picking one of the random three.

When your videos get monitized it means you get money from people watching your videos and seeing the ads. To be able to monetize your videos you must get a certain amount of views and YouTube will ask you if you want to. If you want to you must have the rights to everything in your video and I assume with the dolls possibly a proof a purchase, that or the fact that you are reviewing it allows you to monetize it (I'm not sure but want to know since I'm making a new YT for reviews on dolls such as Scarah and HooDude, Venus, and Robecca which are coming in the mail). I know you have to send in an up to 1000 character report as to how to you have the rights to everything. If YouTube accepts it you will become monetized and receive money from your videos. I know in Drusila and Nessy's case they use the money they get to help buy dolls or in the case of the first wave of CAMs they got them sent by Mattel to review for free. Most of the time if they have their own fancy thumbnail or that little banner those people are getting money from YouTube which they use to expand their collection. If they don't have these things you can then assume they are rich to begin with. 

Makes me think I should get to reviewing stuff on Youtube lol. who wants/cares about my opinion on toys? *snicker*

You really don't make that much money off of YouTube unless you're popular. I make stopmotion videos with my dolls and I just reached 36,000 subs a couple days ago, but I still don't make a whole lot.

It's probably because you are not going about the payment option correctly. There's many different ways to make money off of YouTube and some options are better than others.

Are you a partner?

If you are looking to adopt, I am available........

CKasper said:

I work at FORD ( $15.00+ hr ) my wife works as a nurse ( $18.00+ hr ) - my daughter has well over 40 dolls and im fine with it as long as she takes care of them. she gets about 1 a month BUT me and her mom by them when ever we see them and put them up in are closet untill the next big day ( b-day - christmas ) we also hit stores on delivery day and will never use Ebay with there crazy prices ( this helps keep cost down ) my daughters B-day was 2 days ago and the pic below is all she got in monster high - all her other items ( non MH related ) are not pictured

Yeah!  I could be a spoiled rotten wife who's hubby cant say no!  :P

MoNsTeRgIrL♥ said:

"don't just assume that they are those spoiled rotten kids where their daddies can't say no."

May I just start off by saying that you cannot group everyone into one generic category of "many dolls = spoiled rotten" or just plain "rich".

I have quite a few dolls (40+ to be exact), but near all of them I worked my butt off for, with the occasional few having been given as gifts. And it wasn't just simple chores either - I invested my money in some things and received some back, weeded the yard for $5 an hour (with the first hour being free because I was part of the family and expected to work), babysat for occasional wages, and even ran my own baking business around the neighborhood. And that was all without a steady job since I was under age to legally work. I've also been buying them for about 2- 2 1/2 years now.

My parents didn't really spoil us and had us work at chores for $2 a week, and we learned to save up for what we wanted. That taught us patience and appreciation. And out of the blue sometimes they would surprise us and let us buy something (or give us the last $10 we needed to buy a certain doll). We knew our parents loved us, and were never lacking. They knew how to say no, and I'm grateful for that.

For birthdays, it's true that in America many have expensive parties and such, but that wasn't the case for me and my siblings. The usual for years was to have a pool party at the neighborhood pool, mom would make the cake and decorate with some of our own toy figures - and it was normally a shared party with my younger sister. We also got only about $20 from our parents each, and grandmother sent $15 for each. And you know what? We were super happy with those parties!

Christmas was about the birth of Christ, not about gifts for us. They DID buy us a few, but combined grandma's money and theirs, which rarely equaled over $40 (normally less). There was even one year that we made a vow as a family not to buy anything new unless it was something necessary like jeans because they had holes in them and were unusable anymore.  We were allowed something if someone ELSE gave it to us, but that was it. For that Christmas, she hand-knitted and hand-crocheted a large blanket for each of us. That was one of the best Christmas' we've had.

Just wanted to point out that not all children with many dolls or toys are spoiled, as well as give insight to a different kind of family so you don't assume all Americans are spoiled. :)

its pretty judgemental to think those things.

my best guess is the parents likely are collectors themselves. I believe with wookiewarrior girls, that is their dad's account, because he was originally posting Star Wars videos of his own collection, so collecting toys is something he shares with his daughters. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service