Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hey everyone! Mattel just abandoned the trademark for Manny Taur. I guess we won't have a doll afterall.

Abandonment Notice! On Monday, February 20, 2012, a U.S. federal trademark for MATTEL, INC. registration number 85221552 was abandoned having the name MANNY TAUR. The Reason provided as ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED.

Views: 1679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a shame. 

Eh, I can't say I'm disappointed. I don't collect the boys, and even if I did, a doll of him didn't really appeal to me.

that sucks, he was the only mean boy out the bunch and could have been fun setting up scenes

Aww, disappointing. I was hoping for a Manny Taur doll. 

Aww...I'd love a Manny Taur, though I could never figure out how they would execute him with the current male body. I don't think it would benefit Mattel to invest in tooling for a new male buck just for Manny - I can't think of anyone else of prominence who could use it.

I don't think that necessarily means there will be no doll. They abandoned Operetta, too last month -- http://www.trademarkia.com/operetta-77311502.html and Howleen --

Abandonment Notice! On Monday, February 27, 2012, a U.S. federal trademark for MATTEL, INC. registration number 77311511 was abandoned having the name HOWLEEN WOLF. The Reason provided as ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED

Trademarks tend to be dropped and then later picked up again. Look at Clawdeen's history with the company for example. Mattel might not have many plans for him beyond webisode and diary mention right now and there is copyright to protect him for some time. To say that we will never get a Manny doll, let alone a Minnie one, is too soon to say. I honestly wasn't expecting a Manny doll to be made for some time considering I still don't have my Heath Burns. To show how irrelevant this is, Meowlody lacks a trademark. For whatever reason, you cannot find one on that name, yet there is a doll of her.

Since the abandonment issue is due to NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED, this might mean a possible re-registration to specify the product they plan with him.

I want a Heath burns so bad. I'd ratter have him that manny tar sorry fans of him.

Scary Murphy said:

Trademarks tend to be dropped and then later picked up again. Look at Clawdeen's history with the company for example. Mattel might not have many plans for him beyond webisode and diary mention right now and there is copyright to protect him for some time. To say that we will never get a Manny doll, let alone a Minnie one, is too soon to say. I honestly wasn't expecting a Manny doll to be made for some time considering I still don't have my Heath Burns. To show how irrelevant this is, Meowlody lacks a trademark. For whatever reason, you cannot find one on that name, yet there is a doll of her.

Since the abandonment issue is due to NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED, this might mean a possible re-registration to specify the product they plan with him.

doesn't mean there will be no doll.  They abandoned the trademark "Barbie" and we know they are not discontinuing her

Well, they abandoned Operetta, so hopefully they will still make him.

Still, I don't see how they can make that sort of body shape.

They may still make a doll of him, as mentioned above. I must say, people should stop using the Operetta example; the Operetta abandoned was a trademark older than the brand itself, probably intended as a Barbie toy or for a failed brand that didn't make it through.There's a currently used trademark for Oepretta that isn't abandoned; Howleen is a much better example.

On the actual topic of the doll, I think maybe he'll be released as some type of exclusive or just used in art for a while. He hasn't gained an astounding amount of popularity yet, so there's no reason to make an entire new sculpt for him so far, though I like the idea of a boy 'villian' doll to go with Neffie and Tora.

I hope I wasn't bumping this too much. . .It was only a week or so since the last post, but I felt I should post anyway.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service