Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Ok, so my girls have altogether 70-something dolls, which is like 35+ dolls per girl, yikes!  This includes CAMS, none are doubles, and they share their dolls.  How much do you think is too many for children? I feel like we're getting there or already there, but I love the dolls almost as much as my girls do and can't part with any and don't want to force them to size down just yet.  There are so many characters now and different looks for the characters, it's hard to limit!  Curious what others' thoughts are on what's too much for kids; difference of opinions are expected... but lets keep it positive and respectful to each other, please ☺

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule to this.   Some children become collectors when others don't.  Some can handle a large number of dolls and some can't. I think it comes down to a few questions you have to ask yourself

Do they take care of the dolls they have?

Do they notice if one of the dols is missing?

Do they regularly play with all of the dolls?

Do they complain that their current dolls are not enough and boring and demand a new doll?

Do they act entitled to a new doll when you're out?

If you answered yes to the first three questions and no to the second two questions then, no, they don't have too many dolls. 

If they were not playing with the dolls or not taking care of the dolls then, yes, they have too many.  If they are throwing temper tantrums or expect you to provide them with a new doll all the time then, yes, they have too many.  If they don't even know what all ones they have and one goes missing for two months without them noticing, then they have too many.

However, if they're taking care of them and playing with all of them, then I don't think they have too many.  When I was a kid, I had well over 50 My Little Ponies and all of the playsets.  I don't think I had too many though because I did take care of my ponies.  I knew the names of all the ones I had and I knew when one was missing.  When I got out of it and sold my collection, I still had all the accessories for all of the ponies. 

It just depends on the kid.

I agree with you, I think it does depend on the kid and the answer is variable.  I think there are other factors as well that can help determine what is too much for some such as finances, living conditions/size restrictions, how many other toys or collections the child has, etc.  And thank you, those points/questions are great considerations. 

Ahra Raven said:

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule to this.   Some children become collectors when others don't.  Some can handle a large number of dolls and some can't. I think it comes down to a few questions you have to ask yourself

Do they take care of the dolls they have?

Do they notice if one of the dols is missing?

Do they regularly play with all of the dolls?

Do they complain that their current dolls are not enough and boring and demand a new doll?

Do they act entitled to a new doll when you're out?

If you answered yes to the first three questions and no to the second two questions then, no, they don't have too many dolls. 

If they were not playing with the dolls or not taking care of the dolls then, yes, they have too many.  If they are throwing temper tantrums or expect you to provide them with a new doll all the time then, yes, they have too many.  If they don't even know what all ones they have and one goes missing for two months without them noticing, then they have too many.

However, if they're taking care of them and playing with all of them, then I don't think they have too many.  When I was a kid, I had well over 50 My Little Ponies and all of the playsets.  I don't think I had too many though because I did take care of my ponies.  I knew the names of all the ones I had and I knew when one was missing.  When I got out of it and sold my collection, I still had all the accessories for all of the ponies. 

It just depends on the kid.

I think the answer really can only come from the parents, and depends on too many factors for a stranger to judge.  When I was growing up 70 new dolls (even split between myself and my siblings) within a couple years time (since MH has only been out a couple years) would have been far too many, because on my parents' income that would have meant sacrificing more important purchases like food, shoes, clothing, the mortgage....

Your income and personal values (and perhaps the size of your home) will determine how many are too many and even if there is such a number.  If you have the money and the space, then only you can decide what is or isn't an appropriate number.

Similar to what Ahra said.

If your daughters are all around appreciative of their dolls, don't throw temper tantrums and don't feel like they're entitled to having dolls, take good care of them, giving them more shouldn't be an issue.

Basically, if they become brats, no more dolls lol.

Least that's how I'd wanna do ti.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service