Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I made a silicone mold this weekend of DotD Frankie's shoes. The aluminum shiny coating was wearing off, and I love the shoe design by want it in different colors. The mold looks like this:

I make the mold so that there is no seam, and just a tiny fill hole that normally leaves no visible mark on the part. You can only see the fill hole mold mark when casting a non-solid color (like a metallic powder filled shoe like these:

I cast a variety today:

I made light metallic grey to match Frankie's bolts, Light sparkle blue for Abbey, clear red for Ghoulia and a bunch of other solid and metallic colors. I like the way Spectra's light clear purples came out the best:

Views: 5832

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

How in the world do you get those shoes out of that mold!? I'm absolutely fascinated. o_o

If you decide to sell any of the custom cast shoes.....I would buy 4 pairs. =)

These are amazing, I absolutely adore Ghoulia and Spectras clear pairs. I strongly suggest selling them, especially with so many comments I'm sure if you sold these along with some of the other more castable shoes like DOTD Dracularas, Schools Out Frankie, and the ones from the bee CAM, you would have a lot of buyers including me! XD Feel free to let me know if you do end up putting them on etsy or start taking requests.

wow these look so cool...I'd buy them too!

Oh, I did end up selling quite a few of these on Etsy, including the clear and glow in the dark ones. This thread is from the beginning of the year. I'll be selling them again as soon as I'm on holiday break and have the time to make more.

awsome...I will definitely be keeping my eye out for them :)

Adam Smith said:

Oh, I did end up selling quite a few of these on Etsy, including the clear and glow in the dark ones. This thread is from the beginning of the year. I'll be selling them again as soon as I'm on holiday break and have the time to make more.

Would you by any chance consider taking requests for certain colors? Or do you have limited ones to work with?

Adam Smith said:

This makes me very excited because I really want a pair of those glow in the dark ones, how much do you sell them for?

Adam Smith said:

I can do requests for certain colors. The DotD Frankie shoes can be made with glitter and glow-in-the-dark materials. The Insect Girl high heels work best in solid colors and transparent colors, but without glitter or glow powder--the plastic sections are thinner on this style and the glitter makes them more fragile/brittle.

I'll follow up in this thread when I've got my store restocked.

Would you consider selling a mold for the shoes?

Fan-freakin-tabluous!
please o please sell some.

Adam Smith said:

I think these are my favorite ones to date... glow in the dark!

What's the name of the store?

Adam Smith said:

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service