Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I seem to be completely hooked on customizing these dolls so I thought maybe I should start a thread for my mods...

Edited to add new additions:

Lonely Wolf Clawdeen

Draculara as Marie Antoinette (repaint, reroot and clothes by me)

CAM Dragon

Lagoona custom

Ghoulia Voodoo princess

CAM vampire as a leprechaun

Ghoulia as Wednesday Addams, repainted and rerooted with a dress by me.

Dagonia - CAM sea monster, repainted with mohair wig by me

CAM skeleton and werewolf as Day of the Dead Catrinas with CAM wigs styled by me

Ghoulia as a wraith or ghost with face up and dress by me

Werecat Purrsephone as the Egyptian cat goddess Bastet.  In progress: whole body spray painted gold and face repainted but  I need to finish rerooting her, do a few touch ups and make her gown and accessories.

Thanks for looking!  :)

Views: 1927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome work. I <3 Wednesday. You should get one of those Stacie dolls (Barbie's little sister) and make a Cousin It, hahaha!! Do you have a flickr page?

Your customs are awesome!  I especially like Bastet :)

LOL!  I keep thinking I need to get one of Jackson's hands for a cousin it, but then the boys don't have articulated hands, or do they? 

My flickr is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bauhausfrau/sets/72157629149966678/

B.D. said:

Awesome work. I <3 Wednesday. You should get one of those Stacie dolls (Barbie's little sister) and make a Cousin It, hahaha!! Do you have a flickr page?

You're thinking of "Thing"--the disembodied hand. Yes, that would be awesome! Cousin It was covered in super long hair. Turning one of the MH boys into Lurch would be good too. And while you're at it, why not make a Debbie and Uncle Fester?! =0D

Doh, I meant Thing, my brain is a bit fried with repeated insomnia lately.  :P    It would be cool to have the whole gang wouldn't it?!  I saw a custom somewhere of Jackson as Edgar Allen Poe that was pretty awesome.

B.D. said:

You're thinking of "Thing"--the disembodied hand. Yes, that would be awesome! Cousin It was covered in super long hair. Turning one of the MH boys into Lurch would be good too. And while you're at it, why not make a Debbie and Uncle Fester?! =0D

I believe the Gil Webber doll has articulated hands, if you wanted to use one of those, but of course you'd have to paint it another color... the rest of the guys seem to have sold hand/forearm assemblies... maybe you could take one and cut it down to length with a dremel?

Bauhausfrau said:

LOL!  I keep thinking I need to get one of Jackson's hands for a cousin it, but then the boys don't have articulated hands, or do they? 

I thought about that but I wasn't sure if their arms were hollow, anyone know?

Seems kinda mean to the poor boys, maybe I should just try to find a GI joe at a yard sale to destroy.  ;)

Persephone said:

I believe the Gil Webber doll has articulated hands, if you wanted to use one of those, but of course you'd have to paint it another color... the rest of the guys seem to have sold hand/forearm assemblies... maybe you could take one and cut it down to length with a dremel?

Bauhausfrau said:

Hehe... you can always wait until the boy CAM sets start appearing, i'm sure you'd be able to snag some "extra parts" from Buy, Sell, Trade or eBay. Might be the "best" or easiest way, without disfiguring another guy. ;)

Bauhausfrau said:

I thought about that but I wasn't sure if their arms were hollow, anyone know?

Seems kinda mean to the poor boys, maybe I should just try to find a GI joe at a yard sale to destroy.  ;)

Persephone said:

Bauhausfrau said:

I love Poe! =0D

Bauhausfrau said:

Doh, I meant Thing, my brain is a bit fried with repeated insomnia lately.  :P    It would be cool to have the whole gang wouldn't it?!  I saw a custom somewhere of Jackson as Edgar Allen Poe that was pretty awesome.

B.D. said:

bump for more monsters!

especially love the Bastet, Wednesday, and the Catrinas (i did one of those, too).

but the cat just looks AMAZING gold.

Bastet! My patron!!! Oh she looks amazing. The gold/blue striped tail is a perfect touch.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service