Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Wydowna? A backgrounder? A regular character that's special in some way? Someone new all-together?

I think Wydowna stands a good chance and here are my reasons why; people can't stop talking about her/hoping for her, while highly desired by adult collectors she's perhaps a little to eh... creepy for the mainstream public whose target audience is ages 6-12.  However if she is well-received/highly desired by many, she could come out again as a Power Ghoul exclusive... just my thoughts...

Let's hear yours!

Views: 1166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PG Wydowna does fit VERY well, and I can see them doing all kinds of things w/ that for the extras; the box art, maybe a comic book, special bag, etc.  But would her basic be well-received if mass-produced to all the stores? IDK, but if PG Wydowna is the SDCC, I'm sure her reception will be heavily evaluated for that.  Overall, I'd have to say that PG Wydowna does seem like the most logical candidate, to me anyway.  Was there a special name given to her yet in the comic box art w/ the PG dolls?  If I remember correctly just part of her artwork was shown and nothing else was disclosed of her other than she's a villain right? (we don't have any PG dolls yet, only interested in Catastrophe).  Being that the others have their special names she would obviously need one too, but as Triumvirate pointed out, they wait 'til much later now to trademark names (forgot about that).

Julia Phelps said:

My fear is that it will be the Power Ghoul version of Wydonna - fits the con theme, isn't a basic (they can do a basic of her for stores), uses molds and trademarks they already have.

It's my fear because my daughter LOVES the power ghouls and will want it desperately.

Possibly InvisiBilly, but......

If we are thinking more along the Comic Con tradition, then it's either going to be Wydonna or Gory (possibly with Bram). I truly hope it's not Wydonna; she's not quite omnipresent enough for my wanting her as an SDCC doll. Gory is a better fit and what better for Mattel than to see just what type of hype a doll produces by releasing it at SDCC? Then they have statistical data about potential sales of future variations of the character.

i think one thing to keep in mind, is if we get another new characters, it doesn't mean they'll never come out again, seeing as Scarah is getting an I <3 Fashion. So if Wydowna happens... it could mean we'll see her mainline down the road.

I really hope it's not a basic because,ok first of all they(scarah and hoodude) didn't even get a pet.
Second of all it seems a bit unfair to everyone since only limited quantities are made :|
I hope it's a character that's already had a release with the theme of Comic-con because to be honest if its not it just kills the spirit for me :l
It could be ghoulia too...I mean she's the one who "reports" all the news from SDCC and they used her shadow as that thing that said "to be revealed on.."
So my thought is ghoulia :)

I'd really prefer that the keep the SDCC exclusives to a special version or variant of an existing character....  It's hard enough to find some of the new characters that are exclusive to various stores, so making one a SDCC exclusive is just craziness....lol...  I'd love to see various versions of popular characters, though.   An amazing Robecca or Operetta, or Howleen or something would be fab!

M

I would love a stylized existing character like the Egyptian/Cleopatra Cleo or steampunk Robecca ideas. A Phantom Operetta would be cool in my book. Dressed either in the evening wear with mask or in an outfit similar to Red Death. :D

I could be wrong about this but I wanted to look into it...

I thought that MattyCollector only sold specific subscriptions and with those subscriptions you received a new figure every month. Currently the only subscriptions I see were for MOTU and DC Universe (I think) but I thought there were supposed to be at least four this year. I was a little out of the loop at the beginning of this year when they came out, so I'm unsure.

However, on the MC Sale Schedule, it lists which sales subscribers receive early access to.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.sales...

In June this year it lists the pre-order voucher sale for those attending the Con. In July it lists the dates for in-booth sales during the Con and then it lists the after sale as being in August.

None of these sales are listed as being for subscribers only nor are they listed as Early Access only.

So I'm not entirely sure where the information came from that the SDCC Exclusive would be only available to purchase by subscribers, but it's not looking that way based on what I'm reading on MattyCollector.com

Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.

Also it lists the SDCC reveals for April =D

MattyCollector mentioned that subscribers will have early access to SDCC exclusives after SDCC is over and assuming there will be leftovers after that, they will be available to the public. This is what I got from them in an email:

• Early access exclusively for subscribers: We are presenting our 2013 subscribers with all-new functionality that enables them to buy non-subscription products before they are available to the general public! We believe this will be a huge perk and an absolute bonus for subscription customers. 
That's good news :)
Cant wait to see wich one it is

Werecat Strut said:

I could be wrong about this but I wanted to look into it...

I thought that MattyCollector only sold specific subscriptions and with those subscriptions you received a new figure every month. Currently the only subscriptions I see were for MOTU and DC Universe (I think) but I thought there were supposed to be at least four this year. I was a little out of the loop at the beginning of this year when they came out, so I'm unsure.

However, on the MC Sale Schedule, it lists which sales subscribers receive early access to.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.sales...

In June this year it lists the pre-order voucher sale for those attending the Con. In July it lists the dates for in-booth sales during the Con and then it lists the after sale as being in August.

None of these sales are listed as being for subscribers only nor are they listed as Early Access only.

So I'm not entirely sure where the information came from that the SDCC Exclusive would be only available to purchase by subscribers, but it's not looking that way based on what I'm reading on MattyCollector.com

Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.

Also it lists the SDCC reveals for April =D

I also want to echo what Triumvirate said: There has been a widely-released version of each SDCC Exclusive and I think that's pretty awesome. Like Kitsune said we got the BW SS Frankie (and for $4 no less), the Ghoulia Comic Pack and now the release of an awesome Scarah.

To me this REALLY takes the pressure off. I was a mad woman last year trying to get Scarah and HooDude, even taking the day off work to try and get one from the pre-sale. It simply did not pan out for me, much like many others and now I don't even care because the Scarah they've shown is just amazing.

This yeah I don't think I'm going to be so crazy. I have each and every one of the "replacement" SDCC Exclusive releases so I don't see why I need to go crazy or spend hundreds of dollars trying to get a real one.

I've had a lot more positive experience in general with MH in 2013 than I did in 2012, so I'm hoping the tradition continues with the SDCC reveal!

Here's a screenshot from the email I got shortly after SDCC.

Hopefully now y'all will believe me.

Her Monster Highness said:

The entire Matty Collector Early Access/subscriber SDCC subject has my brain bleeding. Can someone please make a final clarification? I've spent a lot of time pouring over the site and it leaves me more confused than ever.

No problem! I'm glad I have a friend who has a DCU subscription so he's going to help me get the MH exclusive! :D

You're a doll, thank you.

Lillian Gracey said:

Here's a screenshot from the email I got shortly after SDCC.

The entire Matty Collector Early Access/subscriber SDCC subject has my brain bleeding. Can someone please make a final clarification? I've spent a lot of time pouring over the site and it leaves me more confused than ever.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service