Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

This has been touched on a little in a couple of other discussions I've read, and maybe some of you already have inside info on this.  With the release of Friday Night Frights out now, it has made me think more about what Target might do this year if they do another 5 pk.  If they do, do you think it will be Roller Maze or Scaris, and which dolls? 

If Roller Maze, I personally would like to see Draculaura, Cleo in her "photo op" outfit lol (gold skates and all!), Rochelle in her gargoyle armor, Clawdeen, and either Operetta and Frankie; and have Abbey and Ghoulia sit this one out since they've been released 2x already.  I highly doubt they'd do Rochelle, would be too expensive to do especially for a 5 pk, but how awesome would she look with the ponytail helmet and all... but perhaps Cleo would be a possibility, she never wears a helmet in the movie so they'd save money there lol.

Views: 1116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a note on the comment about raising the 5-pack prices. The Gloom Beach set was originally $49.99 and the Skull Shores set was $54.99 per the Target shelf tags. So there was a $5 price increase once the Skull Shores set was released. This makes me wonder if there is a new Target 5-pack (history shows there probably will be) will there be another increase, especially if it is Scaris...

Gloom Beach = $10.00 per doll before tax

Skull Shores = $11.00 per doll before tax

New 5-pack if price increases to $59.99 ($5 more than Skull Shores) = $12.00 per doll before tax

Any thoughts?

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

Doesn't it seem like it would be hard to come in within budget on a 5 pack of Scaris dolls?  Or are they going to raise the price?  If they do make a Scaris 5 pack I wouldn't complain, and if they do it at a reasonable price, I will sing Mattel's praises even more. 

This does make sense now.  The new Fearleading 3 pack is 39.99 (although those DO come with stands) which works out to $13.33 per doll. Of course, TRU does tend to be pricier than other store in general.  I can definately see a $59.99 price tag on a 5 pack.

Howleen's Mom said:

Just a note on the comment about raising the 5-pack prices. The Gloom Beach set was originally $49.99 and the Skull Shores set was $54.99 per the Target shelf tags. So there was a $5 price increase once the Skull Shores set was released. This makes me wonder if there is a new Target 5-pack (history shows there probably will be) will there be another increase, especially if it is Scaris...

New 5-pack if price increases to $59.99 ($5 more than Skull Shores) = $12.00 per doll before tax

Any thoughts?

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

Doesn't it seem like it would be hard to come in within budget on a 5 pack of Scaris dolls?  Or are they going to raise the price?  If they do make a Scaris 5 pack I wouldn't complain, and if they do it at a reasonable price, I will sing Mattel's praises even more. 

When you do the math, the multi-pack prices don't seem so bad. But if it is not a must have for you at regular price, WAIT, they do go on sale! As an example, Christmas season 2011 Gloom Beach set went on sale for $34.99 (I bought it then) and Black Friday 2012 Skull Shores was $44.99 or $45.99 (I bought it then). In my area the 5 packs are ALWAYS available. There are still plenty of SS 5-packs at both of my Targets all for $54.99.

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

This does make sense now.  The new Fearleading 3 pack is 39.99 (although those DO come with stands) which works out to $13.33 per doll. Of course, TRU does tend to be pricier than other store in general.  I can definately see a $59.99 price tag on a 5 pack.

Howleen's Mom said:

Any thoughts?

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

i just want the doll stands /.\

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR DX

I think we will see a Skultimate Roller Maze 5-pack or a Gloom Beach Wave 2 5-pack.

Gloom Beach Wave 2:

Venus

Draculaura

Lagoona

Rochelle?

Operetta?

Skultimate Roller Maze:

Abbey

Clawdeen

Draculaura

Cleo

Robecca 

those are just my predictions. 

I don't know about a Wave 2 for GB since it was related to the webisodes and when the ghouls went there, but I can definitely picture a SRM 5 pack.  I think it makes sense for a number of reasons:

1) There are plenty of tie-ins for it including video games and a CGI film, and isn't the film coming out in a 2 pack this year?

2) There hasn't been a Draculaura in this line yet, and she's in most lines.  People go gaga for Draculaura. There also hasn't been a Cleo or Rochelle, so they have plenty of popular ghouls to sub in for the 5 pack.

3)  These dolls DO come with stands, so they could cut costs there, and they have few accessories, none really unless you count skates (in place of shoes) and the helmets.

4) They still have faith in the line as they have just released Clawdeen and Abbey as a single pack.

I can see a SRM 5 pack with:  Cleo, Draculaura, Operetta, Frankie and Lagoona or maybe if we are lucky Rochelle instead  of Lagoona or Operetta.

The 2 movie DVD that features the Roller Maze line was just released Tuesday February 5, 2013. There is still the video game on Nintendo 3DS that will be released on March 13, 2013 according to Amazon.

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

I don't know about a Wave 2 for GB since it was related to the webisodes and when the ghouls went there, but I can definitely picture a SRM 5 pack.  I think it makes sense for a number of reasons:

1) There are plenty of tie-ins for it including video games and a CGI film, and isn't the film coming out in a 2 pack this year?

2) There hasn't been a Draculaura in this line yet, and she's in most lines.  People go gaga for Draculaura. There also hasn't been a Cleo or Rochelle, so they have plenty of popular ghouls to sub in for the 5 pack.

3)  These dolls DO come with stands, so they could cut costs there, and they have few accessories, none really unless you count skates (in place of shoes) and the helmets.

4) They still have faith in the line as they have just released Clawdeen and Abbey as a single pack.

I can see a SRM 5 pack with:  Cleo, Draculaura, Operetta, Frankie and Lagoona or maybe if we are lucky Rochelle instead  of Lagoona or Operetta.

The RM game came out in November of last year.

Howleen's Mom said:

The 2 movie DVD that features the Roller Maze line was just released Tuesday February 5, 2013. There is still the video game on Nintendo 3DS that will be released on March 13, 2013 according to Amazon.

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

Not on Nintendo 3DS Lillian, only on Nintendo DS and Wii. The 3DS version is scheduled for release 3/13/13 as I noted previously. See the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-High-Skultimate-Roller-nintendo-3ds/d...

Lillian Gracey said:

The RM game came out in November of last year.

Howleen's Mom said:

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

The Dance Class 5-pack sounds very possible, actually. It would be like exactly the Gloom Beach pack, and it would kind of follow the "swim lines get 5 packs" line of thinking, even if it's not a swim line.

Triumvirate said:

Well, now that this TRU exclusive Scaris 2-pack has been uncovered, my whole theory on Scaris getting a 5-pack sort of goes out the window. Maybe you're right. I can't say I'd be too happy about that, though, since we've already bought Howleen and Lagoona and I don't particularly want to buy them again, nor do we need Operetta or Robecca. I know my daughter will want that Rochelle, though. I thought we were past having to buy 5 dolls to get the 1 exclusive at this point, but maybe not.

Operetta Fan said:

Why not a Dance Class 5-Pack? Add Rochelle?

Wait a toys r us exclusive Scaris 2 pack?! Where did that info come from?

Here! http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/new-toys-r-us-exclusiv...

Mike said:

Wait a toys r us exclusive Scaris 2 pack?! Where did that info come from?

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service