Pop tarts are the favorite food of many people, especially the youth, kids. Let look through the recipe and make it at home.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour plus additional for shaping and rolling
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 12 tablespoons strawberry preserves (preferably organic homemade)
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- Slice strawberries, cook them with butter and sugar in medium-low fire until it becomes jam.
- Whisk 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, coarse salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips to blend in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water by tablespoonfuls, tossing until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball. Divide in half; shape each half into disk. Wrap in plastic. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment. Working with 1 disk at a time, roll out dough on floured surface to about 13x11 inches. Trim to 12x10-inch rectangle, then cut into eight 5x3-inch rectangles.
- Arrange 4 rectangles, spaced apart, on each sheet. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons preserves in row down center of each rectangle. Top preserves with second dough rectangle. Using fingertips, gently press all edges of each tart to seal; press all edges with tines of fork to double-seal. Using toothpick, poke a few holes in center of top dough rectangle. Cover; freeze tarts on sheets at least 2 hours and up to 1 week.
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 375°F. Bake frozen tarts uncovered until golden, reversing sheets after 15 minutes, 25 to 30 minutes total (some preserves may leak out). Immediately transfer tarts to rack. Sift powdered sugar lightly over. Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh berries.