Okay, I am a bit more on track this week. (Thank you snow days!) This week I worked on getting the jacket for the Flying Monkey done. I even took some tastfully artsy pictures of the pieces I got done. Here are the pictures.
Here is a front view of the jacket. The red details are embroidery that I did by hand.
I like how the wings for this turned out. They really emulate how the wings looked in the original movie. All, dark and dusky; then fading to a pale blue.
Since I have this part done, now I just need to do the shirt, pants, finish the boots, and do the face up then I can say the Flying Monkey Doll for this project is done. One little problem, I am a bit burned out on the Monkey.
Solution: I have cut out the shirt, pants, jacket (all for the Scarecrow), and the top of the evil witch's dress as distractions. I do have the shirt and pants cut out for the Monkey as well (just in case).