Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Cool things to make and do either for or with the kids can go here!

Views: 554

Replies to This Discussion

@J Moore - That's awesome! I made a 'night club' out of a built in shelf in my livingroom. It's featured in my "Party Ghouls" picture set. Was originally for my Barbies, but she got kicked out. lol

Coinoperatedjoy - I checked out your nightclub pics and it looks really neat! So many MH doll project ideas, but so little time...and Money :)

Great job! It looks fantastic. I'd love to fix up a bookshelf dollhouse for the MH girls but we're shifting rooms and remodelling (and probably will be for the rest of the year). A garage is a great idea -- that car's gotta go somewhere!

J Moore said:

I've finally completed three rooms in my MH house project.
Thanks Julia! I think one room will definitely be a garage and another is currently housing the MH horses, so will probably get a stable makeover of some kind. :) I'm also thinking about ordering the school kit off Ebay. I have a friend who ordered the kit for a bookcase and it turned out great. I'm afraid the new school coming out this summer will be too small for actual play. Hoping to find the school dimensions posted somewhere soon.

Julia Phelps said:

Great job! It looks fantastic. I'd love to fix up a bookshelf dollhouse for the MH girls but we're shifting rooms and remodelling (and probably will be for the rest of the year). A garage is a great idea -- that car's gotta go somewhere!

J Moore said:

I've finally completed three rooms in my MH house project.

The playset looks cool but tiny (see it on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/48806895@N08/6850967863/) -- I think the good thing about it is if you don't have much space you can fold it up and stash it. We might try and get it for that reason, but I'm not sure. With all the cool furniture sets coming out for bedrooms going with those might more sense.

I love the stable idea! My ghoul has Breyers and the MH dolls do ride on occasion, lol!

I am still missing frankie's bed (can't believe I kept passing it up and now it's gone!) so that's what I'm mainly working on tracking down right now....

Julia-what area are you in? I'm in the Chicagoland area and have seen Frankie's bed and Draculaura's beds at two Walmarts this week. The Walmarts in my area seem to get the same MH items at the same time, so maybe the Walmarts in your area will have them too :)

My daughter takes horseback riding lessons and is horse crazy so, of course, the MH girls will need a stable! LOL. I'm really debating about the school playset. It would be nice to be able to fold it up for easy storage, but if it doesn't have enough play space inside, it'll end up collecting dust rather than being used by my daughter :/ The nice thing about the bookshelf houses and schools is that when they aren't being played with, I can still use them for storage. My friend who orderrd the school wall kit off Ebay put her wall pictures on foam board so they could be easily removed from the shelves. I may try that next. I believe the kit is $40 for wall designs for four rooms. The seller also told my friend that she is working on bedroom kits.

Good luck with the bed!!

Julia Phelps said:

The playset looks cool but tiny (see it on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/48806895@N08/6850967863/) -- I think the good thing about it is if you don't have much space you can fold it up and stash it. We might try and get it for that reason, but I'm not sure. With all the cool furniture sets coming out for bedrooms going with those might more sense.

I love the stable idea! My ghoul has Breyers and the MH dolls do ride on occasion, lol!

I am still missing frankie's bed (can't believe I kept passing it up and now it's gone!) so that's what I'm mainly working on tracking down right now....

Ah....we don't have Walmart!! (We're in NYC). We can get to a TRU (they don't even have the shelf tag up), Target (they never have a thing) and one Kmart (ditto, nothing). I haven't seen a bed since around Xmas (we got her the Draculaura bed and I planned to pick up the frankie bed later)

Yeah, my daughter is horse-crazy too! Her dream is lessons and someday her own horse, but I can't even get her lessons (the closest lessons are $$$ and over an hour's drive away). She is so wishing they would make Nightmare! She built a stable for her horses already.

That is a good idea to make the decoration removable! I am not going to worry about it until the playset is actually out. One option would be to have a bookshelf of their homes; with the playset for school. But we'll see. It's a ways off, I think.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I will keep looking and hope for the best (and the bed!)

I made a cool display box today for MH dolls. It was a pretty easy craft and something you and your kids could do together. I need to upload the pix I took along the way, but the jist is using a shipping box, construction paper, glue, glitter and cut outs from MH boxes. It fits 2-3 dolls. There's endless possibilities with how you could decorate your box! I'll post pix after I get them off my camera. :o)

I've been working on a few "easy-peasy" rooms for MonsterHigh dolls using cardboard binders... the website for the idea is attached to the pictures. :) on my MH picture page.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service