Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Monster hunting can be dangerous between rabid scalpers, pushy parents & snarky clerks. What are some crazy or unsettling stories from your Monster Hunting adventures?

Views: 302

Replies to This Discussion

I ended up WITHOUT Clawdeen & Howleen. :P

Shimmeree said:

Yay! I'm happy for you :) My stupid Targets ALWAYS seems to have literally NO dolls, they don't have anything. They really need to expand their MH section! Glad you got Howleen and Clawdeen :3

Mattea said:

I went to target and my bro found the Clawdeen and howleen pack I was awestcuk. I asked my dad to let me get it, and he said that "I had been very obsessed lately." I was worried. there were four dolls at the time my brother found them, I looked again, and they were down to three. I tried to forget about it and not keep buging him about it, because that's what he said would let me get it. And I apparently mentioned it to many times and I ended up without a howleen and clawdeen to this day. :P

This is just a weird happening, I thought I would mention. My closest Walmart never has new MH stuff, i thought at first I just kept missing the dolls coming in but i dont think so. I practically live at Walmart bc there is nothing else to do around here. They have had like one of each skull shores dolls and frankie and draculara of the sweet 16 wave for months. The other 2 Walmarts have gotten new stuff, so I *m beggining to think the stockers of that Walmart or managers are scalping these dolls. What do you think?

XD Sorry! That sucks!!! I hate when you see the new dolls and for whatever reason you can't get them! Sorry >.br/>
Mattea said:

I ended up WITHOUT Clawdeen & Howleen. :P

Shimmeree said:

Yay! I'm happy for you :) My stupid Targets ALWAYS seems to have literally NO dolls, they don't have anything. They really need to expand their MH section! Glad you got Howleen and Clawdeen :3

Mattea said:

I went to target and my bro found the Clawdeen and howleen pack I was awestcuk. I asked my dad to let me get it, and he said that "I had been very obsessed lately." I was worried. there were four dolls at the time my brother found them, I looked again, and they were down to three. I tried to forget about it and not keep buging him about it, because that's what he said would let me get it. And I apparently mentioned it to many times and I ended up without a howleen and clawdeen to this day. :P

I think that I agree with you! I mean some of these stores are completely sold out constantly, I mean zero dolls on the shelves. I wonder if at some stores if certain employees are working with a scalper or two or scalping the dolls themselves. I mean I know these dolls are popular and a lot of people are going to snatch up these dolls as soon as they seem them but scalping is a pretty big problem with these dolls :/

Starr said:

This is just a weird happening, I thought I would mention. My closest Walmart never has new MH stuff, i thought at first I just kept missing the dolls coming in but i dont think so. I practically live at Walmart bc there is nothing else to do around here. They have had like one of each skull shores dolls and frankie and draculara of the sweet 16 wave for months. The other 2 Walmarts have gotten new stuff, so I *m beggining to think the stockers of that Walmart or managers are scalping these dolls. What do you think?

If I didnt go to Walmart so much I wouldnt think that, but my sister works at that one now and she has not seen new ones either. The other Walmarts are usually stocked with stuff, if only for a bit. Stupid scalpers....

Yeah, I go to Walmart looking for dolls very frequently. I've been looking for Cupid since January and I haven't seen her once. But she's frequently showed up on local Craigslist :/ These scalpers are really getting on my nerves!

Starr said:

If I didnt go to Walmart so much I wouldnt think that, but my sister works at that one now and she has not seen new ones either. The other Walmarts are usually stocked with stuff, if only for a bit. Stupid scalpers....

As a Parent myself I must say...so not cool. I would rather have my child "obsessed " or interested in something that promotes different people getting along in peace, than the many other bad things that are out there. When my daughter first decided she liked these , I was not thrilled. I saw it as some stupid goth thing, til I took the time to become educated about what my child was interested in. I found it cool and interesting, with some throw backs to different world mythology....and I have become obsessed myself. We have tried VERY hard to find the Howleen/ Clawdeen pack...with no success, so I could imagine your amazement ..and let down. So save some money if you can and be on the lookout, maybe good things will happen for you in the future ; ) My daughter is obsessed with those ladies as well....and I love it !

Two of my friends and I went on our very first hunt ever at a TRU in Hurst, TX and one friend spotted a Spectra. She was really excited about it and planned to get it, but since she was new to the fandom, wasn't sure if it was her favorite just yet (and she is now!) 

A kid and her mom RAN into the aisle and dug through the dolls, and then the mom pointed in my friends hands and screamed "SHE HAS HER!"

The mom literally paid my friend to NOT buy the doll. My friend just said $5 because we didn't realize it was hard to find Spectra, and now wish we had asked more. :/

Personally and sadly, I don't really enjoy shopping for my Monster High dolls when people are there with children mainly because of all the dirty looks I get.  I'm not a scalper.  I work hard to get the money I spend on my dolls.  I don't have children because I'm not able to have them even though I'd like a son or daughter to share my love of these dolls with.  I'm not grabbing more than one of each doll when I shop. I'm not grabbing dolls out of people's hands.

However, since none of that is obvious just by looking at me, I get GLARED at for being an adult on my own picking up dolls.  I have only had one positive experience with parents when it comes to Monster High doll shopping which I think is really really sad.  So, when I head into the toy aisle, if there are other people there, I honestly tense up almost expecting an attack anymore.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service