Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I've read on this site that some have found MH dolls at Dollar General. I didn't even think of looking there during the holidays. I visited several in my area recently but have found none. Has anybody found any there recently? Wondering if it was just a seasonal holiday thing or if they plan to carry them year-round.

Views: 918

Replies to This Discussion

I've looked in a couple locally. Nothing here.

I've looked in a few around the Daytona to Ormond area in the last week and nothing either. I'm thinking it could of been a holiday thing because CVS carried some MH dolls too and I have yet to see them since Christmas. But also, it seems like in the MH world things haven't caught up yet. Meaning the shelves in major store chains are still very empty. Maybe when their shelves start looking like they use to before the holidays maybe these stores might get some dolls every now and then. 

Do you know that for a fact?

Because I didn't think CVS would sell these dolls either but lo and behold I found the killer style Frankie and Draculaura there. 

anime friend said:

They don't sell monster high dolls. Those people were lying to you.

I have found them at CVS, Walgreens, and Big Lots...WG and Big Lots carry them year-round. While I think Dollar General to be sub par to these others, the likelihood doesn't seem improbable.

anime friend said:

They don't sell monster high dolls. Those people were lying to you.

They just buy overstock merchandise from stores. Just like Big Lots and like Michelle said MH products are found there year long. They are in fact a smaller company but I don't see why they couldn't have these products. Plus Dollar General is expanding their business so I'm sure they would love this get these items in stock if they are able to get the chance to.

anime friend said:

It is a fact. The dollar stores get old toys that no one wants from other stores. They don't order from manufacturers. They are discount stores. They will only have them when kids  no longer want to buy them.

Sorry for my response I didn't see what you said 

But the Dollar General isn't really a "dollar store" per se. They don't sell items like The Dollar Store does. DG items range from 1.00 to 20.00, and sometimes higher. They sell Swiffers, and other name brands that are sometimes more expensive than other stores! I have yet to see MHDs at DG, but I certainly wouldn't count them out. I still check the toy aisle just in case. They don't always sell knock offs either. I've seen Littlest Pet Shop, and a few other name brands in toys. I have seen a few SS dolls at Rite Aid and CVS, but just like those drugstores I'm sure it's very rare to see them at DG. I would still check the toy aisle of any "upscale" dollar stores. 

anime friend said:

It is a fact. The dollar stores get old toys that no one wants from other stores. They don't order from manufacturers. They are discount stores. They will only have them when kids  no longer want to buy them.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service