Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I'm just curious, since after school I have WAY to much free time and sitting on the computer for three hours strait isn't exactly healthy. I'd really like to make something productive. I've been yearning to try making DIY lip balm. But after than what do I do? I could really use some suggestions

Views: 613

Replies to This Discussion

These are great!

I'm useless with duct tape tho...I always end up sticking it to itself.

At work I am said to have a PhD in tapeology (Pretty Handy Digits). If you get fumbled up, try using smaller pieces of tape until you get the desired effect.

lis b said:

These are great!

I'm useless with duct tape tho...I always end up sticking it to itself.

What I do is first stick together the basic dress, covering the chest down to the knees, then I get a really long thin piece and wrap it around the waist really tightly, then I either make the dress longer or shorter, or I cut it in half and start making a shirt and a skirt or pants. After that I really just wing it

I have been using duck tape as the insoles for the shoes I have been making. Here is a pic. You can see the insole best on the shoe on the left. I use black duck tape.

those are cool! How did you make the rest of the shoe?

The base is clay that has been baked, the strap is clear vinyl that I painted with glitter paint, then I added the rinestones.

wow, they look great

My attempt at shoes ended in a wad of clay stuck to my lagoonas foot

I have a specific doll designated for molding the shoe heels on and another one for glueing the insoles to the heels. (this way if the glue seeps out it just gets stuck toa doll that already has some minor damage to it)

I'mWithTheFreakshow(AD) said:

My attempt at shoes ended in a wad of clay stuck to my lagoonas foot

thats aa good idea

You could take up knitting/crocheting.  I know there are a few good patterns for MH clothes available.  Plus a ton of other things, if you don't want to make doll clothes.  If you are interested, I would look on ravelry.com for patterns.

Well curtly I'm actually working in a few cosplays so that's been keeping me occupied

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service