Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

YourMonsterHigh.es winning doll...she has an official profile now

It's in Spanish but here she is.

Views: 1541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is this??

Wow, if that's a new doll, I'm so excited, she's lovely.

Kat

She's not a new doll. A couple of countries had a contest where people submitted designs an the winner got a doll of their design. So far two have shown up this one and Catia Morais. The only ones the exist are tear ones. You can see what te uk version o the contest at yourmonsterhigh.co.uk

Can some body translate please?

Looks like a Ghoulia / Cupid headmold? She looks very nice, too bad she's only getting one produced :(

I like this one and the Catia one. Both are interesting and pretty and I'd be happy to have either in my collection. Too bad they are not going to get a wider release.

I have been saying from day one that it would be really nice to get new characters like this in budget boxes without the pets and diaries and all of that. This would be a great way to sell some of the background characters from the webisodes, or have a special fun release from time to time like the B&W Skull Shores Frankie. It's not quite as official or nice as the basics and not quite as lego-ish as the CAM. Sort of a third in-between option.

It was a cool idea, such a shame it was a popularity contest and resulted in some insanely uninspired winners.

This one is apparently a witch judging by what google translate tells me... though what it translates to in english is um... not very appropriate I have to say. Did Mattel even look this up before they created it? I've looked it up on multiple translators, multiple dictionaries and various websites... I am... quite honestly rather shocked.

I wonder if it's actually a THING in this region of the world. Any people from Latin America able to confirm any legend of an er... sexy witch?

Looks like a rerooted cupid to me.

Pretty dull design imo.

I don't speak the language here, but doing a quick internet search apparently "la bruja piruja" means "witch" or "sorceress"?

I've translated a bit of this:

Canela means Cinnamon btw... random.

Style: I never leave home without my boots, my pointed hat and my sequinned dress

My freaky flaw: When I get angry or I get nervous my nose grows. It is a strange phenomenon that has been passed down in my family for generations.

My favorite: I love flying with my broom to the moon. (??)

I hate: people who says that witches are evil and have no style.

My favorite subject: Potions class, of course. I'm the best in this

My Subject hated: (maybe physical deaducation because she can't use her broom? not certain here, can't translate a few words)

my favorite color: Obviously purple.

My Pet: a spider named Lila.

my favourite food: Frogs eye macaroons (??), delicious.

My best friends: Spectra, Lagoona

Wow, soooo unfair of Mattel to only produce one of them!!

I'm a seasoned toy collector and I bet in 20+ years those will be worth tens of thousands of dollars if not more!!

UNFAIR!!!! :P

*snort* Doubt it, they're effectively a custom and they're reusing head moulds. They're hardly particularly interesting to anyone who isn't the original creator. I mean, let's face it, the designs for both these, giraffe girl and this white witch chick are pretty bland. You could totally make one of this by getting cupid, painting her lips fully and rerooting her with blue hair. Wow... amazingly unique there. *eye roll*

I'm not at all impressed by the creativity (or lack thereof) presented by the winners. An actual contest, you know, based on merit and judged rather than just "spam as many votes as you can y'all" would have produced far more interesting results, but that involves hiring people to actually judge something. The lazy option is to just let people get their friends and family and multiple computers to spam vote, then take the top entry and not even bother to read or edit it. Just copy/paste, done.

Which I highly suspect is the case here. I really doubt Mattel would have allowed a word like Piruja, which is rather unfortunate slang in some parts of the world (well, mexico), through had they actually read or paid any attention to what they were producing.

I'm sure the Uk version will confirm this if they don't even bother to correct grammatical or spelling errors (i'll laugh, I really will)

What can I say, I hate this style of contest because it discourages actual effort and instead encourages vote spamming and popularity contests. I always hate that sort of thing because you think "Why put any effort into my creation at all if it won't ever be looked at by anybody?"

And there's the thing. Contests like this should promote creativity and really encourage uniqueness, but it wasn't set up that way. Every day you went in, you voted for your own entry and I highly doubt anyone paid any attention to anyone else's, other than to lament over how lame the current top runners were.

I know, we're talking about kids here, but that's the thing.. it's like doing an art contest where you just ignore the art itself and blindly pick a name out of a hat. Where's the point of doing anything more than a pencil scribble on your paper?

I'm sure there were some interesting entries, it's a shame we'll never see them.

i don't think the translation you got for "la bruja piruja" is totally accurate, as i have found a children's book with that title. Definitely understand where you are coming from on it though, given the google translation. Still searching, might have to call a friend on this one.

purple_monkfish said:

It was a cool idea, such a shame it was a popularity contest and resulted in some insanely uninspired winners.

This one is apparently a witch judging by what tells me... though what it translates to in english is um... not very appropriate I have to say. Did Mattel even look this up before they created it? I've looked it up on multiple translators, multiple dictionaries and various websites... I am... quite honestly rather shocked.

I wonder if it's actually a THING in this region of the world. Any people from Latin America able to any legend of an er... sexy witch?

Looks like a rerooted cupid to me.

Pretty dull design imo.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Stu Carter.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service