Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hey guys! I'm sure a bunch of us have heard of the new bratz line, 'Bratzillaz'. And they are obviously a knock-off of monster high. But I was to here your opinions~

When I first heard of the bratz line, I 100% disagreed with it. I hated the fact that stupid bratz were trying to copy monster high. Then when I saw the prototype picture, I considered stealing their clothes for monster high (or my future customs). Other than that, I don't feel like supporting them, for stealing monster high's ideas.

So today, I was in toysrus looking for Monster High when I saw these cute little dolls, and they turned out to be.. Bratzillaz! They are MUCH MUCH MUCH cuter in real life. I was very very tempted to buy one (it would've been Jade). I mean I know these are 'copies' but they are pretty good. I can't stop staring at them (on flickr!),

So what are your guys' thoughts? Has anybody else 'caved in' and bought them? Has anybody else turned them down because they are copies? Or am I the only one who thinks they are pretty cute?

Views: 4194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I went to the store yesterday, and I happened to pick one up. And the guy there said "SO these are the bratz copying monster high". He literally said. I was gonna pick up Jade, but then I looked in the mh isle which had Ghouls Rule and I broke. So instead of buying Jade, I bought all four Ghouls Rule dolls. P: 

I hunted them at TRU yesterday. The are really cute. I really dont think they are copying MH because these are witches....The price is. A bit high for me since I am comparing them to MH as in the Pet as stuff....15.99 seems like a better price lol. Glass eyes are sooo pretty and the have removable shoes! I am really tempted to buy them :D

I thought they were cute in the pictures. But..they have glass eyes? uh oh...its very hard to pull off glass eyes on a doll without it looking creepy. I think only the Asian BJD companies know how to pull it off. So I'll have to see them in person first.

Wow, seems like where I live is the last place to get new stuff like this in. Checked two TRU's yesterday & nothing. Kinda frustrating, indeed.

i luv them but they have horrible hair so im not getting them which is good for MH lololol

imo, the glass eyes are a really pretty feature these dolls have. I personally hate LIV dolls (because of their eyes DX) but these dolls are quite appealing to me~ :)

mechagirl said:

I thought they were cute in the pictures. But..they have glass eyes? uh oh...its very hard to pull off glass eyes on a doll without it looking creepy. I think only the Asian BJD companies know how to pull it off. So I'll have to see them in person first.

Which would be something logical for the line to have, since the name suggests exactly that.

But logic in MGA? There is none.

P-girl said:

Tough I'm still dissapointed there's not ONE Kaiju-inspired one.


It sounds like a German food..brat-witches XD Oh now I want some brat-witches lol

I suppose they could have also gone wit Britches or Wratz
Werecat Strut said:

Brat-witches! Its like the new hamburger!

(I totally got what you were saying, but I got distracted by thinking of Brat-witches. Its almost lunch time =X)



Disco Voodoo Dolly said:

 I do think the name Bratzillaz is odd for a line of witches, although maybe they tried adding the words Bratz and witches together and realized it didn't sound very nice? lol

I could never get into Liv either, their eyes freaked me out.

Reno Kun said:

imo, the glass eyes are a really pretty feature these dolls have. I personally hate LIV dolls (because of their eyes DX) but these dolls are quite appealing to me~ :)

mechagirl said:

I thought they were cute in the pictures. But..they have glass eyes? uh oh...its very hard to pull off glass eyes on a doll without it looking creepy. I think only the Asian BJD companies know how to pull it off. So I'll have to see them in person first.

Yeah, I agree. Don't know exactly why, but those dolls eyes make them look possessed or something. You wonder what the manufacturer was thinking. A shame though, as otherwise they're nice dolls.

I got one on closeout at Target a while back for like $4 (I kinda liked the dress she was wearing). I was thinking of trying to make the eyes one size larger, wondering if it'd make her look more normal. My luck though, I'd screw the head up in the process, as I've never tried doing anything like that.

mechagirl said:

I could never get into Liv either, their eyes freaked me out.

Reno Kun said:

imo, the glass eyes are a really pretty feature these dolls have. I personally hate LIV dolls (because of their eyes DX) but these dolls are quite appealing to me~ :)

mechagirl said:

I thought they were cute in the pictures. But..they have glass eyes? uh oh...its very hard to pull off glass eyes on a doll without it looking creepy. I think only the Asian BJD companies know how to pull it off. So I'll have to see them in person first.

Spotted the Bratz witches today at TRU. I didn't realize that they had glass/plastic eyes, but that's allright as I do like those kind of eyes.  I liked the redhead doll the best but hated her outfit. I liked the white haired Jade outfit and face but her hair was complete crap. They are jointed which is a plus. The brooms are molded plastic and I would really prefer a more realistic broom.  I carried the redhead witch around for a little while but decided against her. I can wait to get a nude one for less money and add my own witch costume to her.  I also saw the LaDeDa dolls. I did not feel compelled to buy them at all.

I finally scored the Werecat Twins and am elated about it. 

I don't think BZ are copies. There would not be Monster High if it wasn't for Bratz. They started the "not your traditional" doll trend. I think BZ look amazing. Have you seen the details? glass eyes? fashions? articulation? and they don't fall apart like MH. Have you seen these photos? I found them on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevraforever/7417709454/in/set-7215763...

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service