Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hey guys! I'm sure a bunch of us have heard of the new bratz line, 'Bratzillaz'. And they are obviously a knock-off of monster high. But I was to here your opinions~

When I first heard of the bratz line, I 100% disagreed with it. I hated the fact that stupid bratz were trying to copy monster high. Then when I saw the prototype picture, I considered stealing their clothes for monster high (or my future customs). Other than that, I don't feel like supporting them, for stealing monster high's ideas.

So today, I was in toysrus looking for Monster High when I saw these cute little dolls, and they turned out to be.. Bratzillaz! They are MUCH MUCH MUCH cuter in real life. I was very very tempted to buy one (it would've been Jade). I mean I know these are 'copies' but they are pretty good. I can't stop staring at them (on flickr!),

So what are your guys' thoughts? Has anybody else 'caved in' and bought them? Has anybody else turned them down because they are copies? Or am I the only one who thinks they are pretty cute?

Views: 4194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the same thing when I saw them at the store! The little crests on their capes remind me of Harry Potter. So do their stylized brooms. Meygana reminds me of Hermione with her big, red hair and Gryffindor crest. She was my favorite. I like the glass eyes, but they're not something I'm going to collect like I do Monster High. Sashabella and Jade didn't thrill me, but if I ever see Cloetta and Yasmina they might.

Triumvirate: Wun, Tou, & Thrii said:

I wouldn't call them MH knock-offs so much as perhaps they were inspired by MH? They kind of strike me as MH meets Harry Potter actually. The Jade and Chloe we honestly didn't like so much, but we liked the Meghan and Yasmin variations. I liked the Sasha but my kids didn't. I probably won't get them just because so much of our toy budget goes to Monster High, but they're cute.

I like the concept of both dolls in general but I think MH is much cuter and better done overall. Some of the Bratz clothes are cute, though. (Heartbreakerz Cloe, for example)

Bratz hasn't really ever set well with me appearance-wise since it debuted so I guess that's why I'm turned away from them but I'd have no problem buying a Bratz fashion pack for one of my MH dolls.

Dey cute!

I actually have the exact same problem! XD
For Monster high, I started off with Frankie and Cleo/Deuce. I told myself these were the ONLY dolls I would buy ever (because I wasn't a huge doll collector back then). The next day, I bought myself Draculaura and Clawdeen because they looked way cuter in person. And then DOTD came out and I just NEEDED frankie and clawdeen. And then I just needed Cleo to finish the collection, then gloom beach game and I bought three of them. Then realized I needed the other two, and yeah. That's how my addiction started!

So If I buy Jade, I might hafta buy Yasmina or Sasha (Because of those eyes!!)

Victoria Niccals said:

IMO, Bratzillaz are an interesting rival to MH. The only problem is that they're, well, MGA, which means terrible quality and the fact that the dolls look nothing like their artwork. Also, their name is really stupid, like theshyfox said, and the names of the characters are pretty bad too. 

However, the dolls aren't ugly at all. I actually like the one with lilac hair, I believe she's called Yasmina Clairvoya? But I don't think I could ever get her. It may be a little childish of me to say, but if I got Yasmina, I would want to buy another Bratzilla to keep her company- and then that would spiral to the point of me buying the whole set. 

That's what happened with me and MH. I bought Cleo and Deuce, and then I wanted a girl to keep Cleo company, so I got Lagoona. Then I got Ghoulia so as to try and make her lips better (I did! :D) and a Clawdeen because she was very pretty in person. And then I decided to get Draculaura and Frankie so as to have a whole set. And then GB Jackson. And then Abbey. And then Spectra. And then.... And that's the way it has been to this day XD

That's disappointing. :/
*had lots of plans to mess with her with and without mask*

Fokkusu said:

Jade and Yasmina are my favorites. But if you buy Jade and want to keep her eye mask, don't remove it. Another collector did that and the mask stretched out so much that it no longer fit properly.

Reno Kun said:

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going crazy about Jade. And I just love the glass eyes.
And yeah, Im a 'teenage collector' and it's I don't plan on changing them, just displaying. So yeah, I'll be fine. XD

Lol.:) I had that plan too.

Reno Kun said:

That's disappointing. :/
*had lots of plans to mess with her with and without mask*

Fokkusu said:

Jade and Yasmina are my favorites. But if you buy Jade and want to keep her eye mask, don't remove it. Another collector did that and the mask stretched out so much that it no longer fit properly.

Reno Kun said:

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going crazy about Jade. And I just love the glass eyes.
And yeah, Im a 'teenage collector' and it's I don't plan on changing them, just displaying. So yeah, I'll be fine. XD

I've always liked Bratz and think the Bratzilla's look fairly cool. I don't think they are knock-offs of MH.  They are witches, how is that a knock off?  There were Bratz witches before the Bratzilla line came out.  Nearly every doll line has some witches.

I plan on getting them. I think they're quite cute. I wouldn't call them rip-offs... I call rip-offs cheap look-a-likes I could find at a cheap price. I agree with Triumvirate: Wun, Tou, & Thrii.

Myself, I think they look kinda cute, but would have to see them in person before making the final call.

I really like three of these dolls, the one with purple hair, the one with red hair and the one with pink and blonde hair with the mismatched eyes. I'm not sure if I would buy them. I would need to see them in person and let that, the cost and what everybody's said about the terrible quality weigh against each other for me to make a decision. I don't feel like they're MH knockoffs but yes, perhaps an offshoot based on their popularity. I think it's cute how they're all witches, which Monster High has none of so far except for the witch CAM. I do think the name Bratzillaz is odd for a line of witches, although maybe they tried adding the words Bratz and witches together and realized it didn't sound very nice? lol

Brat-witches! Its like the new hamburger!

(I totally got what you were saying, but I got distracted by thinking of Brat-witches. Its almost lunch time =X)

Disco Voodoo Dolly said:

I do think the name Bratzillaz is odd for a line of witches, although maybe they tried adding the words Bratz and witches together and realized it didn't sound very nice? lol

They're okay.

They seem to suffer from the same poor QC that most Bratz suffer from nowadays (Seriously, you think MH is bad? Check these bad girls out.) and like I said somewhere else, glass eyes creep me out. But the designs are alright (They actually have a headless doll).

Tough I'm still dissapointed there's not ONE Kaiju-inspired one.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service