Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hello,

Well, it's 2019 now! Which Monster High dolls are you finding / are arriving at your door?

So far, I've received the following MH dolls:

* Astranova & her Flotation Station

* I Love Shoes Draculaura (Online, they specifically said that they delivered the doll into the hands of someone who lives here. LOL! In some ways, I don't know weather to be amused or afraid because of the detailed way that they described the delivery.)

* 13 Wishes Frankie

I'm still waitin' on....

* The Lagoona & Cleo Scaris 2-pack

* Headless Headmistress Bloodgood

* Freak du Chic Frankie

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

I guess that they told me that the Draculaura doll was delivered to someone from the house so that if Aunt Tillie withheld the doll from me, I would know that, and I could then start an epic catfight with her....for the doll! LOL!

I can't stop thinking about a very bad, but amusing potential reality show now: "UPS Deliveries Run Amok" ("Next week, watch as an extremely drunken relative withholds a gamer's sound-cancelling earphones for a day, and the recipient finally figures it out. Also, a secret is revealed about what Cherrie Smith really ordered in that little orange box, and how her fiancé reacts. Tune in at 8 for a bombastic episode of....UPS Deliveries Run Amok.")

Sorry....I couldn't help myself....LOL!

Goodbye,

Nice dolls! Scaris Cleo is gorgeous. She is one of my favourite Cleos. She is also beautifully GLUE FREE!

I don't want to depress you about I love shoes Draculaura but... Mine is still in her original box. I can see she is leaking glue so badly so I never had the courage to unbox her. I could put her clothes on Roadster Draculaura. I have a spare one. I dressed her in catty 13 Wishes dress and she looks so great in that outfit that I am not sure I want to dress her with something else.

Let me know if your I heart shoes Drac is OK.

Hello, Tula,

Thanks.  You're lucky to have two Roadster Draculauras. I don't yet have a MH doll that has that 1960s flip hairstyle look, but I'd love to get Die-ner Operetta someday.   :)

I'll check Draculaura sometime this week. I was shocked by how good her eyes looked when I took her from the shipping box, and I thought, "Oh, what the heck! A MH Elf on the Shelf could maybe have fangs!" LOL!

Whatever I do, though, I am going to de-box her, because when glue runs down the back of a doll's neck, their clothing becomes ruined, and I just can't stomach the idea of that particular Draculaura outfit being ruined; it's too quality-looking, and too....classic to be sacrificed to The Great Glue Menace from....Mattel! LOL!

I had a major bit of bad luck with Astranova, though, and I turned a tiny "hole in the toe of the stocking" into a "run in the stocking....that went all of the way up the hip!"

That is to say that absolutely nowhere in the instruction sheet is it mentioned that you can't move, or remove any portion of Astranova's helmet, so this ghoul right here....um....cleverly decides to remove Astranova's helmet, losing her brain for a moment, and not considering the fact that maybe the doll's magnet wouldn't work through just the vinyl of the doll's mere head, and....SNAP! The microphone side of the helmet breaks off, and it's in my hand!  : O  : O  : O  

Well, a hole is exposed on the side of Astranova's head, but I can only see the battery compartment through it, so I figure, "That looks kind of like an ear, or whatever, so let's just try the same move on the other side, and at least she'll look even on both sides!", as I'm not too keen on the toy's gimmick, anyway.

Well, one "SNAP" later, and, on the other side, there's suddenly a blank space that exposes more territory, territory which I wasn't prepared to expose, and which looks really, really bad and weird when exposed (The other side of the helmet broke off too high up to expose just the "ear" this time)! In other words, a brand new toy is now broken, and unevenly broken, at that, and she looks really, really bad....and pathetic.

So....I decide to make the best of a really bad situation....by removing the freakin' helmet completely! Well, I pull and pull at the helmet, and, eventually, not only does the helmet come off, but I am able to get the battery compartment out, so that I can see the empty cavern that is Astranova's head!

Everything looks interesting, but dust is just gonna gather around that neck knob if I don't do something for poor Astranova. I grab Invisi Billy's hat, and I loosen a few stitches, so that I can fit it over Astranova's botched head, in order to keep her away from the criticisms of the MH-haters in my family.  

I begin to fantasize about filling her head with a plastic brain....or maybe just with large cotton balls....so that she'll have a cool new look. I even think about using glue....and the top of one of the CAM heads, but then the word "glue" makes me feel uneasy, and I go back to the cotton ball idea. Besides, that helmet was really, really, really making her head feel eerily heavy in my hands, as though its strength wasn't gonna hold out long enough for the next arrival of a comet, or anything else.

Needless to say, Astra is currently having an interstellar time in the hat that Billy gave up out of the goodness of his heart. I just don't know if Billy will two-time Scarah Screams when he sees how clawsome Astra looks in that hat! LOL! 

Goodbye,

Hello,

Oh. I forgot to say that the other reasons that I wanted to remove the helmet were because I wanted more access to her hair, and because I figured that her hair had been rooted much further up underneath her helmet

Goodbye,

OH! The Astranova situation sounds interesting! I am sure you will sort her out. I only saw Astranova in shops boxed with her playset. I have never seen her out of box.

I have 2 Roadster Draculauras because I found the first one in a car boot sale wearing Clawdeen Ghouls alive dress. It was an absolute fashion disaster. Luckily, I also found Catty Noir's dress. The dress was perfect on Drac. Later, in another car boot sale, I found another Roadster Draculaura but unplayed with this time and with her original outfit and her glasses. So cute, I had to take her home. She is glue free so I don't mind to have 2!

I hope that Astranova is still having a great interstellar time in her new hat! I wonder what Scarah will think of all this...

Hello,

That sounds like really good luck, Tula, with regard to not only the Roadster Draculauras, but with regard to the clothing, too. Ghoul's Alive! Clawdeen's dress is really pretty!

Well, the Headless Headmistress and the Freak du Chic Frankie arrived on, I think, the day before yesterday, and then, yesterday, the Scaris 2-pack arrived.

I love Freak du Chic Frankie's face so much that, after a glue issue is taken care of, she's going to become a hybrid ghoul around here!   :)

Bloodgood has a major glue issue, too, but she looks pretty cool. She does have one other weird flaw (One of her eyelashes extends all of the way up toward her eyebrow), but I may actually either leave it, or try to replicate it on the other side, 'cause it looks interesting!

Now, the Scaris 2-pack is another story entirely! I am so disappointed that I could almost cry! I mean, here I am, excited beyond belief about Scaris Cleo, just knowing that even if she's wonky, she'll have these lovely, red lips that are actually a more interesting shade of red than can be found on a lot of Cleo dolls!

So....the box arrives, and it's well-sealed, and all of that, but when I open it to look at the Mattel box, it almost looks like it's been through a foreign war! I mean, every ounce of the box is so blasted wavy that I'm freaking the heck out, anticipating clear signs of water damage! Across the entire front of the plastic window, there's visible residue from something....and scratches, and there are paint smudges on the inside of the window, too, but everything that's inside of the box looks as though it's fine, so....

I open the box, and there don't seem to be any signs of water damage (all dry-looking), although the wavy shape of every piece of cardboard and paper in that box seems to tell me otherwise. I take everything out carefully, I sort everything between Lagoona and Cleo, and I set aside any and all pieces that I'm not interested in keeping.

Then, I get the dolls under some better light, and I take a closer look at them. Cleo's eyes are slightly wonky, but they don't look super bad, and, besides, I am even more happy than I would usually be, because, when I squeezed both dolls' heads earlier, I could literally hear the clear rush of pure air escaping from those glue-free heads

Then, I meet the moment that makes me feel like an idiot for not immediately packing the Mattel box right back up again....and returning the entire blasted thing to the place from whence it came, because....

I realize that both Lagoona and Cleo are missing significant amounts of lip paint!  : O  : O  : O  Hadn't I learned my lesson before, when Clawdia arrived behind a paint-smudged window? Apparently not, and all because I had still thought that these two dolls were lookin' good after I had made a note of the paint-smudged window that they were standing behind.

There's a significant amount of paint missing from Lagoona's upper lip, and even though Cleo's lips retain their outline, there is a section of paint missing just below the upper outline, and there seems to be some paint missing from her lower lip, too! Son of a bear, am I furious, after having spent Christmas money on this item! This was supposed to be a special purchase, and now, it's turned into a sad situation. I'm just thanking the doll gods that this wasn't a gift for someone else, because, if it were, I'd be so embarrassed that I'd return it, rather than risking the complete ruination of someone's special day.

Am I really, really gonna have to now spend money to ship these two off to someone who can fix their lips or give them completely new, fancy faceups?

I am going to go back and review my purchase, because I am quite certain that the dolls weren't listed as being in only so-so in-box condition. I need to learn to start asking about window smudges, but, then again, I may have ordered this doll set directly from the online site....

Back to Square 1 for me....but I'll figure something out, because Lagoona and Cleo deserve better

Goodbye,

Hello,

The seller did say that the box was scratched and worn, but that still doesn't explain why it looked super bad, and why nobody noticed the obvious paint smudges on the inside of the box!

Goodbye,

Oh! I am so disappointed for you. I know how annoying it is when dolls have smudge lips. I have a few with this problem. I tend to leave it like this. I tried to fix it and made it worse on one doll. One of my Ghoulia has this problem. I noticed it when I bought her from a boot sale. She was only 50 pence and the smudge is not too bad. I could not leave her there for that price.

I have found Bloodgood in a car boot sale a few years ago, she is leaking glue...badly! I will have to deal with it but I left her like that since I bought her a few years ago.

Why don't you buy dolls second hand from Ebay instead of new? I bought Scaris Cleo and Lagoona second hand from ebay years ago. They are in great condition hardly played with. The great thing is you can zoom on the doll's face and see any paint or bad wonk defect. Also it is cheaper, and there is less risk of disappointment because you zoom on the doll you will actually receive. I have bought a lot of my dolls second hand and I am happier that way. All my Moxie Teenz, most of my PMC2 and tons of my MH are second hand. They are in all in fantastic condition.

I hope you will sort out this smudge paint issue.

Hello, Tula,

I do have a PayPal account, but I've never used it, and I don't receive regular income with which to supplement it, either.

When I last used the BIN feature on eBay, someone else used their account, and that was the time when the seller wasn't even sure if they had the doll....after I'd already bought it from them.

I could always try going the eBay route, but I don't know....I'm remembering a few really, really bad auctions. Once, a long time ago (very early 2000s), there was this Giant Genie doll....and the seller was honest about him, without telling me that they had taped the cello back....all of the way around....from the inside, so that I wouldn't be able to see that the box was falling to bits around the doll! I've made stupid judgement calls, too, when dealing with eBay, and I've received really faded dolls in return.

I know that I'm going to sound negative, but I have this bad feeling that doll-searching can turn out wrong no matter how you choose to proceed with it. I guess that, in the end, it's about how careful you are, how much money you're willing to spend, and how much of a risk you're willing to take.

With regard to re-painting lips, etc., I'd rather hire a well-established doll artist to do so later, at least for dolls that I care a lot about.

Goodbye,

I am sorry to hear that. I never had big problems with Ebay. I paid a bit more than I should have on a few dolls especially at the beginning if my Monster High collecting. Now I am so careful with auctions that I loose a lot of them! LOL

You don't need to have money in your Paypal account to buy things. They take the money directly from your account.

Yes, there is always a risk when buying something we don't actually see. This is why it is better to not spend very much.

Hello,

I'm sorry if this message might not be underneath yours, Tula, but I think that something might be wonky, with regard to the site (?), 'cause, as I'm sitting here typing this message, there's no "Reply" option underneath your reply....only the word "Message".

So, anyway....

I am beginning to agree with you, although, for me, temptation and...."Doll Lust" (the extreme desire for a new doll....LOL!) tend to dog me constantly, no matter what, so that I still sometimes end up spending too much money. Of course, my one rule is to never go into debt over new dolls!

Speaking of new dolls....

I just ordered Cleolei online, and I'm praying to The Doll Gods that that's the actual doll that is sent to me!  Fingers crossed!

Goodbye,

I really can't see why they would not send you the right doll. This never happened to me but I buy them all second hand from Ebay. I have never bought a new doll on line. In the worst case you can return the doll.

Cleolei is gorgeous. She has a great hair colour and she is a true Egyptian cat. I have 2. I bought a nude one from a car boot sale a few years ago (with her tail!). I redressed her in Cleo lab partner dress that I also bought in a car boot sale. lol  Well, I can't leave them behind when they cost pennies. And I love Cleolei. You will love her I am sure.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service