Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/10-fashion-trends-hope-disappear-201...

4. Monster High
Promoted as a line of dolls to help kids embrace their inner "freaks" and "imperfections," Monster High has become wildly popular for Mattel. Yet the ultra-skimpy clothes, heavy makeup, and teeny-tiny body proportions of the dolls aren't the fashion icons I'd want for my 6-year-old - especially because of the Monster High-inspired clothing and costumes that have resulted. These dolls aren't likely to go away by 2012, but can parents stop letting their little girls emulate the sexualized style? At least Barbie wears jeans.

This was posted as in 'Fashion Trends that need to go away" What do you guys think? This was on Yahoo's homepage.

Views: 1192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL! Yes, thanks.  I edited my original post immediately after I posted.

P-girl said:

There ARE dolls with pants Actual pants.

Wave 1 Ghoulia

Wave 1 Cleo, if you count bodysuits

Wave 2 Cleo

Wave 2 Clawdeen

Wave 2 Frankie

Operetta

Toralei

Sweet 1600 Clawdeen

And that's just from the top of my head.

Monster Brat said:

These people can think and say whatever the want.  Granted - I wish that they would release clothing other than mini skirts and short shorts for the dolls (Hello! capris or jeans??), I have absolutely no intention of emulating the fashion myself - or letting my daughter do it.  I also wish they'd make the clothing sets more readily available and affordable than what they have.  I don't want to have to buy a whole new doll just for the outfit.... and, yes, Toys R US? Hi... I don't think I ever paid $15 for a single Barbie outfit.... nor do I intend to for a MH outfit.

It doesn't matter anyway as long as Mattel makes the expected amount of money off these dolls they won't go away look at bratz those four dolls made billions and not even a huge argument that went to court with Mattel stopped them

I don't think kids will dress up as monster high and they do not wear sexy clothes, some of the dolls you just can see their necks, heads and hands!  Mattel just make them a little ok sexy clothes in first wave, people can see that in gloom beach just Cleo is using a triquini the others are all using bathingsuits, in dead tired they wear complete and  pijamas! And They all wear high heel shoes because their feet just can wear that type of shoes.

And they are not humans, they are monsters soo they need to be unique and diferent of human clothes. Mattel wanted to do unique dolls that would have lots of succes, if they wear just t-shirsts and pants and sneakers who would buy dolls like that?

And about sexy clothes lots of teenagers wear it! It's a normal thing of teenagers. Monster high isn't just for kids, hello teenagers count too.

um....when i was nine, my friends and i were wildly obsessed with bratz dolls (sadly, before MH came out) and never once do i recall picking up a miniskirt wearing doll and thinking OOOOhh she's so sexy!!! i want to go out in a belly shirt and heels!!! no. little girls do not think that way. i just thought the dolls were pretty. unless their parents teach the kids about "sexiness", "sluts", and other..things, i highly doubt a little girl is going to waant to emulate that.

This this this!!! I agree 100%! Most little girls won't think about that kind of thing unless it's already been taught to them (i.e. Toddlers and Tiaras). It would never cross their mind (because what little girl would be thinking about dressing like that) because they would be too busy dressing the dolls up and playing pretend.

LavenderLagoona13 said:

um....when i was nine, my friends and i were wildly obsessed with bratz dolls (sadly, before MH came out) and never once do i recall picking up a miniskirt wearing doll and thinking OOOOhh she's so sexy!!! i want to go out in a belly shirt and heels!!! no. little girls do not think that way. i just thought the dolls were pretty. unless their parents teach the kids about "sexiness", "sluts", and other..things, i highly doubt a little girl is going to waant to emulate that.

Perhaps it's the overprotective mothers? I mean, when I was young I LOVED Barbie. Like the person said above, I just thought she was preety. I never wanted to DRESS like her or to be as SKINNY as her, no. I just loved the doll and playing pretend with her. :)

As an artist, the dolls are stylized. Just like how Tim Burton's characters in Corpse Bride and Nightmare Before Christmas, his characters have like, a -2 waist line. lol Monster High characters are the same, it's an artistic style of art, drawing and sculpted dolls. There is nothing wrong with the dolls. <3

But seriously, I do agree with the whole Angry Birds fad and feather extension fads that need to go. I'm 21, and how an Iphone app and some bird feathers became such a fashion icon, dear God I'll never know. XD

Some parents like to blame everyone but themselves.

Ok heres my truth:

Barbie is a horrible doll, ever since i was little i saw she was too perfect, she was a hoochie, i never played with a barbie, or any other doll because of this reason, bratz made me hate dolls even more. Then in 2010 my mom bought me the cleo and deuce gift set, i thought they would be like barbie, bratz, moxie girls/teenz & any other doll i ever seen. But once i got to know who the dolls were, got to see there personalitys, i knew these dolls were diffrent, my mom was a bit uneasy because of there body types and clothing but i never copied these dolls and i never want to because the i know there dolls but i guess the person that made this report is very bias

Sexualized style???? Clawdeen is a werewolf SHE IS WILD!!!!! Any way it is stupid they are Teenagers get over it!

True and im a boy!

Silver said:

Ok heres my truth:

Barbie is a horrible doll, ever since i was little i saw she was too perfect, she was a hoochie, i never played with a barbie, or any other doll because of this reason, bratz made me hate dolls even more. Then in 2010 my mom bought me the cleo and deuce gift set, i thought they would be like barbie, bratz, moxie girls/teenz & any other doll i ever seen. But once i got to know who the dolls were, got to see there personalitys, i knew these dolls were diffrent, my mom was a bit uneasy because of there body types and clothing but i never copied these dolls and i never want to because the i know there dolls but i guess the person that made this report is very bias

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service