Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

For the good of people creating OCs and want them to be original, I've whipped up these; Monster Files! Just a list of monsters I've read about and never seen used as monster parents. It says WIP because I only have a couple of monsters. But honestly, I have an entire list of vampire types that can be used. Just feel free to ask if you need any of it.

Note: If these monster parents have been used, please inform me so I can remove them from the list.

Aretina’s Monster files (IE monsters that I have never seen used as monster parents for the Monster High fandom)

Areion- The swift-footed (rumoured to be able to run as fast as light) horse sired by Demeter and Poseidon or Gaia herself.

Black-eyed people- who look like normal humans but have black, soulless eyes. Often described as emitting dread and depression, with a hypnotic voice. Usually teenagers, with olive toned skin (not always) and ‘trendy’ clothes (sometimes described with popular clothes from past eras as well)

Cockatrice- a flying part-rooster/part-snake that could kill with its stare

Cynocephali- a group of war-like dog-headed beings, usually male, with no ability to speak but full ability to understand dialect.

Drakon Kholikos, or the dragon of Colchis- the dragon that guarded the Golden Fleece, it never slept

Hekatonkhieres- The three brothers of the Kyklopes and the Titans. Each had 100 hands and fifty heads, and they and the Kyklopes were locked in Tartaros by their father, Ouranos. Their names were Briareos, Kottos, and Gyes.

Kampe- The she-dragon that Kronos appointed to guard the Hekatonkhieres and the Kyklopes in Tartaros. 

Khalkotauroi, or bulls of Colchis- two life-size automatons forged by Hephaestos. They’re forged out of bronze and breathe fire. (I would like to include that if automatons even count; Talos, a giant automaton created by Hephaestos, guarded Crete from invaders and would chuck rocks at on-coming ships)

Ladon- the 100-headed dragon, child of Echidna and Typhon, which guards the golden apples of Hera in the garden of the Hesperides. Was killed by Herakles. (Well…lots of Greek monsters were…)

Leyak- Wicked humans who have practiced dark magic and have a cannibalistic nature (often depicted as a middle-aged wife). Upon nightfall, they detach their head and eternal organs from their body to prey on new mothers and infants. Often shown haunting graveyards.

Man-eating mares of Diomedes, self-explanatory

Mara- Nightmare demon with long, matted hair often depicted as dwarves that sits on its victim's chest.

Myling- The ghosts of children left to die in the wilderness. They make such a ruckus to recieve a proper burial. (Provided by Maddy Hightopp & Chessa Shire)

Nemean Lion- Offspring of Echidna and Typhon, this creature was an enormous lion and a pelt that could not be punctured by any weapon. This creature was killed by Herakles by strangling it.

Nocnitsa- Polish nightmare demon with its head upside down on its body. Specializes in terrifying children along with her Pesanta dog, who sits on the sleeper’s chest to restrict their breath.

Orthros- the two-headed dog of Geryon, the three-bodied giant (Geryon himself is an option)

Sea-goat- half-goat/half-fish water entities

Wraith- an evil spirit that is trapped on earth

And then Valkyrie drowned Edward. The End. :D

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few of these I found by searching up monsters and then doing some more research, actually. The Black-eyed people and the cockatrice for example.

Wraith seems to be a particular favorite :D

ShadowDancer said:

Cool, I'm always looking for always cool monster parent that nobodys used before. I don't know mutch about monsters, and Wikipedia, (The best recource I can find for looking random stuff up) only works if you know what your looking for. (witch I don't) :)

P.S. I'm gonna look up Wraiths now. :)

Hm. I tried it and you're right. http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/list-of-mythical-creatures.html is where I found some of the monsters, including a wraith.

Never look up those things (Black-eyed people) when it's past 11 PM and you have paranoia XD the pictures I saw scared me. Which, I believe, is the point.

ShadowDancer said:

They sound cool, but Google doesn't seem to want to find them. He-he they're a lot of other cool monsters out there, (and right here) I'm gonna look up some others now that I'm thinking about it. I'm itching to make a new OC. The Black-Eyed-People-things sound cool now that you mention it.

Belle (Aretina) said:

A few of these I found by searching up monsters and then doing some more research, actually. The Black-eyed people and the cockatrice for example.

Wraith seems to be a particular favorite :D

ShadowDancer said:

Cool, I'm always looking for always cool monster parent that nobodys used before. I don't know mutch about monsters, and Wikipedia, (The best recource I can find for looking random stuff up) only works if you know what your looking for. (witch I don't) :)

P.S. I'm gonna look up Wraiths now. :)

Some really good sites that I have used in the past for research etc. are:

http://www.theoi.com/   -  A good site for all things Greek; it mentions the gods and demigods as well as lesser creatures and monsters

http://www.lizaphoenix.com/encyclopedia/   - Gives a nice size index of monsters etc. from different cultures.  Some of the names have links and some don't; most of the ones that don't have a link you can google or wikipedia

Either of these would be helpful for anyone searching for a monster parent for their OC.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service