Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Project #1
DT Draculaura to Desdemona DeVil daughter of the Devil.  See picture #5 for updated face-up... I decided I wasn't happy with the first try - so I cleaned all the paint off and tried again.
The hair is a little (a lot) thick, I guess I over-rooted for my first attempt - oops!

Project #2 - From DT Ghoulia

Project #3 - From a DT Cleo 
Her hair is rooted with Raven Black and Midnight Blue Saran and real peacock herls (feathers).

Project#4 - from a Werecat Twin

Views: 5879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice job translating the drawing over to the doll! It looks really great! :D

I think she looks awesome so far!

nice and look exactly alike

She looks awesome! I can't wait to see her when see's done.

What did you use for the skin color? And how did you apply it?
Btw, she's cute. 

Plum blossom said:
What did you use for the skin color? And how did you apply it?

Thanks everyone!  I'm quite excited about her!
Plum blossom - for the skin colour on the face I used red acrylic paint.  I applied it in thin layers using a good white make-up wedge sponge (possibly latex - not sure - these: http://dannyco.com/search.aspx?srch=make-up I get them from the professional beauty supply, but you could find something similar at Sally Beauty, Walmart, or even a lower quality at a dollar store).  After I painted the eyes and lips, I sealed it with Testors Dullcote and then coated the eyes, lips, and beauty mark with Mod Podge gloss

It looks awesome! The color looks so even and lovely, I'm impressed!

Really nice work!  The skin color is beautiful.

Lookin' good so far, Witchy! Nice job on painting the eyes in true Monster High style :)

I agree! I don't know why, but I always like the customs with eyes that look more monster high than the ones where they try to make them look more real.

Rianko said:

Lookin' good so far, Witchy! Nice job on painting the eyes in true Monster High style :)

AWESOME!!!!!

I just ripped a pair of red wings off a thrift store dragon thinking they would be awesome for a custom.The character I thought of in my head looked very similar!

I agree with Kiki about the eyes...

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service