Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Frankie is avail every other day.
Toralei was last online 8/28, what's going on?

Views: 2776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yay! That's awesome, Catrine! The Wonderwolf and Spectras are fiinnnaaally starting to disappear from shelves here, so hopefully I'll see her in store soon!

I grew tired of going to Target every 2 days...lol...Toralei was the one I waited the most.  When Target changed the sale online to buy 1 get 1 30% off, I knew something was up.

Cee said:

Yay! That's awesome, Catrine! The Wonderwolf and Spectras are fiinnnaaally starting to disappear from shelves here, so hopefully I'll see her in store soon!

Oh yeah, I've stopped making special trips there. I do go about once a week, so I just check when I'm already there. Too much disappointment!

Catrine is now hard to find... till couple of week ago they were plentiful and now after the rearrangement for new toys they are mostly gone.

Cee said:

I never understood how to use that how do you?

Monster Hot said:

GoodDollHunting,
If you have the Target DPCI #, next time in Target, enter in the price check kiosk?,thingy, it will tell what they MAY have in the back.

Vampy,

Some of the Targets have removed the scanners that allow you to input the DPCI numbers but for those that have them, I believe you just search using the DPCI number instead of scanning the barcode. All of the Power Ghouls share the same DPCI number so if there are PG dolls on the shelves, scanning the barcode will also tell you if they have stock in the back. An FYI though... The Targets in my area that have the "new" scanners do not show you if there is any stock in the back. It just gives you the price and that's it.

Hope this helps!

Ashley

VampyNapy said:

I never understood how to use that how do you?

Monster Hot said:

GoodDollHunting,
If you have the Target DPCI #, next time in Target, enter in the price check kiosk?,thingy, it will tell what they MAY have in the back.

I finally found her today-- a really nice employee went in the back to try to find her.....he said he went through two cases that didn't have her (so, I'd assume they were Clawdeen/Spectra assortments) before finding  Toralei in the third case, and she was the only one in that case.....

M

Triumvirate said:

One Target employee I spoke to said that they recieved a case with one Toralei and the rest Frankie in it. 

To be honest, whatever the case is about this Toralei issue, whether it's scalpers, or demand, or whatever, I have never understood why they did the PG line this way. I don't understand why the separated the line like this and no offense to Frankie/Voltageous fans, but I couldn't understand why Frankie was included at all. Every line has a main ghoul in it and in this case that could have been Clawdeen. They could have done a case of Clawdeen, Spectra, and Toralei and that's it. Done deal. Or have it be Frankie, Spectra, and Toralei or Frankie, Clawdeen, and Toralei. Whatever. I frankly don't care, but I just don't like how they did this.

And don't even get me started on Wydowna as an SDCC exclusive for a line sold exclusively at Target. Why? Power Ghouls was the most difficult line to collect of all of the 2013 lines. PG Clawdeen and Spectra debuted at a SDCC last year, now Sweet Screams Frankie Draculaura debuted at SDCC. Does that mean that next fall we'll be having to wade through shelves full of unwanted Sweet Screams Frankies and Draculauras hoping to find whatever other two characters will be in wave 2 of Sweet Screams? 

purple_monkfish said:

It HAS to be demand because they're suppposedly packaged 50/50 Frankie and Toralei. Yet I see Frankie everywhere.

I got lucky and got my Toralei from Argos, but that was when they restocked and had 6 PG dolls in stock. 4 were Frankie... 1 was Toralei.. the other was probably Spectra or Clawdeen, I don't know. I had to argue with them to get them to grab the other ones though, they initially only brought out ONE Frankie and insisted they only had Frankies which I found hard to believe when I knew they had 6 in stock (Argos for those not in the UK is a catalogue store, they hold stock out the back and you have to "customer view" things from their catalogue if you want a particular one.)

So either she really is short packed, or she's that much in demand. Given the prices people are reselling her for, i'm assuming the latter. People are buying up all the Toralei's they can find and selling them.

I hope Mattel clue up to this quick and release just toralei boxes or something.

The Toraleis are DEFINITELY not shipping one to one with Frankies on a routine basis.  It's one per case, based on reports of all the Target staff I've spoken with at three stores. Maybe that's a regional thing, or something.  Either way, they are simply not getting enough to market.  Typical MH unnecessary, artificially-created scarcity. 

Even if this were an issue of demand with a one-to-one casing ratio, that would be a mistake on Mattel's and Target's part. Toralei is a notoriously under represented character, and this presents an opportunity to get her into the hands of her jonesing fans.  Another missed opportunity.

I was told by a Target Employee that there's been a distribution issue with people making the dolls in the foriegn countries who make the dolls-- specially with the boys-- that they remove the worthy dolls from the boxes and replace them with other dolls so the boxes with ONE toralei and six frankies would make sense. 

He said they are trying to take steps to remedy the issue.

I have also gone to all my local Justice stores looking for Holt, and one store says a little girl comes in, buys them all and tells them she sells them on ebay! They thought it was adorable, I told them off and explained its not cute and she isn't an "entrepreneur" she's a scalper and they shouldn't allow her to do that. I've talked to the DM's at all stores and urged them to bring it up and make it a company policy or at least try to patrol and extend the dolls for the customers who actually want to collect the dolls, not make money.

I picked up Toralei and Frankie today at my Target, they had plenty of each. 

ALl of that is set up by Mattel, not the factory workers... I can't imagine a Target employee would have access to that sort of info.  MY gues is that they "heard" that somewhere, like from another customer, or are telling folks that.   Mattel set sup all of the distribution of characters in their assortments, and they are usually very concise.  Remember there was only one or two Skelitas in that first Scaris assortment, and no Jinafire... then, Jinafire was filtered in.     Way back when Rochelle and Robecca and Jackson were brought into the line, it was Jackson and Rochelle, and then the next wave had no Jackson, but Robeecca was added, and then Venus was added to the next wave....

It's all planned out way in advance by Mattel. :)

M

Pompadorable said:

I was told by a Target Employee that there's been a distribution issue with people making the dolls in the foriegn countries who make the dolls-- specially with the boys-- that they remove the worthy dolls from the boxes and replace them with other dolls so the boxes with ONE toralei and six frankies would make sense. 

He said they are trying to take steps to remedy the issue.

I have also gone to all my local Justice stores looking for Holt, and one store says a little girl comes in, buys them all and tells them she sells them on ebay! They thought it was adorable, I told them off and explained its not cute and she isn't an "entrepreneur" she's a scalper and they shouldn't allow her to do that. I've talked to the DM's at all stores and urged them to bring it up and make it a company policy or at least try to patrol and extend the dolls for the customers who actually want to collect the dolls, not make money.

I got my Toralei tonight. I don't know why but my local Target was stocking their shelves during their business day and not overnight, which is something I rarely see. Watched the Target Employee open the box and it's contents? 5 Frankie 1 Toralei. I was just happy to nab her. But her box count is off, at least for my local Target and what they received in that box. I wish my hunt for this doll was over but I have 3 nieces who all want her. I hope she is easier to find the closer to Christmas we get. I am also finding Heath/Abbey everywhere now. No sign of Scarah though...

Ashley

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service