Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I thought it might be fun to discuss which dolls you think will be gone from store shelves soon? I'm new to collecting MH, so I haven't experienced what exactly happens when dolls are discontinued and become only a memory of seeing them in stores. What I have experienced though, is the disappointment of not being able to find older dolls that I dream of finding in stores. I'm sure they were once everywhere, just like the current dolls.

Even though I have bought over 50 dolls in the past couple months, there are still a whole lot of current dolls that I don't have yet. I'm thinking I need to focus on getting the ones that are at the end of their time on the shelves, before its too late to find them in stores. So which dolls should we grab before its too late?

Views: 368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Dot Dead Gorgeous is being phased out to make way for Ghoul's Night Out. At some point I'm sure Scaris will be phased out too for 13 Wishes, but I wouldn't worry about that one too soon.

monster-collector.tumblr.com

I was thinking Ghoul's Rule and Sweet 1600 are being phased out....they are becoming slimmer and slimmer in pickings....my Toys R Us doesn't even carry them anymore....

Dot Dead Gorgeous will definitely be gone off shelves soon. So will Rollermaze, even though Clawdeen and Abbey just started shipping, those two don't seem like a wide release. I've only seen them at one store since they came out. Everywhere else is all out of Rollermaze.

If you're still seeing them Ghouls Rule, Sweet 1600, Skull Shores, DT2 and Scary Tales will be gone any minute now. If you want any of those, get them now!

Me bet scaris duece goes before anything else does lol.

Great topic and I feel safe to say that Ghouls Alive will be around FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, at the top of my list of who to get next before its too late is Sweet 1600 Draculaura and Ghouls Rule Clawdeen. I have all the other Ghouls Rule dolls except Clawdeen and Abbey. I know Abbey is a Wal-Mart exclusive, but every Wal-Mart I go to is stacked full of GR Abbey and the Dot Dead 3 packs. Do you think both of these will be around for a while since there are so many of them? I really like the Dot Dead 3 pack dolls, but thought I had plenty of time to get them later since there are so many on the shelves. So far, I only have Operetta of the Dot Dead series.

As for Sweet 1600, I currently only have Frankie and Cupid, and I'll get Draculaura ASAP. Clawdeen just looks so plain compared to the others. I wonder if I'll regret passing on 1600 Clawdeen? And I've never even seen a 1600 Clawd, so I won't have the complete 1600 collection anyway.

The Scarily Ever After and Roller Maze dolls are awesome, and I'm so glad that I was able to get all of them before it was too late.

Well, I do know a lot of stuff starts getting replaced for sure with new merch during store resets. If I remember correctly, this happens twice a year, around New Years and during the summer (I think August, but don't quote me on that). If you're going for the hardest to get first, go for the boys. Mattel seems to be fixing their shortage of them, but one can't be sure. All I have to say is think Deuce, Jackson, Holt, Clawd, and Gil - ALL of them are/were super hard to find and go for crazy prices on the second-hand market.

The Sweet 1600 Clawd was pulled from production early and no one knows why. However, I believe it's been confirmed that the Sweet 1600 dolls are to be the Walmart Black Friday dolls this year. While it'd be a limited supply, they'd be around $10 each (going by the past few year's prices).

KraftyKitsune said:

If you're going for the hardest to get first, go for the boys. Mattel seems to be fixing their shortage of them, but one can't be sure. All I have to say is think Deuce, Jackson, Holt, Clawd, and Gil - ALL of them are/were super hard to find and go for crazy prices on the second-hand market.

The only boy I've ever seen in stores is Scaris Deuce, and I got him. I've searched for Basic Jackson, since he came out at the same time as Venus, Rochelle, and Rebecca who are all still available, but no Jackson.

The Sweet 1600 Clawd was pulled from production early and no one knows why. However, I believe it's been confirmed that the Sweet 1600 dolls are to be the Walmart Black Friday dolls this year. While it'd be a limited supply, they'd be around $10 each (going by the past few year's prices).

Very interesting. I didn't know that 1600 would be this years Black Friday deal. Wish I had been collecting MH at Thanksgiving when the Classroom dolls were $10. I didn't start collecting until January this year. I found a leftover Classroom Frankie with no locker at one Wal-Mart and grabbed her (so cute), but had to pay $20 for her. The price went up after Black Friday.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service