Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I figured doll housing probably qualifies.  

So, how do you display your dolls?  Do you make furniture for them?  Customize stuff meant for other dolls? Hunt down tiny props in second hand stores and gift shops? Do they have an actual doll house, or just a space on the shelf?  Have any pictures you want to share?

I keep my dolls on my shelves under the TV, the furniture is cobbled together from a whole bunch of places, mostly second hand, and a lot of it isn't really meant for dolls, in fact it's mostly interestingly shaped jewellery boxes. Although I pulled out some of my barbie stuff when I got Draculaura, and I've been planning on painting it black. 

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, lets see.

I used duct tape, tacky glue, a cereal box, pencils, extra cardboard, scrap fabric/ribbon, and lots of acrylic paint. I even used the tacky glue on the fabric because I suck at sewing, LOL

Julia Loves Ducks said:

I love the bed! How did you make it?
bridgechan said:

I made my first ever piece of doll furniture shortly after getting a few of my dolls. It's an old styled wooden bed with posts and bedding.

Great job on that bed

ditto GaGa4Monsters.  I also love the paper towel beds :p

I love the Gothic texture and simplicity of it! My mom made one from a large whitmans candy box (we are both adult collectors) and its a very nice big canopy style I like the smaller style of this

bridgechan said:

Well, lets see.

I used duct tape, tacky glue, a cereal box, pencils, extra cardboard, scrap fabric/ribbon, and lots of acrylic paint. I even used the tacky glue on the fabric because I suck at sewing, LOL

Julia Loves Ducks said:

I love the bed! How did you make it?
bridgechan said:

I made my first ever piece of doll furniture shortly after getting a few of my dolls. It's an old styled wooden bed with posts and bedding.

*boomp*  have to resurrect my fav thread...it's almost been a year!

Toralei and Ghoulia are on the way and the PG's & the SDCC collection will be complete, and I will take a better pic or video
Attachments:

My dolls inhabit three shelves on a homemade entertainment center. I'm in a motelroom size living place up here in the Rockies so there is little room for much of anything.  Since I couldn't see everyone just lined up on these shelves I decided they need chairs and a coffee table like in a dorm dayroom.  I got pretty good at making chairs from kitchen recyclables and fabric from the thrift store in town. I've been making little bits like tiny books and whatnot for them to use.  I wish I had enough room to get things like Cleo's vanity and such.

The EAH girls are sitting on the end of my desk. If there gets to be more of them I will have to find some larger area for them to hang out, don't want them to have to hang out in the bathroom though.  ;*}

C

I would like to make a dollhouse for them. I am starting to make it. I'm making the furniture and maybe buying little stuff for it. All with the help of my two sisters and mother of course!! But right now they're waiting for their house to be finished and staying in their boxes. And this is a wonderful discussion!!

I saw your picture and I love it!!

not a cat said:

(Picture during my beach trip) They live in paper towel beds during trips. :D

I love seeing others collections. Mine are all standing or sitting on two big wall shelves.

Here:

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service