Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I'm not making this as a rant just so we're clear. Some people have said they called Mattel and asked for release dates of Abbey, Spectra, and Clawd dolls. These dates are from Late April-June 5th. I believe the late April is correct because we have been seeing all these prototypes (I think):

I mean come on we have two of the three new characters for Wave 3 so Abbey's bound to pop up on here any day now. When do you think the Wave 3 dolls will come out Late April, June 1st, or June 5th?

Views: 1327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The dates are very close, so I think it's safe to assume that they will start shipping around the end of April, and could begin showing up in stores anytime between late April and early June. They certainly wouldn't all show up in every store in America that sells Monster High on exactly the same date would they? So, depending on where you live would determine when they show up in your stores I'd imagine.

If the span of dates was like the end of March to the end of June, I'd be more bothered and apt to question the rumors, but the fact that people are consistently saying between late April and the first week in June makes it seem more valid to me.

Mattel is well known to give out just about any response to people who call. People have readily admitted to calling just Customer Relations which will give any answer that'll please the caller. I wouldn't believe it until a legitimate source clarifies a release day. However, Late April thru June does sound like a reasonable time.

The Triumvirate said:

The dates are very close, so I think it's safe to assume that they will start shipping around the end of April, and could begin showing up in stores anytime between late April and early June. They certainly wouldn't all show up in every store in America that sells Monster High on exactly the same date would they? So, depending on where you live would determine when they show up in your stores I'd imagine.

If the span of dates was like the end of March to the end of June, I'd be more bothered and apt to question the rumors, but the fact that people are consistently saying between late April and the first week in June makes it seem more valid to me.

I  don't know any more than anyone else, but I have to say, if we're seeing pictures, this stuff is immanent.  I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting more pictures within a matter of weeks.  I will be real surprised if I don't own these by the end of July.

What really surprises me is that we're getting these pictures before we get pictures of the DOTD dolls (Lagoona, Ghoulia, Deuce) you can preorder on Entertainment Earth.  And they had an expected arrival of this month.

You speak as though Mattel is releasing these which they aren't. They've been trying their best to remove them. We've been looking up the watermark on the photo and are getting some shady leads. There have been similar scams on eBay of Abbey and Spectra before. The only image they've officially released up to now is what is presumed to be a Draculaura School outfit.

xMadxScientistx said:

I  don't know any more than anyone else, but I have to say, if we're seeing pictures, this stuff is immanent.  I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting more pictures within a matter of weeks.  I will be real surprised if I don't own these by the end of July.

What really surprises me is that we're getting these pictures before we get pictures of the DOTD dolls (Lagoona, Ghoulia, Deuce) you can preorder on Entertainment Earth.  And they had an expected arrival of this month.

I've thought about that too. I don't know what to think about that.

xMadxScientistx said:

I've been collecting dolls long enough now that I know not every release is going to come with a lot of pomp and circumstance.  Liv dolls are like this.  Somebody will take a picture of a doll in a store or one will show up on an auction site in China, and then a couple of weeks later they'll be on the shelves.  Doll collecting doesn't come with as many "official releases" as you would think.  Mattel is not Tonner, they're almost never invested in giving collectors previews.  They think most of the people buying these are 7 years old or so, so why should they make a big deal out of it?  If anything, they're trying to keep people from looking too hard as a result of previous distribution problems.  They're not trying to sneak things into the stores, but they'd rather we not look too hard until they're ready this time.

Tegan Cummins said:
You speak as though Mattel is releasing these which they aren't. They've been trying their best to remove them. We've been looking up the watermark on the photo and are getting some shady leads. There have been similar scams on eBay of Abbey and Spectra before. The only image they've officially released up to now is what is presumed to be a Draculaura School outfit.

xMadxScientistx said:

I never said they were sneaking things into stores. That's what other people think. Whether or not it's due to a leak, the Spectra doll pretty much confirms these aren't completed dolls. Even if Mattel were to file the trademark for Von Hauntington today, it would still take some time before the lawyers okay it for sale. That and her box looks unfinished (lacking double layers and her background looks like someone took scissors to it). All I'm saying is that they are prototypes if anything. They still need some work, I can tell that from looking. I do think we'll be seeing something official soon, but these are not it.

xMadxScientistx said:

I've been collecting dolls long enough now that I know not every release is going to come with a lot of pomp and circumstance.  Liv dolls are like this.  Somebody will take a picture of a doll in a store or one will show up on an auction site in China, and then a couple of weeks later they'll be on the shelves.  Doll collecting doesn't come with as many "official releases" as you would think.  Mattel is not Tonner, they're almost never invested in giving collectors previews.  They think most of the people buying these are 7 years old or so, so why should they make a big deal out of it?  If anything, they're trying to keep people from looking too hard as a result of previous distribution problems.  They're not trying to sneak things into the stores, but they'd rather we not look too hard until they're ready this time.

Tegan Cummins said:

xMadxScientistx said:

Do you happen to have a picture of her outfit or do you have a link to it?

Tegan Cummins said:

xMadxScientistx said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Stu Carter.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service