Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A couple of weeks ago I won a basic ghoulia off ebay, from UK
paid her £80 (like one hundred euros, but I was fine with it, i always found pricier ones)

the seller advertised her using the picture on the left - first issued english box - which was PERFECT for me because i managed to find the first wave in old italian boxes, and i was planning on getting Ghoulia and Holt first issue also (because i love the rainbow-themed boxes that you get if put the seven of them together)

this is what i got today (right picture)
new issue french/german box
i'm still happy, i got a basic doll i needed, but this screws up my plans, and i'm also a in-box collector so i'm slightly pissed

i really wanted the old box one, it's edgier, i love it more
why the seller don't take actual pictures of what they're selling???

people told me i can open a dispute for a partial refund for incorrect picture but i'm not the kind of guy who likes to start a fight :(

i'm just a little bummed that's all
i was so happy when i won the auction i thought i was getting something i LOVED and now i got something I need but only "like"

sorry if this topic sounds spoiled
but as a collector i found even the slighties mark on the box important, i hope you get it

Views: 747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no of course it didn't
go up some messages in this thread, i posted the original listing
the description was very poor indeed

Operetta Fan said:

I would contact the seller and say the item isn't what was advertised. There were 2 releases of the doll with different boxes, and you were after the original boxed version. Collectors are allowed to be particular - it's what we do, And as someone who's selling it for such a high price, they should know that there's a chance they're going to have an issue if they aren't shipping the identical item. My one question is - did the auction mention that the doll wasn't exactly as pictured, etc?

thanks for all the infos btw guys

collecting should just be fun

money and some sellers just make it harder :(

...Well obliviously a bunch of people have not had an issue with him. Even if he bidded on his own stuff, that matters nothing. It's called building the hype and is a common practice with many companies including Walmart and the like. As I said I got all my MF, 13 Wishes and 2 packs from him and had zero complaints with the transactions. Especially since these in Canada are double the price then the US counterparts. So anything around US prices are fine with me.

Cleo.786 said:

This dude is well known In the uk his eBay prices are expensive perhaps he's cheaper in his shop . I wouldn't be surprised if he's giving out free dolls to young fb hosts so they let him stay on their sites ! He Obviously not making enough money in the uk so he infiltrates non uk MH fb sites to get trade . I would not buy from him or bwie ! There's another eBay seller I'm watching she's expensive to but doesn't seem to do auctions . I've got my eye on her anyway !

Actually, if you bid on your own stuff, eBay does have a problem with that.  It's called bid shilling, and it's strictly prohibited.

SunStrker said:

...Well obliviously a bunch of people have not had an issue with him. Even if he bidded on his own stuff, that matters nothing. It's called building the hype and is a common practice with many companies including Walmart and the like. As I said I got all my MF, 13 Wishes and 2 packs from him and had zero complaints with the transactions. Especially since these in Canada are double the price then the US counterparts. So anything around US prices are fine with me.

Cleo.786 said:

This dude is well known In the uk his eBay prices are expensive perhaps he's cheaper in his shop . I wouldn't be surprised if he's giving out free dolls to young fb hosts so they let him stay on their sites ! He Obviously not making enough money in the uk so he infiltrates non uk MH fb sites to get trade . I would not buy from him or bwie ! There's another eBay seller I'm watching she's expensive to but doesn't seem to do auctions . I've got my eye on her anyway !

When you are older, you will learn that what a company says and does are two different things.

Calebtobey just watched bwie auction for another Ghoulia and again 7***g bid to get the price up and also again with clawd 1600 ! Also seen your feedback your too nice ! I would defo trade with u lol

thanks
i couldn't leave her a bad feedback since she wouldn't leave mine first and i was afraid she would leave me a negative one
but i was honest when giving the anonymous star rate, zero for item description.

Cleo.786 said:

Calebtobey just watched bwie auction for another Ghoulia and again 7***g bid to get the price up and also again with clawd 1600 ! Also seen your feedback your too nice ! I would defo trade with u lol

This has nothing to do with someones age so don't throw that in there as if everyone on this thread is some 15 year old whose using their parents ebay account.

If the user is bidding on their own auctions - ebay will get involved. It is not allowed on their company site.

SunStrker said:

When you are older, you will learn that what a company says and does are two different things.

Kelsey you are totally correct shill bidding is totally illegal . eBay will only act if people report the seller .
I think sellers can no longer leave negitive feedback for buyers to prevent buyers from leaving "false" positive feedback. Double check on the policy. The seller shouldn't be using a stock photo that doesn't match the product.

didn't know that
i felt a bit threatned by the tone in her messages

Petalene said:

I think sellers can no longer leave negitive feedback for buyers to prevent buyers from leaving "false" positive feedback. Double check on the policy. The seller shouldn't be using a stock photo that doesn't match the product.
Have you reported her ? As you could ask eBay for partial refund and also she did shill bid on the item . Contact eBay and point out the other feedback regarding it being imports . Good luck x

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Stu Carter.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service