Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

what do you guys think about this couple??

Views: 638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hate it.  But honestly, why am I not surprised?  At least it's not Frankie.  And hey, perhaps it will get him a couple of more dolls, and Spectra more focus for those that like her. 

I knew it!
This is total bs honestly.
Can we have one male,JUST ONE MALE,that won't get paired with a ghoul.
Dammit Mattel.

Ok, I'm mad, I sort of expected it but I was wishing this wouldn't happen. Mattel shattered my dream of SpectraxBilly back then... T^T  and they made me tired of random couples now ...

...but wait, I read some extracts of Porter's diary and he seemed to start "noticing" Kiyomi...

... or probably he'll be like Andy in Skull shores, just a love interest for the sake of a movie  -___-

I'm with you. I've been dreaming of SpectraxBilly ever since I heard he was being created. Then they slapped him up with Scarah. BOOO. On my shelf, I pair them together because I think they are a cuter couple. Not to mention that in the Monster High books, (The young adult ones, not the young reader ones) that they were actually a couple after Frankie fell for that Brett guy and broke Billy's heart.

I love them! It seems like a very relatable coupling! I don't understand why people are upset about a guy being attached to a ghoul. Its high school, and the entire basis of teen fiction is around dating! Its either that or social drama and I would rather have romance. Plus people always complain that Clawdeen never has a love interest. But the guys having one is an issue.

I'm SO glad it's not bloody Frankie, seriously. That girl has ALL the boys, does she like bathe in pheramones every morning or something?

It really does her character no favours having her flit from guy to guy, if anything, it's actually pretty unpleasant. Girls with like 3 guys on the go at once would not be called "popular" when I went to school let me tell you, the word used would be far more unsavoury.

It was made uncomfortable by that whole Picnic casket for 2 set really implying this pairing of Jackson/Frankie, and then only a month or so later "ha, no, this guy now!"

But without ever actually resolving the Jackson situation. Had they just had some scene saying they'd decided to still be friends despite the "probably a date" then it wouldn't feel so icky but it does sort of feel like she's leading on several guys at once and that's supposed to be a good role model for kids? Hmmm.

Anyway, so i'm relieved it's not Frankie again. Her reputation really couldn't handle yet another guy to hang off her arm.

I don't mind this Porter/Spectra thing. I actually kinda expected it after the last Haunted image had every character except these two in it (I theorised as a joke they'd wandered off to make out in a closet ahem) and this just makes me believe that more hahah.

It might allow Spectra a little more development as a character, because honestly, she's been a pretty hollow husk in the webisodes and specials previously. If giving her a romance arc means she gets some screen time to get character development and fleshing out, i'm all for it.

YES it's stupid and annoying all boys need to be paired off and I think it sends a bad message to young girls about boy's roles in their peer group (they exist ONLY as boyfriends, I think that's unhealthy to male/female interaction)

I'm also relieved it's not Clawdeen he's paired with. I like her single, I think it's a positive and good thing to have a girl who's not really interested in dating and would rather do her own thing. I feel like pairing her off would kinda undermine that fierce independent girl who don't need no man to be complete thing.

Their colours are pretty together <_< Green and purple hahah, they'll look nice on the shelf alongside one another.

But yeah um.. mostly i'm cool with this if it means we get some personality for Spectra. Though it does mean enduring her horrendous way of speaking for long periods. I HATE her voice in the webisodes, hate it. She sounds like she's putting on a fake sweet voice and coddling everyone and it grates.

I hope Porter gets some personality beyond "crushing on Spectra" though. Neighthan really got very little development in ff (none of hte hybrids did really) and all that screentime was shoved into a really rather sloppily written and not relevant at all romance arc. I hope that won't happen here, I mean the plot of Haunted seems like it's a bit more straight forward than FF so perhaps they'll have more time to flesh things out and have a decent narrative pace. FF suffered from too many plot threads at once and FCA suffered from not enough plot for the runtime and omg we spent too much time mucking about quick, end game! the pacing was atrocious. I hope Haunted is more like GR, which actually had decent pacing for the story it wanted to tell. You know, a beginning, a middle and an end all given their time and space. And characters given a chance to actually well... do stuff.

the cast isn't as massive this time by the looks, so fingers crossed they've learned their lesson about shoving too much into one movie.

You should listen to Spectra's voice in the anime version. I think it's perfect!

purple_monkfish said:

.
.
.

But yeah um.. mostly i'm cool with this if it means we get some personality for Spectra. Though it does mean enduring her horrendous way of speaking for long periods. I HATE her voice in the webisodes, hate it. She sounds like she's putting on a fake sweet voice and coddling everyone and it grates.

I always thought Clawdeen was praised for not having a love interest. I love her that way tbh. It's relatable, the thing I don't like it's that some people think she is lesbian (no offense to them), but a girl that doesn't have a boyfriend isn't necesarily homosexual, if anything, she could be asexual idk...

Bubbly Potato said:

I love them! It seems like a very relatable coupling! I don't understand why people are upset about a guy being attached to a ghoul. Its high school, and the entire basis of teen fiction is around dating! Its either that or social drama and I would rather have romance. Plus people always complain that Clawdeen never has a love interest. But the guys having one is an issue.

agreed

purple_monkfish said:

I'm SO glad it's not bloody Frankie, seriously. That girl has ALL the boys, does she like bathe in pheramones every morning or something?

It really does her character no favours having her flit from guy to guy, if anything, it's actually pretty unpleasant. Girls with like 3 guys on the go at once would not be called "popular" when I went to school let me tell you, the word used would be far more unsavoury.

It was made uncomfortable by that whole Picnic casket for 2 set really implying this pairing of Jackson/Frankie, and then only a month or so later "ha, no, this guy now!"

But without ever actually resolving the Jackson situation. Had they just had some scene saying they'd decided to still be friends despite the "probably a date" then it wouldn't feel so icky but it does sort of feel like she's leading on several guys at once and that's supposed to be a good role model for kids? Hmmm.

Anyway, so i'm relieved it's not Frankie again. Her reputation really couldn't handle yet another guy to hang off her arm.

I don't mind this Porter/Spectra thing. I actually kinda expected it after the last Haunted image had every character except these two in it (I theorised as a joke they'd wandered off to make out in a closet ahem) and this just makes me believe that more hahah.

It might allow Spectra a little more development as a character, because honestly, she's been a pretty hollow husk in the webisodes and specials previously. If giving her a romance arc means she gets some screen time to get character development and fleshing out, i'm all for it.

YES it's stupid and annoying all boys need to be paired off and I think it sends a bad message to young girls about boy's roles in their peer group (they exist ONLY as boyfriends, I think that's unhealthy to male/female interaction)

I'm also relieved it's not Clawdeen he's paired with. I like her single, I think it's a positive and good thing to have a girl who's not really interested in dating and would rather do her own thing. I feel like pairing her off would kinda undermine that fierce independent girl who don't need no man to be complete thing.

Their colours are pretty together <_< Green and purple hahah, they'll look nice on the shelf alongside one another.

But yeah um.. mostly i'm cool with this if it means we get some personality for Spectra. Though it does mean enduring her horrendous way of speaking for long periods. I HATE her voice in the webisodes, hate it. She sounds like she's putting on a fake sweet voice and coddling everyone and it grates.

I hope Porter gets some personality beyond "crushing on Spectra" though. Neighthan really got very little development in ff (none of hte hybrids did really) and all that screentime was shoved into a really rather sloppily written and not relevant at all romance arc. I hope that won't happen here, I mean the plot of Haunted seems like it's a bit more straight forward than FF so perhaps they'll have more time to flesh things out and have a decent narrative pace. FF suffered from too many plot threads at once and FCA suffered from not enough plot for the runtime and omg we spent too much time mucking about quick, end game! the pacing was atrocious. I hope Haunted is more like GR, which actually had decent pacing for the story it wanted to tell. You know, a beginning, a middle and an end all given their time and space. And characters given a chance to actually well... do stuff.

the cast isn't as massive this time by the looks, so fingers crossed they've learned their lesson about shoving too much into one movie.

I agree that I would be cool with the pairing more for the sake of seeing more of Spectras personality. I think they would make a good couple though, Spectras sort of mischevious and so is Porter but not in a mean spirited sort of way.

Thank goodness! Otherwise, she'd have to change her name to Alison DiLaurentis, lol!
 

Abbinormal said:

 Spectras sort of mischevious but not in a mean spirited sort of way.

I was really beginning to think it would be Porter and Clawdeen.  Then when this came out I was shocked!  Oh well. I have my own headcannon.

C

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service