Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

my mom found meowlody and purrsephone this morning at toysrus,we are on the east coast.she was there as the case was being opened.she's a dedicated grandma and is always on the hunt for the new monster high dolls my 3 daughters are in search of!!

Views: 15201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe one had to be torn up and used as a litterbox?

Michelle Meowlody said:

I think it's pretty lame for the sisters to have to share a diary!

I'm in Canada and the new international versions of the diaries suck, basically we get one page for each language, no date entries or anything. When we first got MH, the wave 1's were in two languages: English and French so the content was good, thankfully I'm not a diary nut but the stand thing really irks me...

Thanks for the reports and pics, the box is working for these two! Interesting that Mattel is cheaping out with this exclusive. I wonder how that will translate to other exclusives (and non-exclusives) moving forward. Now everyone can pick up this two-pack for nearly the same price as a Sweet 1600 Clawdeen from TRU...Anyway, I just hope these turn out to be as easy to find as the Fear Squad pack has been, rather than Cupid's nightmare distribution and scalping.

I'm going to have such trouble finding these! :( can feel it in me bones! Closest toys r us is an hour away and i live in the uk and they have no dolls in stock at all on their website. The no stands thing is really sucky!

I think i have this whole lacking stand thing figured out...Im starting to think this is the point where the initial effort that was put in the earlier dolls is fading. much like barbie, disney princess, etc. I mean we've all seen the laziness thats slowly creeping up. lack of stand, quality check is lacking, details are becoming a bit more simple, reusing shoe molds, boxes becoming simple and plain.....I may be thinking too much  into it, but i dont know :S

Maybe it's ok that I only ordered one doll. I have one extra stand because my SO Cleo is sitting in her chair, but that leaves one without a stand. I could use the stand the Clawdeen wearing Abbey's fashion pack is using since she can stand on her own. Hmmmm. . .

I do wonder when my pre-order will ship though. The status on it still says it's on hold. 

I just use black kaiser stands for my loose collection, they're simpler, nicer imo, less noticeable, more uniform and don't cause any wear and tear to the clothing over time. This isn't a big issue for me, but it is annoying considering the precedent and the fact that these things cannot stand by themselves. I feel for the OCD Monster High collectors today!

Rei Rei said:

what?!?! no stands?!!? but how collectionist are supposed to display them!??!?! >./p>

I broke down and fished the diary out of the box. There are 8 pages, not including the cover, and Meowlody writes in black and Purrsephone writes in blue.

Michelle, thank-you so much for the update! Can you please transcribe or scan the diary when you get them home and open them up? You know we're all dying to read it. <3

Edit: HA, I just saw that you broke down and fished it out. I don't think I would have been able to resist, either. Any chance of a transcript or summary? :3

Michelle Meowlody said:

I just picked up the pair from TRU in Tallahassee, FL. I haven't opened the box yet, but I brought them back to work so I can stare at them all day. There are no brushes or stands. How disappointing! And the quality is not that great. There were 4 to choose from at the store, and 1 Meowlody had a crack at her knee. All boxes had imperfections, at the legs and in the face. The one I got had a small white scuffs on both dolls' legs. I think I'm going to retain my pre-order just in case!

It could simply be a method for cutting costs for exclusives. Exclusives are normally items with less expensive production and tooling costs anyhow (or they are on the boys aisle).

Jason said:

I think i have this whole lacking stand thing figured out...Im starting to think this is the point where the initial effort that was put in the earlier dolls is fading. much like barbie, disney princess, etc. I mean we've all seen the laziness thats slowly creeping up. lack of stand, quality check is lacking, details are becoming a bit more simple, reusing shoe molds, boxes becoming simple and plain.....I may be thinking too much  into it, but i dont know :S

What size Kaiser stands do you use? Their waists are so small I worry about buying for 12 in dolls

Billy Bathory-Van Helsing said:

I just use black kaiser stands for my loose collection, they're simpler, nicer imo, less noticeable, more uniform and don't cause any wear and tear to the clothing over time. This isn't a big issue for me, but it is annoying considering the precedent and the fact that these things cannot stand by themselves. I feel for the OCD Monster High collectors today!

Rei Rei said:

what?!?! no stands?!!? but how collectionist are supposed to display them!??!?! >./p>

Yes but why would they want to cut costs for exclusives (apart from the obvious)? Target, TRU and Wal-Mart pay through the teeth to get exclusives don't they? Or did you mean to keep costs down for the consumer?
Billy Bathory-Van Helsing said:

It could simply be a method for cutting costs for exclusives. Exclusives are normally items with less expensive production and tooling costs anyhow (or they are on the boys aisle).

Jason said:

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service