Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Went to SDCC today .. in the door before 9:30am .. in the Mattel queue and then got told SCARAH was sold out. Imagine my shock to find out that there were only around 100 on hand .. for the FIRST day of CC?

There will be some for Friday. I only had a Thursday ticket :(

 

Views: 501

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That stinks.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can ask someone who has access all four days to help you?

I think this was  Mattels fault and I've decided I'm not going to bother trying to get her now.

Sonnet said:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can ask someone who has access all four days to help you?

That's lame! Sorry to hear that happened to you. :(

They should have had more of her in stock, or had more of a "per person" limit on Scarah.

Another member here at CC had a problem with her doll and when she went back Friday, they were sold out already, I wonder if they truly sold out or if they are holding some to sell on Matty Collector... 

I have a feeling that's what it is. Since a lot of people aren't able to go to SDCC, it would make sense to keep some so they can sell on MattyCollector.

Charlize's Mom said:

Another member here at CC had a problem with her doll and when she went back Friday, they were sold out already, I wonder if they truly sold out or if they are holding some to sell on Matty Collector... 

The more I keep hearing things like this, the more worry and concern I get about Scarah being in Matty Collector. Last year they didn't have the problem or selling out quickly. :/ By the way, Does anybody know how many were made? Wasn't last years Ghoulia at a limit of 2000 made. I hope that they made it much more. MH started growing really big within the 1 year gap.

That's annoying! I just bought her on ebay. Out of interest does anyone know how much she was if you bought her at the convention? I think I paid $65 + shipping, man its $$$ being a doll collector lol.

She is 25 at con. However no one is being able to purchase her for that price anymore.  The inside exhibitors(who are buying the dolls) are selling her for 90-100$, so for $65 i think you got a good deal.   Frankie from two years ago is going for over 300$, and Ghoulia around 150$.

noddyfry said:

That's annoying! I just bought her on ebay. Out of interest does anyone know how much she was if you bought her at the convention? I think I paid $65 + shipping, man its $$$ being a doll collector lol.

Thanks Lily! I missed out on Frankie, no way I'll buy her now at that price but managed to get Ghoulia for $80 + shipping not long after the last con. For once, I don't want to take her out of her box lol.

I reckon the person who sold me Scarah must have got her for $25 because they had ten to sell.

It was nuts trying to grab a Scarah at the con. I saw bags after bags FULL of Scarah being carried off at a time (obviously for re-sale.... I mean, come on... let's put a limit on that mattel) from the register. I managed to get myself one, but I had to pay $60. They sold out so fast that even people who had been waiting to get in line since 4am walked away with nothing (same thing happened with Derpy MLP exclusive). The price hurt a little bit, but considering I never waited in line I can forgive myself, lol. Anyway, if you're a die-hard collector... I hate to say it, but her price is only going up up up. Grab her while shes flooded on ebay and hope you get a low bid. Sorry all. :(

Also, Mattel didn't even have a ticket system like Hasbro. I think that would have helped... not solved the problem, but perhaps quelled a bit of the madness. XD

I prepaid an acquaintance to pick up Scarah at the SDCC for my daughter and nieces.  I'm worried we will have our money refunded.  I emailed Mattel asking if the dolls will be available at Matty Mattel after the SDCC and this was their reply:

 

"In Reference to Case Number:

We do apology for the delay in getting back to you!  We're so glad
you contacted us about your interest in the exclusive Monster High Scarah
Screams doll for the San Diego Comic Con.  At this time, this will be an
exclusive item and will only be available there.

Check our website often
to see the new and exciting products that are coming out at
www.monsterhigh.com.

Thanks,.
Mattel Consumer Relations
Team"

 

I also emailed Matty and their response was:

 

"Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to
assist you with this product inquiry at the online store".

 

I'm beginning to get worried too...

 
Bryan said:

The more I keep hearing things like this, the more worry and concern I get about Scarah being in Matty Collector. Last year they didn't have the problem or selling out quickly. :/ By the way, Does anybody know how many were made? Wasn't last years Ghoulia at a limit of 2000 made. I hope that they made it much more. MH started growing really big within the 1 year gap.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service