Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Like a lot of y'all, I go to Walmart and Target religiously. 

My husband and I are night owls thanks to his job in the medical field, so we go out late a lot to get groceries at Walmart.

We were walking down the "pink isle" as he calls it ( I am an avid MLP and MH collector, it's a frequent visit xD ) and he spotted two boxes that were MH dolls.

We asked if we could have them opened; usually, this is never a problem with the MLP merch. The lady stuttered a second before saying, "Umm..well I was going to ta-...no I can't. Sorry"

Her male coworker turned around and said, "What the hell do you mean? It's 2:30 AM and we aren't busy, just open it for them." Then she glared at him, and opened it. They were all Frankie and Draculaura 1600 so I wasn't interested.

We walked away, and I decided I may as well customize one. After we got groceries, I came back and they were all gone. That was the -only- set of boxe that were gone, all the other MH merch was put up. Seriously?!

Price gougers and hoarders make me mad, but when you WORK in the store you're seriously rude to take it all.

It makes me want to buy every one I see and resell them at cost to everyone here and locally who actually WANT one. 

( Also, in Target some guy in a suit on his cell phone shoved me out of the way, snatched all of the CAM packs and told someone he was going to make a load on this "ebay run." :l )

Views: 997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by tammy demoranville7 hours ago

It is against Walmart policy to keep any items on hold in the back or anywhere in the store for that matter for yourself .It is called understocking and if they catch you they will fire you. Next time report them to a manger

Seconding this here... understocking is a very big no-no for Wal-Mart employees. They are required to put all merchandise on the shelf that they can, and aren't allowed, by company policy, to keep items for themselves. Now, when they're off the clock, they can go and round up the items they want, as long as they are stocked on the salesfloor, to purchase, but if they're moving items around the store to prevent customers from getting them, well... their management team would be more than happy to "discuss" the issue with them. And as Witchy-brat said in the previous post regarding her employer, Wal-Mart does not allow their associates to resell their items for a profit, at the detriment of their customers. The Wal-Mart discount is only 10% off shelf price (not allowed on clearance pricing), which basically covers your taxes, but the problem that is caused by employees understocking and reselling products is very much frowned upon and is grounds for immediate termination. If you encounter something like that, get a look at the associate's namebadge (Wal-Mart employees are required to wear them) and report it to a manager. 

Luckily, the Wal-Mart I have gotten all the goodies at doesn't have employees like this in regards to MH. They probably do have some skeevy ones, but they haven't been an issue for me yet. I always go to mine late at night as that's when they're doing their stock and typically are done with MH section by the time I get there. Regular customers are one thing, but employees at the store who do this is even worse imo.

I've been collecting action figures for a long time, so I know that the allure of the hot toy, especially in a down economy, can bring out the complete @*****e in quite a few people. However, most of the hoarders tend to get burned in the end, because only exclusive and/or truly rare dolls are the that hold their value; toy companies eventually catch up on stock for the standard figures and THEY get stuck with figures they can't unload even at msrp.

Also, employees like the one you described eventually get caught and fired. She wasn't exactly shy about her desire to hoard stock in front of her coworker. Next time (and there will be a next time because she's obviously greedy and stupid), she'll do it in front of a manager or a Mattel rep, and bye-bye job.

---------

A little tip that some of you may already know: Check everywhere! Just because you don't see it in the MH section where it's supposed to be doesn't mean it's not there. I've learned to always check behind boxes on the bottom shelves, and behind dolls in neighboring sections because unscrupulous employees/scalpers love to hide things from customers. My recent example:

I went to a Mid-Michigan Wal-Mart (Bay City, to be exact) Friday and saw 1 Frankie and 1 Toralei outfit on the the pegs. I started looking around, and lo and behold, behind a gazillion Make-Up packs were another Frankie and Toralei outfit, along with a Spectra and Cleo outfit. So I took the Spectra and hung the rest back on the pegs. Too bad, Scal-por!

You should complain to that store about that employee. It's definitely against Walmart policy for employees to run black market operations. If they are buying whole crates of goods at employee pricing and reselling or supplying scalpers, they are competing with their employer and--as you've noticed--creating an unpleasant shopping experience. Walmart would like to know about this, and they will not approve of it.

Fortunately, we do not have this problem. The older woman who we always see stocking toys in our Walmart came right out and told us she thinks the MH dolls are "hideous", and can't understand why her granddaughter likes them. We had a laugh about that.

Remember too that you're talking about the toy section of the store... where all day long little kids pick up stuff they want, carry it around, and then deposit it as soon as the need their hands free to play with something else. It's probably not a hoarding employee that stuffed that clawdeen behind the leapster boxes at knee level, it was more likely a 6 year old... or a parent; as a dad of two little girls, I can't even count how many times I've had to pry toys away from them when it came time to leave the store, and just stuffed them on the nearest shelf.

Erika E. G. said:

A little tip that some of you may already know: Check everywhere! Just because you don't see it in the MH section where it's supposed to be doesn't mean it's not there. I've learned to always check behind boxes on the bottom shelves, and behind dolls in neighboring sections because unscrupulous employees/scalpers love to hide things from customers.

Really, a buyer limit should be standard until the item's shipping enough to meet demand. All of my big box shopping starts in the toy aisle and I can tell you if I don't find something there, I leave the store. If I do get lucky, I take just one and continue browsing elsewhere in the store. Maybe I don't end up spending as much as the guy who buys up the whole stock but if more people approached it this way, places like Wal-Mart would see the value of enforcing buyer limits. 

As for hidden toys, I would say it depends on the item and quantity. A parent or kid's going to set aside or hide just one. If it's a newer item and multiples of it, it's probably a scalper. 

This was a huge issue I ran into over the holidays. I'm hoping the local Wal-Mart has restocked because Target did, but its mostly out already at the closest store to me. >.< I am hoping tomorrow when I head back to Target there will still be a good selection, as they had 1600 Clawd Wolf in stock and I already have Ula D. so it would be great to have them as a couple. ^w^ My other thought was to think about checking out Wal-Mart to see if they have any new stock. I don't want to have to go to the only other store nearby that has them--Fred Meyer--because its quite a distance. That and I don't want to play Claire's prices. >./p>

I've been suspecting this much was going on with store employees and now you seem have confirmed my suspicions.   Walmart and Target should have some sort of policy that prohibits their employees getting first dibs on hot items.   It's really not fair.

Claire's has Monster High?? I had no clue. And that threw me off, my name is Claire lol xD

I really do hope this winds down soon...I doubt it though, as people seem to keep paying the scalper prices. ):

They do. Please see above comments :)

Monster High Mom said:

I've been suspecting this much was going on with store employees and now you seem have confirmed my suspicions.   Walmart and Target should have some sort of policy that prohibits their employees getting first dibs on hot items.   It's really not fair.

At $25 a pop tho ha

Witchy-brat said:

They do. Please see above comments :)

Monster High Mom said:

People are ridiculous. My intention is to start buying at least triples of all the dolls and selling them online for regular retail price so that others can actually start purchasing them. A worker who is going to take the dolls to sell for her own profit, rather then put them out for the customers, should be fired.

Luckily for me I have a friend working on Toys R Us. He calls me if they get a doll I want but I would never ask him to put one back. I don't understand those who will buy them all and sell them for more than half their actual price. I also don't understand those who pay that price! It only encourages them. Saying this I know for a fact that my mother bought my Toralie off Amazon.com for $80+shipping. If I had known she was going to do that I most definitely would have stopped her. Especially since we went to TRU two days later and found 5.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service