Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hello & Happy weekend,

We've been out & about to several stores and popped into WAL MART  and found the MH shelf totally empty. They had been marking down the budget dolls and now no more in stock..in their place are new Harry Potter dolls. Tues Morning has several MH dolls at good prices..Ross has a lot of Shopkins, Barbies ..DD Discounts has a lot of MH/EAH doll and doll sets..Dollar Tree has gotten the mega blocks MH figures for 1.00 ( Dollar General has them too ) 

Today at Dollar Tree I found 2 EAH books and 1 MH book for 1.00...Great finds for my collection.

Also came home recently with 3 Beanie Boo's from Goodwill that were bagged & sold together..

Happy Shopping Hugs,

Maureen

Views: 5235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Maureen,

It is sad they are closing this store. I saw the Toys'R'Us I used to go to from the bus today. The shop is empty and there is still the Toys'R'Us sign. sad.

I went again to the car boot sale in the park I went to last Saturday. There was virtually no dolls. I have found a Stitch plushie for 10 pence!... and I have been bad, I also adopted a Beanie Boo. His name is Rodney. It is a hamster I think. I really wanted to go back to that park before it becomes cold and dark.

I think you should buy Freddie especially if she is reduced. It is a great doll. I was very impressed when I found her in the boot sale. She looks fantastic out of box.

Car boot sale again tomorrow Sunday...

Have a great day

Hugs

Dear Tula,

Happy Sun Sale day...#YouCanDoIt !!! OMG..I have Rodney beanie Boo too..Good for you & a new Stitch too..

Oh the Descendants doll I just stuck with Mal & Evie..I have 3 of the boy dolls too..Poor Freddie & Ben have been sitting in the clearance bin for months..so sad. Someone did buy the Mega Blocks Monster High sets that I was going to get..I am glad someone bought them.

Our TRU also has all its signs still on & there..a Spirit Halloween store rented the empty building..and TRU is re opening Pop up shops for Christmas this yr.

Have a wonderful Sunday & Hugs,

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Oh you have Rodney too! He is cute. I really should not adopt any plushies but it is difficult to resist in boot sales.

There were a lot of sellers in the boot sale last Sunday but I did not find much. It was a beautiful day and I am pleased with my finds. There were not many dolls and toys I liked. I saw Jane Boolittle in good condition and Gigi 13 wishes boxed. I have them both already. There were not many good dolls and some of the dolls some people were selling were moldy!

I have found my first Bratzillaz doll in great condition for only 50 pence. What a bargain! I also bought Elissabat nude with terrible black marks on her face for her hands. The marks went so I can't really take her hands now! I will redress her. I can't believe the marks went. She looked like a desperate case. I have found a MH cat's tail as well and another small Egyptian cat. That's it for Sunday.

Last week on Saturday, I have found a Happy Holiday Barbie, a Frightmare without a tail (lol), a few MH accessories and a Hairdorable.

I will try to take quick pictures this week.

On Sunday, I met the little boy I bought Edna from. He had found 3 dolls. 90's Barbie and Ken, a huge Baby doll. His Mum told me he loves to collect them and he ends up with too many so he has to part with some sometimes. She told me she was never buying dolls from shops, always from the boot sale. Sweet little boy. He was with his sister but he is the dolls collector not her! lol

Have a great day

Hugs

Dear Tula,

Happy Wonderful Wed :) How are you doing ? I hear Crazy Boris is having issues with the Brexit plans..What a surprise.NOT..

Congrats on all the goodies,..Good for you rescuing Elissabat..I am looking forward to your new photos of your new treasures..A new Bratzilla, Egyptian cat and You got to see the wonderful little Boy doll seller. You had a great weekend of toy shopping.

I found some new items ..The Dollar Tree store put its new China on display and I went there to see what they had & picked what we wanted..I also got another Halloween lantern & a stake solar light for the garden..

On Tues we went to our Library and then to a thrift store and came home with Olivia Lego set for $3.69

Then I found a rare set of salt & pepper shakers from the 1960's and from Disneyland for $4.69

Then we found "Legend" a Red Beanie Baby for $1.29

All in all a good day for thrift shopping !

Happy Wed Hugs ,

Maureen

Reply by Tula Shadowy 23 hours ago

Hi Maureen,

Oh you have Rodney too! He is cute. I really should not adopt any plushies but it is difficult to resist in boot sales.

There were a lot of sellers in the boot sale last Sunday but I did not find much. It was a beautiful day and I am pleased with my finds. There were not many dolls and toys I liked. I saw Jane Boolittle in good condition and Gigi 13 wishes boxed. I have them both already. There were not many good dolls and some of the dolls some people were selling were moldy!

I have found my first Bratzillaz doll in great condition for only 50 pence. What a bargain! I also bought Elissabat nude with terrible black marks on her face for her hands. The marks went so I can't really take her hands now! I will redress her. I can't believe the marks went. She looked like a desperate case. I have found a MH cat's tail as well and another small Egyptian cat. That's it for Sunday.

Last week on Saturday, I have found a Happy Holiday Barbie, a Frightmare without a tail (lol), a few MH accessories and a Hairdorable.

I will try to take quick pictures this week.

On Sunday, I met the little boy I bought Edna from. He had found 3 dolls. 90's Barbie and Ken, a huge Baby doll. His Mum told me he loves to collect them and he ends up with too many so he has to part with some sometimes. She told me she was never buying dolls from shops, always from the boot sale. Sweet little boy. He was with his sister but he is the dolls collector not her! lol

Have a great day

Hugs

Hi Maureen,

Yes, the bonkersness carries on! lol God knows what will happen...

Your Dollar Tree stores are the equivalent of the £1 stores in the UK. The Dollar tree store looks a lot posher!

Yes it is a great thrift haul. The Dragon is lovely. The Disneyland salt and pepper set is very nice. I would have been tempted but... There is a unconscious reason I like Bronze so much... probably...  I tend to break things easily and it makes me upset when things break.

These lanterns are very cute. You will have good fun with the lego set. I still haven't built my Megablock, bad!

Poor Elissabat was in an awful state. I tried to remove the marks with wipes at the boot sale but no way. Strangely, I used the same wipes later in the pub and she is now perfect. She also suffers from glue seepage. She is sitting with talcum powder in her hair looking puzzled! I will leave her like this for a while before removing it. Damned, this bloody glue...

Have a great day

Hugs

Dear Tula,

Happy Thurs :) I hope all is well .I heard that your PM lost a lot of his party members/support...Maybe we can finally get a new PM in who will put an end to the whole Brexit mess.

Hooray that the marks came off Elissabat..Great Job..I knew you'd like the Dragon..and Yes, the S & P set is very pretty..I see them on ebay too for 20.00 + We bought the set for 4.49 I believe..

I will have to let the folks at Our Dollar Tree know that they resemble your 1 Pound stores..They will love that they are posher..:)

Have a Fabulous Thurs & Hugs,

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

The Brexit saga exhauts me. I will see what will happen. To be honest, I think there is no hope for the UK. They are just mad!

The Pound shops are OK but your Dollar Tree store seems definitely posher, nice display etc...

I have only taken 2 pictures of my car boot sale finds. I'll take some more later.

Barbie Happy Holiday 1998. She was more expensive than what I buy normally but I think she is worth it. I find her very pretty. (£3, it is not that bad!)

Stitch and Rodney lol

That's it. I am a bit lazy with taking pictures but I uploaded a portrait of Barbie on Flickr.

Have a great day

Hugs

Dear Tula,

Happy Weekend :) I hope you are doing great & that you find a lot of treasures to give a new home too :)  I have that same Barbie..Mom gave her to me and yes, she is still in her box. Yep, your Boo looks just like mine..Awesome..

I will have to go look at Flickr again..Thanks for reminding me.

I guess we will know soon about this Brexit mess..I have heard most folks in the UK are NOT for it.

Happy weekend Hugs,

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

I hope you are well.

I went to the car boot sale on Sunday and to the Bears Show. It was a bit much but I wanted absolutely to go to both. I have found quite a few things at the boot sale. I did not take any photos at the Bears Fest. I regret a bit now.

Here are my last Sunday's finds.

First I have found the mini animator set of Moana with all the accessories for £1 (bargain!). I think it is adorable and the little pig makes my day!

I like these mini animators so much. On the other hand, I don't like the big versions at all.

All the mini animators I have found in the boot sale this season. Delighted with them.

Then I have found a Beast Plushie new still in box. It was only 50 pence.

He is a cutie!

Then... a group picture of Cassandra, another wooden mannequin, 2 lol surprise and EVIE! lol To be honest, I think this Evie is a pretty bad doll. Her outfit is a bit ugly, she lights up. I nearly left her behind... but she was so cheap. I don't regret taking her home now. She is a bit kitsch (not in the best sense lol) but I ended up liking her better. I think she looks worse in real life than on the picture (poor Evie. Sometimes I wonder about Hasbro's taste in dolls design!)

Interesting group! lol

Not bad at all! The boot sale was full. I only saw one Lady selling Monster High. She was a professional seller and they were £5 each (ouch!). I had them all anyway. No sign of EAH. I haven't seen one for ages. I am pleased I bought the ones with missing hands. I will find hands for them eventually. I have also found some shoes for reboot Bratz and Barbie.

That's it for last Sunday and for once I managed to take pictures of everything!

The D3 have been seen in the Disney Store in the UK. I haven't checked because I was rushing to the Teddy festival but I will next week.

Have a great day!

Hugs

Dear Tula,

Happy WED :) How awesome your shopping trip sounds..I have done what you did, go somewhere and not take photos then regret it later..Yay for D3 arriving..and oh my goodness..I LOVE that Evie doll..Never saw it before..Never found a Descendants doll used at any of our thrift stores..and the animator dolls are way to cute for words..I know those are highly collectible. Great Prices for your treasures too..I m so happy for you. :)

Wow on the MH seller..perhaps she will get those prices since they are no longer made..but wow..and are they in boxes or unboxed/played with ? The highest I've seen a used doll, unboxed and dressed is 4.99..if undressed and no shoes they usually go for 2.99-3,99.

I spent the weekend dealing with a insect bite on my arm as I was gardening,,NOT fun so stayed home & took allergy meds for it which make me sleepy..I did go out Fri night and we rescued this doll , Kelly from the Halloween Party line at Target in 2001..My guy found her , intact just missing the tube that went around her..there was no price so the man at the register sold it to us foe $1.99.

Happy Wed Hugss,

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

I hope you feel better with this insect bite.

Halloween party Kelly is adorable. I have never seen any of the Halloween dolls in any shops here. I know there are also Barbies in that line and they look great.

The Monster High dolls the lady was selling were out of box in great condition with their complete outfits but no doll stand. I would buy a Monster High for that price if it was one of the dolls I am looking for. There are still a few I would like to have to finish my Monster High collection. They are becoming difficult to find. The EAH are impossible to find now. I don't see any at all. I will see what I find in France. I have found First wave Toralei in France in May. Very surprising. This doll is very hard to find and I have never seen one in a boot sale before.

The Disney animators are adorable. Mine are all missing their shoes! Except Moana, she does not wear shoes. I don't mind.

Next Sunday is my last boot sale in one of the farms. I will be a bit sad! I hope it will not rain...

I am going to France at the end of the month. I will see if Monster High dolls have disappeared from the boot sales.

You make me laugh. I find this Evie a bit bad. I thought her outfit was so tacky when I first saw her. And she lights up... I like her better now but I think that I love Monster High so much I can't help thinking other dolls are not as great.

Have a good day!

Hugs

Dear Tula,

Hello & Happy Thurs..I am feeling better over that bite..the swelling has gone down & itchy factor too.

Mattel made a lot of Kelly dolls over the years..I think I have at least a thousand of them ..plus castles, carriages, clothing, toy sets, ornaments etc..They have aged the doll now..when I first started collecting Kelly was a toddler..Now she is closer to 8-10 range..they have done Valentines day, 4th of July Kelly set of 3/4 dolls only at wal mart, Thanksgiving, Halloween & Christmas dolls. 

I shall hope one day at the boot sae that the MH seller will have a doll you are seeking..Best of luck in France too..Fingers crossed no rain for this weekend which is the last sale..

I still think that Evie is amazing..I would have bought her in a heartbeat, :)

Happy Thurs Hugs,

Maureen

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service