Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

well today I went to wal-mart so as usual I go to the MH aisle. when i got there there was a boat load of dolls but my eye was on the picture day abbey the box was opened on the side but i just thought it was a boxing error so I ended up getting her but when i got home and opened her there was everything in the box except the stand but there was the holes the stand went in so I  am about to go through my bag of CAM parts and see if i have an extra stand ,also if you have had any similar incidents please comment.

Views: 674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like some jerkoff stole the stand. I'd call Mattel, see if they can send you one or failing that, go back to the store and complain.

Omg, I was actually at Target yesterday and a load of Threaderellas were opened on the side and left there. I didn't know what that was about, but their stands were probably stolen.

That's pretty terrible but I wonder what would happen if Mattel had to replace people's stolen stands when they call customer service. Like if this happens a lot, I wonder if they would think it is cheaper to just put the stands back in all the doll boxes so people don't feel compelled to steal them.

No, probably not. The dum-dums who stupidly took the stands out will likely "fix" the wrong problem, and just make the boxes that horrible "clam shell" packaging. You know, impossible to open.

sigh.

My dad works for FedEx. He said that Walmart is very strict about damaged items. They won't accept them. My guess is a worker opened it or something because they would have sent it back if the box had been already damaged. Maybe that helps. I've never seen  one but I don't pay much attention to the boxes. XD

I can't believe people are so desperate for stands that they'd steal them right out of the box. D: 

This type thing is nothing new. About 10-15 years ago I was collecting The Ultimate Soldier action figures, which were a GI Joe type figure that was available at all the stores. The situation was very similar to the MH dolls, with new issues being scalped, and some sets being exclusives or limited production. Anyway, I remember going into a TRU store and I saw a set on the shelf that looked like the box was a little beat up. It was an older issued set and as I looked at it, I realized that all the accessories had been removed and replaced with junk. There were old Barbie items and odd broken pieces of plastic in the spaces where the original parts would've been. Obviously someone had bought it, taken it home, removed all the stuff they wanted and replaced it with junk parts, then sealed up the box and returned it to the store. The store clerk apparently did not notice anything wrong and placed it back on the shelf. So, having a bit of spare time and feeling irritated at this theft, I went to the nearest store clerk and pointed this out. I told him what I thought had happened. I will never forget his response!.....he said he'd been seeing these odd sets on the shelves for some time and he thought that they were factory errors!....he said he's been buying up some of these error sets himself as an investment!......OMG! What a fool!

When you have a product like MH that is hot, the slimeballs of our society come crawling out of the woodwork and jump right on the bandwagon. The ones that have money will buy up large stocks of items they think are "rare" and scalp them at ridiculous prices, and the ones with no money will lie, cheat, and steal to get their hands on stuff. Greed is a powerful force and its disgusting to realize the level to which people will stoop to get more for themselves. Buyer beware.

That story shouldn't have made me laugh, but it did. Poor guy!

Verlow said:

This type thing is nothing new. About 10-15 years ago I was collecting The Ultimate Soldier action figures, which were a GI Joe type figure that was available at all the stores. The situation was very similar to the MH dolls, with new issues being scalped, and some sets being exclusives or limited production. Anyway, I remember going into a TRU store and I saw a set on the shelf that looked like the box was a little beat up. It was an older issued set and as I looked at it, I realized that all the accessories had been removed and replaced with junk. There were old Barbie items and odd broken pieces of plastic in the spaces where the original parts would've been. Obviously someone had bought it, taken it home, removed all the stuff they wanted and replaced it with junk parts, then sealed up the box and returned it to the store. The store clerk apparently did not notice anything wrong and placed it back on the shelf. So, having a bit of spare time and feeling irritated at this theft, I went to the nearest store clerk and pointed this out. I told him what I thought had happened. I will never forget his response!.....he said he'd been seeing these odd sets on the shelves for some time and he thought that they were factory errors!....he said he's been buying up some of these error sets himself as an investment!......OMG! What a fool!

When you have a product like MH that is hot, the slimeballs of our society come crawling out of the woodwork and jump right on the bandwagon. The ones that have money will buy up large stocks of items they think are "rare" and scalp them at ridiculous prices, and the ones with no money will lie, cheat, and steal to get their hands on stuff. Greed is a powerful force and its disgusting to realize the level to which people will stoop to get more for themselves. Buyer beware.

It's all too common. Wal-Mart will Take returns on anything whose sku/barcode is in their system, provided the item is sealed. But it's enough of a loophole that allows for people to buy a bandai Cheetara, put a 90s Toybiz figure in the package and return it.

The stand was most likely stolen.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service