Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I really would like to see many of you guys' unpopular opinions.
Here's mine:I prefer the CGI over the flash animation just because the CGI reminds me more of the dolls.

Views: 727

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't like Lorna McNessie.  I find her to be an eyesore, but everyone is gushing over her. Same with Porter, River, and Gilda.

I am also not a Frankie fan.  I think a lot of people might be starting to turn on her, but I've never liked her.  I'm not generally a fan of "faces" of anything, I tend to be more drawn to background characters.

I think people are more half/half on this, but I don't mind re-releases.  They've shown before that they will do it, such as the Original Favorites last year and Draculaura and her Coffin Bed.  

I also think the only dolls that should have a huge price tag attached to them on sites like eBay should be the SDCC exclusives.  They're actually made in limited numbers.  Not saying everything should remain store price, because I know that's not how collecting works.  I'm just saying, some of them shouldn't have monstrously huge price tags and/or be barred from re-release as some people think.

Before I begin, let me make it clear that I'm not calling any one person out or anything, but if you see yourself in what I'm about to say, then I'm sorry.

The "unpopular" opinion that I have is the one about re-releases.  I'm dead-set against it, because, to me, it just seems like Mattel is coddling the spoiled and entitled part of the fanbase that whines and begs that Mattel "needs" to re-release whichever wave 1 doll they didn't get because they either came to MH late or because they were never able to find it in-store or on-line.  It really isn't Mattel's problem that someone's collection is incomplete, and every time they pander to the fanbase with some form of re-release, IMO, it makes people think that if they whine and cajole Mattel enough, they'll get their way.   

I wasn't happy at seeing the "Original Favorites" come out, because it brought out the call of "Mattel needs to re-release *insert doll that I "need" here*!"  And now, with the reveal of the Basics core bundle (who look really cheap compared to the originals), I'm seeing that again, especially with dolls like Nefera and basic Toralei.  It just seems like Mattel is pacifying people who have been whining that they don't have the basic doll(s) that they want.

When I first expressed my opposition to re-releases, someone asked me, "How can you be so heartless?"  It's not a matter of being heartless; it's a matter of being realistic.  I've collected various things off and on for over 20 years now, and I have countless incomplete collections; some are by choice, others are because I couldn't afford the items at the time, or because I came to the property late and couldn't find the items in-store (in the days before eBay).  And if I came to the property late, it never occurred to me that I ought to beg and plead with the manufacturer to re-release something just because I didn't have it.  Either I had to find it aftermarket (or totally luck out and find it in-store), or just do without.  I don't see why this is so hard for some to understand.  Sure, it sucks to not have a collection the way that you want it, but it's not the manufacturer's responsibility to re-release items that people are missing from their collections just because people want them. 

Anyway, sorry if I come off like some old fart just grumbling (but compared to many of you, I am an old fart).  The topic was opened, so this was my two cents.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I really dislike it when the fans use the MH pun-ny adjectives, like "That doll is clawsome!" "Oh, her outfit is bootiful!" etc. It's already silly enough when the characters use them, but from actual people it sounds even worse.

I just plain don't like Cleo. There I said it.
She was the last original I got, mainly because I only wanted Deuce and I just don't like her face, her dress sense, bleugh. The only saving grace is her head mold is nice (this is probably why she tends to get made into my customs haha)
I also dislike that awful tinsel hair. Stop it Mattel please, it ALWAYS screws up in the box! I have yet to see one that isn't a complete mess.

I want a line of monster babies i know it sounds weird but i think it would be cute as long as they don't put a lot of make up on them. I'm sure this isn't a popular request lol. The bootlegs are pretty bad but i think Mattel could make cute ones.

I hate pretty much all the boys, really hate. Their personalities suck and the dolls look hideous. I have Jackson and I have never seen an uglier doll. Although I kind of like the newest three; Neightan, Garrot and Porter. Neightan has a lovely face but his clothing is ghastly, Garrot actually looks like a proper guy with a sense of fashion unlike every other shabbily underdressed and tackily clad version we have gotten of every other boy. Porter I might actually even get, if he looks as good in better pictures of course.

I don't get the Spectra love, sure some of her dolls look lovely, some I don't like. But mainly I really don't think she needs any more spotlight as so many seem to think, Spectra as a character is quite dull actually. The one I miss is actually Abbey, so yeah... xD 

And lastly I don't find Frankie and Draculaura to be annoying. I do think they get too many dolls but I have no problem with them as characters in the cgi movies/ webisodes. 

I don't like the boys either. Will never collect a boy. Not understanding the love of boys particularly Neighthan. Mainly because of his clothes and his hair I hate. Though I wouldn't turn down Manny!

Mindori fae, I wouldn't get the rereleases either but I don't mind them because my 6year old sister and I are who just starting to collect are late in the game. I don't care for it coz of the lack of details but she had always asked for a Frankie in that particular outfit. Now it's possible to give it to her.

I still love Frankie and Draculaura! :) and Poor shelf warmer Abbey.
I totally agree with your last two paragraphs.

Gaea said:

I hate pretty much all the boys, really hate. Their personalities suck and the dolls look hideous. I have Jackson and I have never seen an uglier doll. Although I kind of like the newest three; Neightan, Garrot and Porter. Neightan has a lovely face but his clothing is ghastly, Garrot actually looks like a proper guy with a sense of fashion unlike every other shabbily underdressed and tackily clad version we have gotten of every other boy. Porter I might actually even get, if he looks as good in better pictures of course.

I don't get the Spectra love, sure some of her dolls look lovely, some I don't like. But mainly I really don't think she needs any more spotlight as so many seem to think, Spectra as a character is quite dull actually. The one I miss is actually Abbey, so yeah... xD 

And lastly I don't find Frankie and Draculaura to be annoying. I do think they get too many dolls but I have no problem with them as characters in the cgi movies/ webisodes. 

Here's an unpopular opinion: I love Frankie! LOL. She will always be my favourite.

I don't care for Spectra. I loved her basic, but no other Spectra doll stood out enough for me to buy.

The only other Abbey doll that I liked besides her basic was her Art Class doll.

I'm not bothered by a doll's personality or how many dolls a character has. I still watch the webisodes, read their diaries, and watch the movies, but their personality doesn't stop me from liking a doll or character. I don't hate Toralei because she's mean. Just because Draculaura gets a lot of spotlight in the movies and a large number of doll releases, it doesn't make me annoyed by her. I just buy whatever I think is a pretty or cool-looking doll.

Also, I'm not a pink-hater. lol

It's not my favourite colour, but it doesn't bother me if another pink doll comes along.

I do not like the Sweet Screams dolls.....not any of them..I just don't understand why everyone is going crazy over them....plus they are overpriced!! I'm gonna get them cuz Im a completest....but they are the only dolls I did not buy the second I saw them and the only dolls Im gonna wait til they go on sale.

I agree with you 100% about the re-releases...It use to drive me CRAZY seeing all the posts about re-releasing dolls. I'm sorry if they jumped on the MH bandwagon too late or couldn't find them...but I would much rather Mattel spend time creating new dolls/characters than them spending all this time on re-releasing dolls that have already came out before!

Midori Fae said:

Before I begin, let me make it clear that I'm not calling any one person out or anything, but if you see yourself in what I'm about to say, then I'm sorry.

The "unpopular" opinion that I have is the one about re-releases.  I'm dead-set against it, because, to me, it just seems like Mattel is coddling the spoiled and entitled part of the fanbase that whines and begs that Mattel "needs" to re-release whichever wave 1 doll they didn't get because they either came to MH late or because they were never able to find it in-store or on-line.  It really isn't Mattel's problem that someone's collection is incomplete, and every time they pander to the fanbase with some form of re-release, IMO, it makes people think that if they whine and cajole Mattel enough, they'll get their way.   

I wasn't happy at seeing the "Original Favorites" come out, because it brought out the call of "Mattel needs to re-release *insert doll that I "need" here*!"  And now, with the reveal of the Basics core bundle (who look really cheap compared to the originals), I'm seeing that again, especially with dolls like Nefera and basic Toralei.  It just seems like Mattel is pacifying people who have been whining that they don't have the basic doll(s) that they want.

When I first expressed my opposition to re-releases, someone asked me, "How can you be so heartless?"  It's not a matter of being heartless; it's a matter of being realistic.  I've collected various things off and on for over 20 years now, and I have countless incomplete collections; some are by choice, others are because I couldn't afford the items at the time, or because I came to the property late and couldn't find the items in-store (in the days before eBay).  And if I came to the property late, it never occurred to me that I ought to beg and plead with the manufacturer to re-release something just because I didn't have it.  Either I had to find it aftermarket (or totally luck out and find it in-store), or just do without.  I don't see why this is so hard for some to understand.  Sure, it sucks to not have a collection the way that you want it, but it's not the manufacturer's responsibility to re-release items that people are missing from their collections just because people want them. 

Anyway, sorry if I come off like some old fart just grumbling (but compared to many of you, I am an old fart).  The topic was opened, so this was my two cents.

LOL...yes that drives me crazy to!! Especially "clawsome" I hate it when the MH characters us it.....but when people use it in posts on here, they might as well be scratching their fingernails down a chalkboard. Nothing personal for ya'll that do use these MH terms..i just don't like it...

Victoria Niccals said:

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I really dislike it when the fans use the MH pun-ny adjectives, like "That doll is clawsome!" "Oh, her outfit is bootiful!" etc. It's already silly enough when the characters use them, but from actual people it sounds even worse.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service