Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A trolled doll is a doll that was returned to the store in the wrong box, wrong clothes, or even wrong accessories. Someone didn't want a doll they had so they returned the doll to the store in a recently purchased doll's box for a refund. do you think stores should accept trolled dolls as returns or do you think store clerks should pay attention and reject trolled merchandise.

Here's a deuce in a Gil box wearing Jackson's clothes.

Can you spot what happened to this five pack?

is this clawdeen the correct doll?

what happened to this clawdeen?

how about this 5 pack?

Spot the trolling and let me know how you feel about trolled dolls.

Views: 9051

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The swirls on her hands and legs must be painted on with a marker, too. And they haven't done a bad job at all!

Draconia St George said:

Her hair is colored with permanent marker.

Violet said:

Is that Abbey rerooted or wigged? 

If that person spent all that time rerooting that Abbey doll so nicely, they could have just sold the rerooted Abbey on eBay for like TWICE what they would've gotten for returning her as a repackaged trolled doll.  I've done doll reroots before. ... That takes a lot of time! 

that abbey is... hilarious. They.. coloured her hair in, drew on her arms and legs.. it's just so much effort to go to hahaha. Amazing

Ooh- 'trolled' is a great word for that!  It's no different than shoplifting.  Stores can set their return policies however they want, but those dolls shouldn't go back on the shelf with the unopened ones.  Maybe the clearance bin, if it's not obviously broken/dirty/etc.  Just think of some kid opening up a gift, auntie thinks she got the doll they wanted because that's what it says on the box and POOF!  Ruined birthday, it's a broken Barbie in a Monster High box.

I've seen a few, that I regret not taking pictures of. But I saw one today and made sure to grab a photo. It's pretty terrible what they'll put back on the shelves. XD
Attachments:

Somehow, this seems much worse than replacing a doll with a cheap knock off or Barbie.  That's just really, really sad.

Angela said:

I've seen a few, that I regret not taking pictures of. But I saw one today and made sure to grab a photo. It's pretty terrible what they'll put back on the shelves. XD

Wow look as this Draculaura in the middle. Seller claims the doll came that way from the factory. 

Die-ner Lala with CMC dress? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONSTER-HIGH-CLAWDEEN-WOLF-DRACULAURA-OPERE...

I think that draculaura is a trolled doll the person probley opened the bottom of the box to remove the doll. The seller thinks she wasn't removed because the top is still taped close.

I've never seen a trolled doll a trolled apple ipod yes but not a doll. but I have seen loads of MH boxes opened and stands or shoes missing :/

I would be so sad if I got one of these as a gift. If you don't know the doll or anything like my friends and family they could very well buy one not understanding that its not the right one. This is a good reminder to educate loved ones before the busy holiday season.

I have seen a Basic Frankie with Watzit missing, so they had to put her on the "sale" pile because of "missing items". I was pretty sad, because that was clearly a case of a kid seeing the toy animal and asking about it like mad.

(P.S.: That Frankie, even without Watzit, went to a member on here, so I can tell you she got a good home!)

Maggie smith said:

I've never seen a trolled doll a trolled apple ipod yes but not a doll. but I have seen loads of MH boxes opened and stands or shoes missing :/

I would be so sad if I got one of these as a gift. If you don't know the doll or anything like my friends and family they could very well buy one not understanding that its not the right one. This is a good reminder to educate loved ones before the busy holiday season.

I saw a trolled doll recently at big lots it was a knockoff doll box with a real moxie inside. I was like why would someone put a real doll in knockoff doll box and return it just to get 4 dollars. I know it was a real doll because she had detachable feet. the feet were still there too.

Maybe the parents caught the kid trolling a moxie and then had them return the moxie in the knockoff box to teach them a lesson. I cant think of any other reason why someone would return a doll like that.

Found another one today. Dance Class Howleen, in a Draculaura fashion pack dress. XD

Attachments:

I have never seen one in person but I sure would like to as I am curious. I would be tempted to buy that Deuce though or anything similar to that. Operetta in Skull Shores don't remember that happening but for some reason it kind of fits it's not a big picture so I can't tell which one it is or who's outfit she's in or whether or not she has her mask. it might be RM I'm not sure. this is very interesting though I had no idea people did this I'm not saying they should though but some people might benefit from it but others might not it also depends on what box they would be putting them in like if they put a cheap doll in an expensive dolls box that just would not be right but vice versa on the other hand just might depending again. but all in all people shouldn't really be doing it as it is dishonest and it is exploiting people really especially the ones not so experienced like imagine an old lady who is buying one for her grandchild's birthday/Christmas/other gift they would be disappointed to find the wrong one in the box especially if it was one they already had. But I am still very curious and if I spot one I will be sure to let you know.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service