Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

While out toy hunting this weekend, I made an interesting discovery.  My friend and I asked a TRU worker to open a fresh case of Scaris for us, looking for a Skelita for her.  We discovered that the case had 3 Clawdeen, 2 Frankie and 1 Rochelle in it - no Jinafire or Skelita at all!

The TRU worker told us he keeps an eye on the Monster High dolls because his daughter is collecing them, and that they got in several cases like this, with only a couple of the cases having Skelita and Jinafire in them.   I can't possibly imagine what the justification for making the most desirable dolls so limited is.

So, if you're looking for Jinafire or Skelita, definitely try Justice first.  The Scaris cases they are getting in have 2 Jinafire, 1 Skelita, 1 Clawdeen, 1 Frankie and 1 Rochelle.

Views: 3869

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can reach the unopened cases on the top, so I don't have that problem, but as was said, they'll get it down for you unless they're a lazy a**.  They even got a case from the back for me once when Ghouls Rule first came out.

Toys R Us has always been super nice about checking the unopened cases when I ask. 

I didn't have any luck getting anybody to open the crates.  I don't know why they don't open the crates and put the merchandise on the shelves anyways.  The store got in a few crates of Ghouls Alive dolls and stocked those immediately.  I was able to get my daughter a GA Spectra, at least.  Maybe the crates are not Scaris.  The crates are marked "Monster High X3711-9993."  The crates may be full of non-doll merchandise, which doesn't move as fast as the dolls.  In the meantime, the unopened crates continue to sit on top of the shelves, as they have for at least a couple of weeks. 

X3711 is the high school. Just did a quick google search.

Steven McBride said:

I didn't have any luck getting anybody to open the crates.  I don't know why they don't open the crates and put the merchandise on the shelves anyways.  The store got in a few crates of Ghouls Alive dolls and stocked those immediately.  I was able to get my daughter a GA Spectra, at least.  Maybe the crates are not Scaris.  The crates are marked "Monster High X3711-9993."  The crates may be full of non-doll merchandise, which doesn't move as fast as the dolls.  In the meantime, the unopened crates continue to sit on top of the shelves, as they have for at least a couple of weeks. 

Target had a case of 2 Skelita, 1 Clawdeen,  1 Frankie and 1 Rochelle.  Wtf???  I bought 1 Skelita so now I have one with no spelling errors on the box and one with. 

I'd been searching earlier this week for Jinafire and did a pretty broad sweep in my area.  ALL of the targets in my immediate area are getting the same one box selection with 2 Clawdeens, 1 Rochelle, 1 Frankie, and 2 Skelita - NO Jinafire.  Every Target I went to I had to ask them to check the boxes from the back and they were all unopened....all the same selection with no Jinafire.

I did eventually find her at a Toys R Us though, in a box that contained two of her. 

Strange and annoying, but ok.  I'm at least not worried about finding myself a Skelita later on.

Well since it's a big item and contains the school, which most likley is on the shelf already, they aren't going to open that because there would be nowhere to put it. They couldn't stock it back up there opened, the box would just fall on people. But why they don't use tape to sit it back up there with dunno. I'm pretty tall so I just grab the boxes I want to look through. There is never anyone around to ask for help. Yay to short staff.

Steven McBride said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service