Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

While out toy hunting this weekend, I made an interesting discovery.  My friend and I asked a TRU worker to open a fresh case of Scaris for us, looking for a Skelita for her.  We discovered that the case had 3 Clawdeen, 2 Frankie and 1 Rochelle in it - no Jinafire or Skelita at all!

The TRU worker told us he keeps an eye on the Monster High dolls because his daughter is collecing them, and that they got in several cases like this, with only a couple of the cases having Skelita and Jinafire in them.   I can't possibly imagine what the justification for making the most desirable dolls so limited is.

So, if you're looking for Jinafire or Skelita, definitely try Justice first.  The Scaris cases they are getting in have 2 Jinafire, 1 Skelita, 1 Clawdeen, 1 Frankie and 1 Rochelle.

Views: 3869

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man, boo on semi-random assortments for the Scaris dolls! New dolls/characters are already hard enough to find as it is. Now we have to pray that the stores that gets them in actually has a "good" assortment and not a case filled with one character or ones that lack Skelita and/or Jinafire.  :(

This is accurate. Several cases showed this distribution in my area :)

Her Monster Highness said:

This was the assortment break down that I saw. 6 cases - 3/each store.
TRU Scaris assortments last week were:
2 Skelita
2 Clawdeen
1 Frankie
1 Rochelle

Justice Scaris assortments last week were:
1 Skelita
2 Jinafire
1 Frankie
1 Rochelle
1 Clawdeen

I have called stores around me too and I always wonder if the employees are hearing me say the name correctly.  Sometimes I tell them the name a couple times and they OK I'll go check.  They come back and tell me they didn't find any Jennifer's.
Makes me want to drive there myself but it's all the way across town. :(

LittleoneLOVESMH said:

Has anyone found Jinafire in a TRU yet? I called 5 within the Pittsburgh area today while I was shopping and all of those TRU had everyone but Jinafire.

So true Triumvirate.  I have found dolls in other sections of the stores.  Wheather it's from people hiding them or a child grabbing the toy and running to mom and dad and asking to get it then just setting it anywhere because they don't want to walk all the way back.  I've even heard members on here say they found it on the floor UNDER the shelf!
Even if the employee sounds like they know what you're talking about I still have to go there myself to be sure.

My friend and I found an expertly hidden Dot Dead Spectra at Toys R Us on Sunday.  She left a note inside congratulating the person who hid it.  XD

Went to 2 different TRU today and saw no Jinafire. They had tons of the others.

I bet they got case 999A in and stacked case 999B in front of it and started pulling from the second shipment at the warehouse. All store should be shelving 999A (Skelita/Jinafire) when they replenish their Monster High shelves, even Toys R Us -- but 999B is being shipped now.

It's the same thing the did with Skull Shore (Gil) and Sweet 1900 (Clawd) -- both were in 999A of their assortments, but then Mattel quickly switched over to 999B which didn't include the new boys.

Scaris Deuce may be in the same boat.

I cracked open a 999A assortment at a TRU today (it was on a shelf above the dolls). 2 Skelita's, no Jinafire. I think Jinafire is in the B case.

I was just at Target tonight and ran across my first sightings of the Scaris dolls. There were 3 Jinafires, 2 Frankies, 2 Rochelles, and 2 Clawdeens, but NO Skelita. My guess is that scalpers would've bought all of the Jinafire AND Skelita dolls, not just the one and collectors would buy both of them too, not just leave Jinafire all by her lonesome. I don't know what's up! I was, however, happy to be able to pick which Jina and Clawdeen I wanted. :D

I then went to Toys 'R Us to see if they had any Skelita (or a Rochelle in a nice box) and all they had were 2 Rochelle, 2 Frankie, and 2 Clawdeen - no Jinafire OR Skelita, so I'm not sure which assortment they're getting. I'm pretty sure someone who works there buys all the hard to find ones because when Spectra was rereleased they never had her on the shelf.

So does anyone have the official breakdown of each case.

999A?

999B?

Thats about what I saw if that helps any.

Triumvirate said:

I have to add to this discussion and ask if anyone has seen anything weird with the Picture Day cases at TRU as well. This morning at TRU they had large quantities of Picture Day dolls that they either just put out this morning or sometime last night (I was there yesterday during the day and they weren't out yet so that's how I know this). The thing is, though I could tell that some dolls had already been purchased, I found very large numbers of Abbeys. I didn't count, but I would not be surprised if there had been at least twenty Abbeys. Meanwhile, I found 6 Spectras, 3 Cleos, and only 1 Draculaura. That really made no sense to me.

I saw a four cases of Picture Day on the floor ready to be put on the shelf and they were all opened. I only looked at one and it contained 2 Draculaura, 2 Abbey, 1 Cleo and 1 Spectra. I didn't check to see if the other three boxes were like that, but I assumed so. There were plenty of Abbeys and Draculauras on the shelf with 4 Cleos and maybe a few Spectras.

Triumvirate said:

I have to add to this discussion and ask if anyone has seen anything weird with the Picture Day cases at TRU as well. This morning at TRU they had large quantities of Picture Day dolls that they either just put out this morning or sometime last night (I was there yesterday during the day and they weren't out yet so that's how I know this). The thing is, though I could tell that some dolls had already been purchased, I found very large numbers of Abbeys. I didn't count, but I would not be surprised if there had been at least twenty Abbeys. Meanwhile, I found 6 Spectras, 3 Cleos, and only 1 Draculaura. That really made no sense to me.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service