Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Starting tonight with some previews, the annual New York International Toy Fair begins.  Toy Fair is an event held by the entire toy industry to show off the upcoming years wares to retailers so that they can prepare and plan their ordering for the year - including Christmas already! 

Toy Fair is not a public event like a comic con - you cannot attend unless you are in the industry or a retailer, so we have to rely on reporters and the press to show us what is new and exciting.  This year should be a very exciting year for Monster High fans as MH enters it's fifth year and reigns as the second most popular doll line in America (and many other countries!). 

Mattel will be officially showing off to the public on Sunday, as is their tradition.  However, before then we will likely see pictures of the booth, or of other toy lines of interest to us, like Once Upon a Zombie.

Please use this thread as a catch-all for all of the news and images you find from Toy Fair.  If they're all in one place, it will be easier for everyone to see.

To start off, here are some links to websites that are attending Toy Fair and will be taking pictures:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/

http://www.figures.com/

http://www.aftimes.com/

http://www.thefwoosh.com

http://news.toyark.com/

Views: 39826

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I take back anything bad I said about Neighthan Rot. He's really cool! I still don't like his yellow hat & shoes, but his outfit is growing on me. It reminds me of those colour-coded anatomical pictures in biology books. And I love the sinew-y texture on his skin. I really like Clawvenus & Lagoonafire, but I feel that Clawvenus is more Clawdeen (I see some nods to Ghouls Rule and Scaris) than Venus, and I wish Lagoonafire was a mash up between SO Lagoona & NS Jinafire. I'll probably still get them, though. Cleolei & Dracubecca are perfect amalgamations of their two combined characters, so I have no complaints about them. I just really want to see the other Freaky Fusion dolls. On that note, I love the box designs for the FF line (and the Inner Monsters). The zig-zag shaped front is very unique.

I don't know if it's just me, but Zombie Dance Meowlody strongly reminds me of Tiffany from 'Bride of Chucky'. It must be the hair & the black lips. Love her & her sister!

I hope we see some more stuff tomorrow! *hint hint* New Scaremester w. 2

Slo Moe? Is there a new Slo Moe revealed that I missed?

Triumvirate said:

Freaky Fusion is definitely my favorite CGI line yet since MH started those. Clawvenus, Lagoonafire, and Neighthan are must-haves already. I also want to see better pictures of Bonita Femur and the FF budget line Scarah. Manny and Iris, that new Wydowna, and Slo Moe I want also. This is shaping up to be my favorite year of Monster High yet.

Definitely not sold on Neighthan. ICK! The primary colors don't help either as they are just an ugly color combo. He reminds me of the avatars from well, Avatar (and I hated that movie). That outfit? Definitely ugly. He's a major pass for me. Clawvenus is pretty cool and I love Cleolei and Lagoonafire. Not so much a fan of Dracubecca. Zombie Dance Twins are pretty cool looking, but they're also a pass for me. Not interested in the CAMs in the slightest so another pass. I can't wait to see what else they have in store though!

EAH: Cedar looks great. Beautiful doll. The Thronecoming line... what an over the top mess. It's just too much. They look like drag-queens gone mad, lol! Plus, the line is too similar to Legacy Day. Not a fan.

MH: Unlike most people, I find Neighthan Rot to be simply atrocious in a very bad way. Complete failure. Horrible outfit. Very ugly doll.

Cleolei = B-O-R-I-N-G. Very lame. Skin tone is nice. The hair color too. But the outfit and the doll herself in general.. not so much.

Dracubecca: Cute but very tiresome too.She'll probably be the least successful.

Clawvenus: LOVE the outfit. Very colorful yet nice. Reminds me of something that could easily have been worn by a Misfit or an Hologram from "JEM!". It's gonna look amazing on other dolls. As for the doll herself... Meh! Looks too much like Clawdeen and not enough like Venus.

Lagoonafire: Amazingly gorgeous!! The best one of the bunch. I adore her face, her eyes and her hair. She looks like a diabolical version of Lagoona. Extremely fierce. The more I look at her, the more she takes my breath away. She's currently the only must-have! Stunning doll!!

I still need Slo too, haha! I'm also still as excited about previous characters as I am about the new ones, recently and now they have been great! Mattel is at a peak :D

Btw, I'm so happy for you Iris is getting a doll. I know some others and myself have been hoping for her for a while, but if one Iris fan comes to mind it's definetly you, so I'm happy you finally get your wish granted :D And she is so awesome!

Triumvirate said:

No, just talking about the first one or any version of him really - lol. I just need one and am still as excited about him as as I am any of these newer reveals. 

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

Slo Moe? Is there a new Slo Moe revealed that I missed?

Triumvirate said:

Freaky Fusion is definitely my favorite CGI line yet since MH started those. Clawvenus, Lagoonafire, and Neighthan are must-haves already. I also want to see better pictures of Bonita Femur and the FF budget line Scarah. Manny and Iris, that new Wydowna, and Slo Moe I want also. This is shaping up to be my favorite year of Monster High yet.

Ok, first a huge thanks to everyone who has posted pictures and links to these great new dolls. I love your for it! *hugs*

Second, these new dolls for MH and EAH are looking great to me. My favorite ones are Neighton, though that outfit has to go. He looks amazing to me, particularly his face. I will be buying him and changing up that outfit to something less garish. The other freaky fusion characters are very neat, and as much as my wallet will hate me, I may end up getting them all.

The EAH Thronecoming line looks lovely. I really love Cupid ( this is actually the first Cupid doll I will be getting due to the fact that I just haven't liked her design well enough to justify buying her. Though I have purchased her clothes because they are quite nice). Raven looks amazing with her make-up and Blondie looks adorable with that hairstyle. Apple is beautiful as always.

All in all, I am quite excited by these new dolls. Iris is on my list to get ( I have wanted her for so long), Billy looks pretty good, but I need to see him in person before deciding, and I cannot wait for the centaur doll and siren one to come out. I would love to see better pictures of them, but they look amazing. My wallet is going to be crying this year, and don't even get me started about trying to find space for all these new editions to collections.

As a side note, does anyone know of nice doll clothes that fit HM male dolls? Neighthan needs a new outfit. Thanks in advance!

Wait was there an Iris pic posted that I missed?or is everyone just talking about the pics we saw on Friday?

terrible thing is, I now find Slo Mo really not that exciting to look for. May be a combination of him looking nothing like his animated for and being impossible to bloody find but apathy has set in. *sigh*

Ok I like Cupid's elf earrings, those are cute. I hate the glitter and the sparkles and the poofiness of everything else in the thronecoming line but those earrings are adorable. I'm kinda.. blinded by the super frilliness hahaha. hard to see the details when it's all just.. so much poof and glitter.

So much stuff this year! Here's my input:

Freaky Fusion: Cute, but meh, I think all pass on them except for Neighthan.

Iris and Manny: Need them! I hope that they're a double pack.

Witch girl: Totally disappointing! I feel like Mattel could've done a better job.

Slo Moe: I'll get him just because he's Slo Moe.

Inner Monster: Cool, maybe I'll get one.

The Freaky Fusion Basics: I haven't seen any pics of them, but I really want them!

The EAH's new line (Crowncoming or something): No thanks, I'll pass.

Cedar: I must get her!

The more I look at Neighthan Rot, the more I dislike him. Looks so cheap.. Same for Iris Clops and Manny Taur.

Hopefully, we soon get better pics of the Zombie Dance line, the other Freaky Fusion characters like Sirena, Avea and Bonita and other cool surprises.

Is it wrong of me that I really want to see Neighthan in the nude? With the detail on his face, I really want to see what's hiding under those clothes!

Definitely not! As soon as I bring home a doll with a new body sculpt the first thing I do is undress them to admire the sculpting, so I'm eager to see what the rest of Neighthan's body sculpt looks like as well x)

Monster_Mama said:

Is it wrong of me that I really want to see Neighthan in the nude? With the detail on his face, I really want to see what's hiding under those clothes!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service