Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Who here has someone telling you "you are too old for dolls" or "You'll get tired of these sometime" ? If you do say how you feel about it rant, if you must. Does it really get on your nevers?

Views: 637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah my mom collects stuff too, she collects shot glasses even though she doesn't drink out of them. She just doesn't like how pricey it is ( I have all 8 basic and got them for about $200 even with amazon's prices that only $15 more than buying them all a Toys R Us). I'm most likely not allowed to buy anymore until Abbey and Spectra come out (that's going to be between Jan and April I think...). My grandma supports me though so that's good enough (she bought 4 out of 8 of mine, Frankie and Lagoona for birthday and Clawdeen and Draculaura for Xmas).
Thats not true where I live I have seen 3 ghoulias at my target last week

Sadie Skeleton said:
Well good luck, because Target no longer sells Ghoulia in stores same with Lagoona (I know that really sucks since they are cheaper there). I want Ghoulia the most (my mom will let me try to get her), then the all the other Frankies (DotD and GB), then Draculaura, then Clawdeen, and lastly gift pack (I could get it whenever since they are the only non-plushie dolls in stock). I also want Frankie's bed. I did not include the upcoming dolls like Jackson (which I kind of have to get since I have Holt), Spectra, or Abbey. I have to wait after the holiday season since walmart, kmart, target, toys r us, etc are sold out.

Felica Fright said:
I feel all this.. You know what really sucks? My target and probably my wal-mart is all sold out of the dolls; they only have Cleo+Deuce, who I already have and some plushies.... Grrr 'cause I really need to get Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Lagoona, and I would never ever complain if my mom got me Ghoulia

Yeah, I agree. There is nothig wrong with collecting dolls at an older age. I mean, we could make a huge profit out of these dolls some days!

DEFF!! My Mom Got SOOO Pissed When i Wenjt Out And Bought Draculaura!! But, Mi Dad Wuz Totally With me for it. He was all like, Play with whatever toys you want. So, Now I Guess Imma Go Buy Draculauras Bed :)

Ter said:
I remember my EXstep dad years ago telling me this. He called everything a doll. Action Figures etc. Needless to say hes the only one who ever cared. I'm nearly 25 years old now and a guy. My mom nor my dad care that I collect toys. They never even cared that I played with dolls.

As a mater of fact last weekend I heard a couple in K-Mart saying maybe they should buy their son a Barbie because he'd just play with his sister's anyway. The Husband didn't say anothing when the mother said this. It made me happy.
It's been changed since then target.com said they no longer sold them in stores, but they are back.

Melody Carver said:
Thats not true where I live I have seen 3 ghoulias at my target last week

Sadie Skeleton said:
Well good luck, because Target no longer sells Ghoulia in stores same with Lagoona (I know that really sucks since they are cheaper there). I want Ghoulia the most (my mom will let me try to get her), then the all the other Frankies (DotD and GB), then Draculaura, then Clawdeen, and lastly gift pack (I could get it whenever since they are the only non-plushie dolls in stock). I also want Frankie's bed. I did not include the upcoming dolls like Jackson (which I kind of have to get since I have Holt), Spectra, or Abbey. I have to wait after the holiday season since walmart, kmart, target, toys r us, etc are sold out.

Felica Fright said:
I feel all this.. You know what really sucks? My target and probably my wal-mart is all sold out of the dolls; they only have Cleo+Deuce, who I already have and some plushies.... Grrr 'cause I really need to get Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Lagoona, and I would never ever complain if my mom got me Ghoulia

It's usually my siblings that have a problem with it. My parents are cool with it and try to help me out. My mom collects beanie babies while my dad collects hot wheels so I guess they would understand why I like them.My older brothers always wanna hide them when their friends come over(they could ask first).They tell me that "oh it's just a fad she'll get over it" or "Why don't you keep em in the box? It would make you look less childish" I'm 16! I wanna play with my dolls make dresses for them and do things like that.They are becomming more and more like Dolls and less and less like my decor. I keep my extras in the box while I play with the others I bought. I usually play with them alone(do any of you still play?) I know it's kinda wierd because I'm a teenager but I love them and my older brothers just need to deal with having a younger sister who collects and plays with dolls she's too old for

My younger brother and sister are neutral on my whole doll thing.My brother likes to draw out clothes for Duece though.And my sister just likes putting other dolls clothes on them like I put on Snow White on Cleo De Nile. LOL.

Pffft, being too OLD for collecting MH dolls is the least of my problems. Try being a GUY collecting the adorable things. Its not like me collecting Moxie Girls. Dees dolls have a monsters background, which is TYPICALLY a boys theme, but since dey are dolls ppl seem to think dat changes things. But boys been playing wif dolls for decades an ppl just dont get it. Gi Joe, and action figures are ALL dolls.
Me work at Target, an to get a run down on how things work there Target employees have no control on ordering things that aren't comming in. All we can do is fix the computer ordering error. For example, if the computer has 5 dolls in its system an there is none on the shelv/backroom then there can be a adjustment made. As for the Ghoulia doll, she is short packed. In other words, something like 1 in 5 cases of assorted dolls there will be 1 ghoulia and 1 holt. Most cases will have 2 frankies an two Draculauras 1 lagoona, an 1 clawdeen. I have NEVER seen a case with doubles of Ghoulia or holt. On top of it being hard enuff to get MH dolls in due to manufactuing problems, the ones that DO come in VERY rarely end up with the cases with the Ghoulia an holt dolls. Very unfortunate but true.

Sadie Skeleton said:

Felica Fright said:
Huh?
Yess! Another Guy MH fan!!

RaDioAcTiVe BuNNy said:
Pffft, being too OLD for collecting MH dolls is the least of my problems. Try being a GUY collecting the adorable things. Its not like me collecting Moxie Girls. Dees dolls have a monsters background, which is TYPICALLY a boys theme, but since dey are dolls ppl seem to think dat changes things. But boys been playing wif dolls for decades an ppl just dont get it. Gi Joe, and action figures are ALL dolls.
Yup. Lol, me tinks the lil girl in the appartment above me is jealous of me cuz me has more mh dolls than her an she doesnt have ghoulia an me got 2 of dem heehee

Mark said:
Yess! Another Guy MH fan!!

RaDioAcTiVe BuNNy said:

I really want to buy the Monster High Dolls, but my parents say no, that its rubbish, and that I'm too old. Im 11. I want to hold onto my childhood, not destroy it with teenage years, puberty, and gadgets. 

I miss my old childhood, where I could play with my dolls and not be laughed at or thought of as a freak.

:( so long...

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service