Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Who here has someone telling you "you are too old for dolls" or "You'll get tired of these sometime" ? If you do say how you feel about it rant, if you must. Does it really get on your nevers?

Views: 638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It totally does (even though my mom probably is right)!! I was actually about to do one like this when I saw yours. ;-D I mean my mom maybe right but still these are amazing!! Although yestarday my mom made me put mine (Holt, Cleo, Deuce, and Frankie) in their stands and take them out of my clever bedroom for them (I have 2 cubical-like bookshelves so I put 1 in each like it was their rooms and she didn't like it) so yeah, pain in the butt stands by the way. So yeah. I'm afraid I won't be able to get all of them and whatever furinature or clothing comes along, that would totally SUCK!!!! For me.
I have Holt and Frankie too! I also have Lagoona. Lagoona and Frankie were a birthday present from my grandma and Holt is from an NYC shopping spree (I bought mostly candy). My mom says the second statement I put up. She does think they are kind of cool, but she doesn't want me buying too many, too bad I most likely will mainly because my math teacher is doing a contest thing and each time you get a test that is an A you get a red ticket and if you get picked out you could get either a $30 gift card to Target, a $20 gift card, or a $15 gift card (which I'd use on them if I am picked). I am less likely to get a Frankie Stein bed I want than more dolls or outfits. She doesn't mind it as much since I have a friend that likes them too (she wants me to get her Draculaura for her birthday). It sounds like you have it worse than me, but I do have some annoyed attitude from her when I talk about wanting Ghoulia too much.

Felica Fright said:
It totally does (even though my mom probably is right)!! I was actually about to do one like this when I saw yours. ;-D I mean my mom maybe right but still these are amazing!! Although yestarday my mom made me put mine (Holt, Cleo, Deuce, and Frankie) in their stands and take them out of my clever bedroom for them (I have 2 cubical-like bookshelves so I put 1 in each like it was their rooms and she didn't like it) so yeah, pain in the butt stands by the way. So yeah. I'm afraid I won't be able to get all of them and whatever furinature or clothing comes along, that would totally SUCK!!!! For me.
Haha sometimes my mom gets annoyed on how I have too many stuffed animals but I only have maybe 20 or so its not that much and a few are sitting on my TV and dresser etc. The others are surrounding my bed. :)
I had to get rid of a ton of my stuffed animals since I moved to where I am now recently and most of them went to kids in hospitals or something like that. It was most Build-A-Bears that I gave away since I went to so many birthday parties there I had more than 20 of them because of that.

Natalie Perez said:
Haha sometimes my mom gets annoyed on how I have too many stuffed animals but I only have maybe 20 or so its not that much and a few are sitting on my TV and dresser etc. The others are surrounding my bed. :)
Well I guess I'm REALLY old for dolls because I am 32 and still collecting! My mom still collects dolls and she's over 70 years old. Doll collecting is a hobby for many girls and women. I think when you're a teenager you might feel kind of funny about it like it's somehow not right to still collect dolls, but when you're a bit older you realize that's what you enjoy. It's really just a hobby like anything else. Take a look on the Internet and you will see many dolls for hundreds of dollars geared towards the adult collector. Monster high and other dolls too also have something for adult collectors to enjoy. The SDCC gray Frankie was geared towards mainly adults not even made to be open which is why it comes in a collectible box. But Im still a kid at heart. I like to get my dolls out still...fit them in diff clothes...enjoy them. My daughter is only 5 months old...she will enjoy my collections too when she gets older.
I read you had SDCC Frankie on a different form. Awesome! I think Monster High dolls will be one of the only toys I will have by your age and part of it might be that if I have a daughter I'd try to get her hooked on them. The only thing that is keeping me from feeling too weird is having a new best friend likes them too (I feel lucky).

Julie said:
Well I guess I'm REALLY old for dolls because I am 32 and still collecting! My mom still collects dolls and she's over 70 years old. Doll collecting is a hobby for many girls and women. I think when you're a teenager you might feel kind of funny about it like it's somehow not right to still collect dolls, but when you're a bit older you realize that's what you enjoy. It's really just a hobby like anything else. Take a look on the Internet and you will see many dolls for hundreds of dollars geared towards the adult collector. Monster high and other dolls too also have something for adult collectors to enjoy. The SDCC gray Frankie was geared towards mainly adults not even made to be open which is why it comes in a collectible box. But Im still a kid at heart. I like to get my dolls out still...fit them in diff clothes...enjoy them. My daughter is only 5 months old...she will enjoy my collections too when she gets older.
i'm 22 going on 23 with autism and my mom at first didn't want me to ge te dolls do to around the time was saving for the TRF{texas renaissance festivel} but she got over it and got my my last MH doll that being holt,... that with crappy sowing lost his leg when i tried to make him sit down. =>.<= right now he resting with draculaura in the little cardboard coffin made her. which i had to sow back on. his legs are alittle wobbly but can still stand alittle,... sitting like with duece is still a pain,... *sighs* lucky for me my grams doesn't really care about what i buy,... aside form online site stuff like imvu and gaia, which i did cut back on do to gaia is just sucking right now.
I remember my EXstep dad years ago telling me this. He called everything a doll. Action Figures etc. Needless to say hes the only one who ever cared. I'm nearly 25 years old now and a guy. My mom nor my dad care that I collect toys. They never even cared that I played with dolls.

As a mater of fact last weekend I heard a couple in K-Mart saying maybe they should buy their son a Barbie because he'd just play with his sister's anyway. The Husband didn't say anothing when the mother said this. It made me happy.
I feel all this.. You know what really sucks? My target and probably my wal-mart is all sold out of the dolls; they only have Cleo+Deuce, who I already have and some plushies.... Grrr 'cause I really need to get Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Lagoona, and I would never ever complain if my mom got me Ghoulia
Well good luck, because Target no longer sells Ghoulia in stores same with Lagoona (I know that really sucks since they are cheaper there). I want Ghoulia the most (my mom will let me try to get her), then the all the other Frankies (DotD and GB), then Draculaura, then Clawdeen, and lastly gift pack (I could get it whenever since they are the only non-plushie dolls in stock). I also want Frankie's bed. I did not include the upcoming dolls like Jackson (which I kind of have to get since I have Holt), Spectra, or Abbey. I have to wait after the holiday season since walmart, kmart, target, toys r us, etc are sold out.

Felica Fright said:
I feel all this.. You know what really sucks? My target and probably my wal-mart is all sold out of the dolls; they only have Cleo+Deuce, who I already have and some plushies.... Grrr 'cause I really need to get Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Lagoona, and I would never ever complain if my mom got me Ghoulia

Oh yeah, nearly forgot about him, Jackson that is, I wonder/hope they do more furnature for the dolls, particullarly Cleo because it would so cool to have a little sarcoughogus (with a night lite!!) and then they could do everyone else; it's not cool to leave people out of stuff like that and leav us uncreative doll owners to make things our own for they left out monsters.
Sadie Skeletol said:
Well good luck, because Target no longer sells Ghoulia in stores same with Lagoona (I know that really sucks since they are cheaper there). I want Ghoulia the most (my mom will let me try to get her), then the all the other Frankies (DotD and GB), then Draculaura, then Clawdeen, and lastly gift pack (I could get it whenever since they are the only non-plushie dolls in stock). I also want Frankie's bed. I did not include the upcoming dolls like Jackson (which I kind of have to get since I have Holt), Spectra, or Abbey. I have to wait after the holiday season since walmart, kmart, target, toys r us, etc are sold out.

Felica Fright said:
I feel all this.. You know what really sucks? My target and probably my wal-mart is all sold out of the dolls; they only have Cleo+Deuce, who I already have and some plushies.... Grrr 'cause I really need to get Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Lagoona, and I would never ever complain if my mom got me Ghoulia
Well, I've always collected dolls and I'm quite eccentric, so it's just been excepted as an interest of mine. My parents can't really say anything as they are hardcore wine collectors..

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service