Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Who here has someone telling you "you are too old for dolls" or "You'll get tired of these sometime" ? If you do say how you feel about it rant, if you must. Does it really get on your nevers?

Views: 637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am 33 and collecting.  I have most of them in their boxes until I get a nice bookshelf to display my dolls.  I want to put them into cutesy poses with each other.  I am not ashamed!  People walk into my house and see my pyramid of doll boxes and ask if those are all my daughter's.  Nope.  They're mine, and yes I have more dolls than my daughter.  I also have more money than her.  :--P

Julie said:

Well I guess I'm REALLY old for dolls because I am 32 and still collecting! My mom still collects dolls and she's over 70 years old. Doll collecting is a hobby for many girls and women. I think when you're a teenager you might feel kind of funny about it like it's somehow not right to still collect dolls, but when you're a bit older you realize that's what you enjoy. It's really just a hobby like anything else. Take a look on the Internet and you will see many dolls for hundreds of dollars geared towards the adult collector. Monster high and other dolls too also have something for adult collectors to enjoy. The SDCC gray Frankie was geared towards mainly adults not even made to be open which is why it comes in a collectible box. But Im still a kid at heart. I like to get my dolls out still...fit them in diff clothes...enjoy them. My daughter is only 5 months old...she will enjoy my collections too when she gets older.

Totally agree with you, i'm 30 and i love dolls and i do want to have them all and i too take them out of the box like you i also want to have them in their original box, that means buying more than one but my parents, family and even my husband tells me to grow up but it doesn't mean im not mature if i like dolls and i think its a very healthy hobby, besides i do not have kids so i can enjoy them better, i don't have a job right now so i cant buy more dolls and no one wants to buy me DOLLS they say something else but not DOLLS...and that's what i want

Julie said:

Well I guess I'm REALLY old for dolls because I am 32 and still collecting! My mom still collects dolls and she's over 70 years old. Doll collecting is a hobby for many girls and women. I think when you're a teenager you might feel kind of funny about it like it's somehow not right to still collect dolls, but when you're a bit older you realize that's what you enjoy. It's really just a hobby like anything else. Take a look on the Internet and you will see many dolls for hundreds of dollars geared towards the adult collector. Monster high and other dolls too also have something for adult collectors to enjoy. The SDCC gray Frankie was geared towards mainly adults not even made to be open which is why it comes in a collectible box. But Im still a kid at heart. I like to get my dolls out still...fit them in diff clothes...enjoy them. My daughter is only 5 months old...she will enjoy my collections too when she gets older.
I'm past that - I used to get that ALL the time. I'm 32 now, everyone just accepts it lol.

My Grandma and my hubby's aunt are in their 80's, BOTH love dolls, so I figure you're never too old :)

Never too old!!!!

I love dolls since I was a little girl, and I remember that my mom couldn't afford to buy me many dolls so I promise myself that I would buy my own dolls when I could afford it. Now I save to buy my own things and well, my mom gets a little bit annoyed because she thinks I should buy things I "need", but I love dolls and I'm happy to have them.

You're never too old for toys. Never, ever, ever.

I'm 19 and not only do I collect MH but I also collect custom made Krypt Kiddies (Artemis was my first KK in my pic and has a tattoo to match mine lol), barbies, Living Dead Dolls, and Build a Bears. I love dolls and stuffed animals. Always have and always will. :)

I see no harm in collecting what you enjoy, be it statues, model cars, or dolls. I myself wouldn't play with them but I see nothing wrong in doing so if it makes you happy.

I see ages "5 and up" on the box, I see no end age. There is one on Lalaloopsy, anyone over 104 cannot play with them. :P

The only time I think it would end up being a problem is if you're using money you don't have to get them, getting them without having a place to put them, or if they fill every nook and cranny of your home. While I love dolls and all there should always be a limit.

Ha, I have this recurring thought of 5, 10, 15 years from now (assuming and hoping Monster High is still around) of dying buried under a mountain of MH boxes. I have every single doll in box right now, and if I keep up, it's very likely that my nightmare will come true. It would be pretty honorable though, right? At least to you guys ;)

Ashleigh.P. said:

I see no harm in collecting what you enjoy, be it statues, model cars, or dolls. I myself wouldn't play with them but I see nothing wrong in doing so if it makes you happy.

I see ages "5 and up" on the box, I see no end age. There is one on Lalaloopsy, anyone over 104 cannot play with them. :P

The only time I think it would end up being a problem is if you're using money you don't have to get them, getting them without having a place to put them, or if they fill every nook and cranny of your home. While I love dolls and all there should always be a limit.

What a way to go. lol I do worry about being that "crazy lady with the dolls". I'll die and the only thing family will inherit will be my dolls. :P

Kelly de Nile said:

Ha, I have this recurring thought of 5, 10, 15 years from now (assuming and hoping Monster High is still around) of dying buried under a mountain of MH boxes. I have every single doll in box right now, and if I keep up, it's very likely that my nightmare will come true. It would be pretty honorable though, right? At least to you guys ;)

Ashleigh.P. said:

My parent havent said anything but my stupid older brother keeps coming into my room and making fun of my dolls say ohh yuo have barbies you like barbies! I have tried explaining to him a milllion times that they are nothing like barbies but he keeps making fun of me! he is the immature one not me there is nothing wrong with liking dolls!

So far no one has told me that I am too old for dolls, my look is very intimidating and I ain't scared to let'em know about my doll collection either. They got 1 time to say it and the look of death comes out like Deuces baby!

me

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service