Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I was walking through the isles at work and stumbled on this girl sitting on the shelves next to all the others. Some one really took some effort to get this girl perfectly into the box and into all the plastic ties as if she really belonged there, even the tape at the top of the box was unbroken. I feel if your going to spend the money to buy a doll then commit to. Why go through all this underhandedness just for a doll. If you didn't want to spend the money than why did you. How do you guys feel about people who do this?

Views: 640

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow that is officially the saddest trolled doll I've seen.  Seriously, how can stores allow the return of this sort of thing?  If I were a nasty, underhanded, vile person, I'd try to do this with a cheap doll that's not even a knockoff.  But I am not that sort of person, thank goodness!

Idk I'm kinda surprised...I think this is the first time we've seen a non-MH doll re-packaged and returned.
Hm..kind of impressive tbh.That definitely probably took some time.

Some people will do anything won't they? *sigh* Humanity.. you suck.

But really, if stores KNEW their damn products and LOOKED at things before they just accepted the returns, these people would stop doing this because it'd no longer be so easy. It's not difficult to see "hey, that doll doesn't look like the others" or "hey, this doll doesn't match the image on the box" and question the returnee right? but most customer service staff simply aren't paid enough to care.

I'd be so angry if it were my store and my staff though. A bit of training in how to accept returns would go a long way.

I agree with what you guys are saying about telling the customer no but customer service in my store is just so out of hand that if we refuse the customer even if they have a receipt and they call corporate, which they often do, we then have to contact the customer and apologize and then send them some kind of gift card and or take back the merchandise. Such is retail these days. So in the end we avoid all that and just give them the return knowing its not the right product.

This is the first time i have seen a clone doll in a monster high box that is a very sad return. most people at least use real dolls when they swap dolls.

Yeah, it is sort of sad that people would do that sort of thing to get out of paying for a doll but it doesnt really upset me or anything. I havent seen this done before so I dont think its nearly as big of a problem as scalping ect. and honestly if I saw this doll sitting on the store shelf I would bust a gut. The things people do astound me sometimes lol. XD

Some people just take "the customer is always right" way too far, and even when customer service knows that the customer is actually wrong, you're not allowed to tell them so and just give them what they want.  Years ago, I worked at a Payless shoe store, and this woman came in with a box containing only one shoe and wanted her money back, insisting that she got it like that.  We all knew that she was full of crap, because we made sure that every shoe box that left the store had a matching pair of shoes inside, but our store manager gave her a refund, and he wrote up the single shoe as a "defect."  I was burning mad that this woman had just scammed us, but the store manager just shrugged and said that we had to take care of the customer.  Take care of the customer, yes, but not give a scam artist (especially one as blatant as that one) what they want.

 
ChibiRic13 said:

I agree with what you guys are saying about telling the customer no but customer service in my store is just so out of hand that if we refuse the customer even if they have a receipt and they call corporate, which they often do, we then have to contact the customer and apologize and then send them some kind of gift card and or take back the merchandise. Such is retail these days. So in the end we avoid all that and just give them the return knowing its not the right product.

My first thought was why did she only want one shoe?  Lol.

In all seriousness, I fully agree.  It's very clear when someone is scamming a store, and it's pathetic that they're allowed to because someone has to live by "the customer is always right."  Not only is it losing a store money and merchandise, but if someone does it once, they'll do it again.

Midori Fae said:

Some people just take "the customer is always right" way too far, and even when customer service knows that the customer is actually wrong, you're not allowed to tell them so and just give them what they want.  Years ago, I worked at a Payless shoe store, and this woman came in with a box containing only one shoe and wanted her money back, insisting that she got it like that.  We all knew that she was full of crap, because we made sure that every shoe box that left the store had a matching pair of shoes inside, but our store manager gave her a refund, and he wrote up the single shoe as a "defect."  I was burning mad that this woman had just scammed us, but the store manager just shrugged and said that we had to take care of the customer.  Take care of the customer, yes, but not give a scam artist (especially one as blatant as that one) what they want.

 
ChibiRic13 said:

I agree with what you guys are saying about telling the customer no but customer service in my store is just so out of hand that if we refuse the customer even if they have a receipt and they call corporate, which they often do, we then have to contact the customer and apologize and then send them some kind of gift card and or take back the merchandise. Such is retail these days. So in the end we avoid all that and just give them the return knowing its not the right product.

Our best guess is that she was going to pull the same scam at another Payless store (if she hadn't done so already) with the opposite shoe, so that she would end up getting a whole pair for free without the shoplifting charge.

It's sickening, how retailers and honest customers are the losers in situations like these, and the scammers just go on about their merry way, with seemingly no repercussions.
 
Konzern said:

My first thought was why did she only want one shoe?  Lol.

In all seriousness, I fully agree.  It's very clear when someone is scamming a store, and it's pathetic that they're allowed to because someone has to live by "the customer is always right."  Not only is it losing a store money and merchandise, but if someone does it once, they'll do it again.

Midori Fae said:

Some people just take "the customer is always right" way too far, and even when customer service knows that the customer is actually wrong, you're not allowed to tell them so and just give them what they want.  Years ago, I worked at a Payless shoe store, and this woman came in with a box containing only one shoe and wanted her money back, insisting that she got it like that.  We all knew that she was full of crap, because we made sure that every shoe box that left the store had a matching pair of shoes inside, but our store manager gave her a refund, and he wrote up the single shoe as a "defect."  I was burning mad that this woman had just scammed us, but the store manager just shrugged and said that we had to take care of the customer.  Take care of the customer, yes, but not give a scam artist (especially one as blatant as that one) what they want.

 
ChibiRic13 said:

I agree with what you guys are saying about telling the customer no but customer service in my store is just so out of hand that if we refuse the customer even if they have a receipt and they call corporate, which they often do, we then have to contact the customer and apologize and then send them some kind of gift card and or take back the merchandise. Such is retail these days. So in the end we avoid all that and just give them the return knowing its not the right product.

But if no one enforces anything, can you really feel sorry for the business?  Clearly this doll isn't Monster High, clearly she isn't Venus, she doesn't even have the same skin tone for goodness' sake!  But instead of riling up and possibly "offending" anyone, they just let it slide.  No wonder people do it!  They know they get away with it!

Midori Fae said:

Our best guess is that she was going to pull the same scam at another Payless store (if she hadn't done so already) with the opposite shoe, so that she would end up getting a whole pair for free without the shoplifting charge.

It's sickening, how retailers and honest customers are the losers in situations like these, and the scammers just go on about their merry way, with seemingly no repercussions.
 .

If only...


 Konzern said:

But if no one enforces anything, can you really feel sorry for the business?  Clearly this doll isn't Monster High, clearly she isn't Venus, she doesn't even have the same skin tone for goodness' sake!  But instead of riling up and possibly "offending" anyone, they just let it slide.  No wonder people do it!  They know they get away with it!

Midori Fae said:

Our best guess is that she was going to pull the same scam at another Payless store (if she hadn't done so already) with the opposite shoe, so that she would end up getting a whole pair for free without the shoplifting charge.

It's sickening, how retailers and honest customers are the losers in situations like these, and the scammers just go on about their merry way, with seemingly no repercussions.
 .

i work in retail and have worked for huge places like selfridges and massive hmv and virgin superstores. its very very hard to get members of staff to understand and be knowledgeable about every kind of item they sell in stores this size, and us stores like walmart & target are massiveley bigger than ours in uk, im the first to admit if someone came to me with a question about makeup or a food processor i had no clue, and working in stores like this when the makeup dept is 4 floors up it can be hard to get answers so as long as stores keep getting bigger and bigger this is gonna happen more and more 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service