Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Just curious how you guys get these to go on Regular bodies. I seen some people use regular bodies for the vamp and werewolf, and use the CAM bodies for the sea monster and dragon. How does one go about prepping a body to hold a CAM head and accessories?

Thanks for all who reply!

Views: 1823

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh... really cool!! So I'm visiting my parents for Christmas in Michigan and I found the CAM starter sets... bought 2 of each. Brought them home and my Mom tells me I really shouldn't have... since they also bought me one of each. LOL!

So very excited to see that they can be used with the regular doll bodies... since I now have too many. :D

I was also thinking about rooting hair in the heads... since the hole for the wig isn't huge. It should be doable...

I have to say one disappointment though is the skeleton girls "nose" isn't molded holes like a skull would have. I'm wondering if I could alter it a bit... but I only found one of those. Don't want to ruin it!!

I'm also not that impressed with the Skeleton girl's nose. XP It kinda bothers me in all honesty. That'd definitely be a head I'd end up using for experimenting with, maybe even practice with removing the nose all together and try my hand at sculpting.

Shannanigan O'Crabby said:

Oh... really cool!! So I'm visiting my parents for Christmas in Michigan and I found the CAM starter sets... bought 2 of each. Brought them home and my Mom tells me I really shouldn't have... since they also bought me one of each. LOL!

So very excited to see that they can be used with the regular doll bodies... since I now have too many. :D

I was also thinking about rooting hair in the heads... since the hole for the wig isn't huge. It should be doable...

I have to say one disappointment though is the skeleton girls "nose" isn't molded holes like a skull would have. I'm wondering if I could alter it a bit... but I only found one of those. Don't want to ruin it!!

Im glad that they came out with the CAM,but they realy through me off track because of this problem:Right now the only CAM doll i want is hexie honeycomb,but it doesent come with a complete body.i was also going to buy frankie and clawd.so i figured that i could just take the frankie stein parts apart.although i wasnt sure that if i take her apart that you could easily put her back together.so please could someone aswer this?:/                                                                             

Heather said:

I'm glad to see that modifying other dolls for CAM parts is possible!  If only there were girls that matched most of them.  I guess dying or painting is going to be the only option there.

Once a standard monster high body has been modified for CAM purposes, it can not be put back together in its original form.  You can't reattach the original legs.  The body can be used for any CAM parts, but not for original MH parts.  See earlier posts for how to modify a MH doll body to become a CAM substitute.

Hope that helps!

Anpu

thanks!that was just what i needed to know.MERRY CHRISTMAS!:)

Anpu said:

Once a standard monster high body has been modified for CAM purposes, it can not be put back together in its original form.  You can't reattach the original legs.  The body can be used for any CAM parts, but not for original MH parts.  See earlier posts for how to modify a MH doll body to become a CAM substitute.

Hope that helps!

Anpu

I came to the forum tonight to ask about this very topic. I knew if there was a way to add CAM parts to a regular MH, you guys would be the ones to figure it out. You are all awesome.

XD I actually want to get a Cupid to try and add the skeleton limbs to. :x
I'd probably want to practice on a less expensive doll, but I think Cupid's hair would look cute, but then again I do find the Spectra doll mold to be very pretty.
Sarah Stoker said:.

minevra - i can see people buying out spectra's for modding now!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I used Gloom beach Frankie's body and a dremel to widen the holes. I then painted and sealed her- it worked great!!

She looks fantastic!!

Zirofax said:

I used Gloom beach Frankie's body and a dremel to widen the holes. I then painted and sealed her- it worked great!!

i read somewhere that to get a regular monster high doll head off soften it with hot water first or it will break. hope this helps! but i've also read that the heads are the only things switchable so far. i'm working on my first custom and plan to try it out though

She looks awesome in that pink wig!  Is that the wig from the three eyed ghoul pack or a different wig all together?

Zirofax said:

Did you just use acrylic to paint her body. or another kind of paint?  I'm not having much luck with acrylic on my custom's legs.

Zirofax said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service