Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hello,

Which Monster High doll was the latest MH doll that you bought / got?

I recently received an Art Class Abbey! My only regret is the fact that she has one righteous case of glue seepage...  :(  I'd better choose a day for the baking powder treatment....and get ready to heat up some water for removing her head.

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

Views: 1036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Um... last mh dolls I bought were... oh! Haunted Rochelle! I got her secondhand off Ebay.

The last MH dolls I bought actually new in box were the Party Ghouls Abbey, Venus and Rochelle.

I returned Venus because her body suuuuucked and then Mattel were such jerks about it I vowed I wouldn't buy another Mattel product new again.

So yeah.

I haven't.

There's some older stuff i've been eying though. LIke fdc Rochelle and some of the muuuuuch older lines I just never could justify because "too many of the same character" lol.

Eugh glue seepage. Only solution I ever found was to cake the scalp with talc and never ever ever wash it out. As soon as I washed it out again it'd start oozing again. What I do is I add the talc, smoosh it against the scalp and then cooooomb for ages to get the worst out of the hair, then gently dab clean the upper layer to remove the white residue so it doesn't dull in colour (with a wet wipe or a slightly damp cloth or something.)

So long as the talc stays around the scalp it seems to work.

I don't understand the glue hair though, I mean, it makes no sense. You pull the head off and the glue inside is like cement so what is oozing through the pores?

You can remove the head with a hairdryer btw, which saves on getting the hair wet. Boil washing can it seems, make the problem worse in some cases. Also less burned fingers from boiling water pouring out the hole onto your hands (can you tell i've done that a lot? hahaha)

Hello,

Here's my solution for the glue seepage issue: The Baking Powder Method

1.) Turn on some hot water in the kitchen or the bathroom. Run the water over the doll's neck and head, until the vinyl is soft enough so that you can remove the doll's head without a total struggle. Don't be afraid to wet the doll's hair down, because you're gonna need it to be wet later. 

2.) Fill a bowl with baking powder, and add a plastic spoon that you'll be able to throw away later. Grab a plastic bag, or cheap plastic gloves for later, too.

3.) Lay out a large rag, or a few paper bags, or go out into the garage, because baking powder WILL get all over everything. Then, using the gloves, massage the powder through the doll's hair, and into the doll's scalp, too. When you're finished doing that, spoon powder into the doll's head, until it is totally filled with powder. Place the doll's head into an open plastic baggie, and get as much powder off of the doll's face before you do this. 

4.) Leave the open bag alone for as long as you'd like, and then, empty and brush the powder out of the doll's head and hair. You may still need to use tweezers to pull the last remnants of glue out of the doll's head.

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

Hello,

Tonight, I got the only Electrified Ari in the store, and I don't care that she doesn't look that great, because I want to use her body for another Ari that I have.

The funny thing is that I now have a total of four Ari dolls (Original, Basic Concert, Dessert Ghouls, and Electrified). I'm going to have to treat every single one for glue seepage issues that haven't occurred yet (I had to remove all of their heads, and they are all filled with glue!), being exceptionally careful with Basic Concert Ari (My definitive Ari doll!), and I'm going to get two new fully-articulated bodies of some kind (At this point, I don't even care which bodies they are....LOL!), because here's what I want to do:

Basic Concert Ari = Original Ari's body

Dessert Ghouls Ari = Electrified Ari's body

Original Ari = I need a new body for her

Electrified Ari = I need a new body for her, and I'm going to remove all of her facial features

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

hmm last MH dolls I bought for now was Boo york Catty and Nefera they were in clearance i didnt had nether so I tought why not and yeah now i got them. Now I'm trying to focuse on other lines i neglected like descendants or some second eah dolls that gave away or to keep some in the box. 

The last dolls I got were on ebay: original Holt, and Gloom Beach Jackson!

The last one I got new-in-box was car wash Scarah. However, I do plan on getting the original girls 6 pack once I save up enough money...

Hello,

Cool finds, lagoon and The_Last_Writer!  :)

My newest doll was a duplicate ShriekWrecked Clawdeen (I got her today), because her face was better, and I wanted her outfit. 

I like the newer Clawdeen bodies, so I re-bodied the old head, so that I could keep her body. The old head is currently on a different body. Her head is a little bit wobbly, because it's on an older body.

I am going to try to go through my Monster High dolls, because I've been buying too many duplicates, etc., and I've gotta set some numerical totals, stop being so greedy (I honestly spend more time shopping for these dolls than I spend....enjoying them!) I need to get the other characters that I don't have, put a true cap on the duplicates, and really, really control myself!

I know, I know. I, too, am laughing at myself for thinking that I can do that, but I'm gonna try like a mad....werewolf to do so, because I can't go on having quite so many dolls anymore.

Needless to say, I may be offering some dolls for sale once I've organized everything. Oh, and I finally found my camera equipment, so I just need to figure everything out again, and I'll more than likely be able to take new pictures! There are some spotlight-hogging monsters around here!  LOL!

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf 

Custom doll on Etsy! :D

Hello, not a cat,

Which character is she?

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

She is a Lagoona doll. I'll post a picture when she gets here!

Last MH dolls now that is a thinker, I'm pretty sure it was Party Ghouls Rochelle, she is so beautiful I didn't really bother with all the plastic flowers though, I didn't have that much of a fun experience with Abbey, I didn't buy Venus cause of the body but I did get the sports one thinking she was gonna be fine but it turns out her body was the same sadly I didn't return her like I should, but Rochelle's beautiful outfit and hair somehow made up for that disappointment she sure is close to her basic which I love though nothing can ever top her first ever release even though there are many beautiful Rochelle dolls out there but this one is a must buy trust me. 

I'm saving for some new ones so an update soon.

Hello,

Cool, not a cat! I'm curious to know how she looks.

Hey, 1Dlover. Congrats! I'd love to be able to find that Rochelle, but I'm afraid that I'll have to go to a TRU in order to even see her, 'cause the local Wal*Mart and Kmart stores don't have her. Then again, I still haven't gotten to....Target....

So, I was in Wal*Mart, and I got the Party Hair Draculaura for about $13.00.  I mean, I've never seen one with a truly good-looking face, but at least this one has pretty darned good-looking hair, and the hairline on these Draculaura dolls usually just looks....really unevenly-rooted and bad.

There was one Moanica and Draculaura 2-pack left (It was about $20.00, though, and I'm not paying that much for Moanica's outfit and body!), plus tons, and I do mean tons of the same dolls that I swear that I'd seen in that store two months ago (Things must be pretty bad in this town, or else everyone here is just in looove with online shopping, to the point that they're purposely neglecting the real stores! LOL!)

Well, anyway, I'm resolving to earn some extra spending cash, so that I can see if there is a live store out there that might have my poor giganta-werewolf Clawdeen this Summer.

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

Hello,

Well, today I went on a shopping spree! The first stop was BigLots!, where I got that ShriekWrecked Catrine doll ($15.00), so that I can use her body with Dessert Ghouls Catrine's head.

My next stop was Kmart, where I got the "Girl Power" red-haired Curvy Fashionistas Barbie ($10.00), the Made-to-Move Skateboarder ($17.00?), and the movie "Life" ($21.00).

I'm going to have to save some more money for the items that I want from TRU, but I have a slight bit of money left (barely any, but still). I may want to call TRU first, anyway, just so that I'll know weather or not they still have any Winning Werewolves and Scream and Sugar 2-packs left, and so that I'll know if they're going to get any more in stock.

I am sort of feeling panicky about the fact that the good stuff is on its way out, and about the fact that the gappy stuff is on its way in! ACK! 

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service