Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

So there are many many threads about your favourite dolls / characters. But what are the dolls you don't like? For example, you don't like the hair, you thought the idea was cool but the execution of it was awful, the box art was better than the actual doll, that kind of thing.

I'll start: I really don't like the Gloom Beach dolls. The idea is fine, the box art is lovely, but the dolls don't seem to do it for me. Also, Lagoona's hair, on her Wave 1 Basic. I am actually afraid to touch it.

Go on and describe, people! :D

Views: 6045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with most of what you said. I HATE DT Draculaura's pigtails (because they simply don't make any sense), I dislike Operetta's hair (mine, thank God, also had good victory rolls, but the rest of it is simply despicable), Sweet 1600 Clawdeen looks like she's been played with already even though she is NIB, the painted gloves was a really bad idea in general, and Sweet 1600 Frankie... well, IMO, all of the Sweet 1600 dolls are bad :P I only got Clawd, and that's because his Basic version is even worse! (The gold boots? The lack of hair? The ears that look HUGE? The I-don't-even-have-words-for-it shirt? Probably all of the above!)

patricia jauss said:

I don't know if there are any dolls I hate completely, but there are alot that has something that does not "flow".

I don't like DT Dracualaura's hair.  Her face is beautiful but that hair?  I mean I could understand the ponytails sticking up if she slept upside down like a bat but she doesn't.  And they are too short.  There is not much you can do to salvage her hair.

I hate HATE hate Operetta's hair.  I am lucky enough to have gotten one with good victory rolls, but the back is deplorable!  I hate it so bad I am going to reroot the black part of her hair.

GB Ghoulia is too matronly.  Her hair is gross, it is even a different material than other Ghoulias.  Also her swimsuit is too low cut.

1600 Clawdeen (pretty much all the 1600 except Clawd and Cupid) looks cheap.  Her hair looks like she has been played with even when she is BNIB.  I hate the painted gloves. (Did not buy her or 1600 DL or Frankie)

Cupid's shirt is cheap and bad quality

Hated everything about GB Jackson, except for the fact he was Jackson (Mine long ago was modded into a basic Jackson)

I like 1600 Clawd, but not for Clawd.  He looks alot younger.  So I like the look of the doll but he is not Clawd. (I don't have him, only his head LOL)

I don't like ANY of the Cleos except the 1st.  There are too many reasons.

On Spectra I hate her hollowed cheeks and the texture and style of her hair.

I wish Abbey was taller.  I did not like original Abbey's makeup so I turned a SS Abbey into the Basic Abbey.

On the werecat twins I hate the white part on their faces and their shirts are not high quality.  I hate the painted gloves.

Toralei hated the stiff hair (so I washed it) hate the ripped pants and again I hate the painted gloves

I think DOTD Lagoona's hair is hilariously horrible.

I pretty much don't like Gil except that he is Gil, oh I like his shoes LOL

All the Frankies are ok except for 1600, can't stand her hair and her dress is too puffy.

going to work now and that's all I can think of LOL

I don't like the boy dolls. Not quite sure why. I didn't like any of the DotD dolls except for Ghoulia. Gloom Beach I skipped right over and Skull Shores Abbey doesn't do it for me. I think it's the hair and that hat. Blah! And I don't think I'm going to like the Derby set, from the pictures I've seen.

I hate anything and everything about Toralei!!

Updating my dislikes: I really, really dislike Robecca. I think that Mattel really failed with her- they could have done so many things with "steampunk" being the centre of their inspiration; But instead we get a doll that looks a lot like Cleo (NO, I do not think that all dark skinned characters look the same, but Cleo and Robecca look alike a lot, don't deny that), with hideous hair and blue as her main color, which makes no sense. I don't think that the cog details and all can save an otherwise uninspired design :/

I kinda know what you mean. I've heard a lot of people saying that they think Robecca is going to be Nefera sized, and I wonder if the only reason they think that is because of how much she looks like Nefera.

Victoria Niccals said:

Updating my dislikes: I really, really dislike Robecca. I think that Mattel really failed with her- they could have done so many things with "steampunk" being the centre of their inspiration; But instead we get a doll that looks a lot like Cleo (NO, I do not think that all dark skinned characters look the same, but Cleo and Robecca look alike a lot, don't deny that), with hideous hair and blue as her main color, which makes no sense. I don't think that the cog details and all can save an otherwise uninspired design :/

Werecat Twins and Toralei: I don't like them. Their outfits are pretty boring. The twins' faces look weird with that white part of their faces and I don't know about Toralei. I was happy they finally made a character with short hair though.
Nefera: Basically Schools Out Cleo but taller

GB Cleo and Basic  Clawdeen Lala Lagoona:Theyre outfits bother me.
DT Cleo SS Ghoulia: Boring :(

*The SS dolls- esp Ghoulia. I loved Ghoulia's outfit, hated her hair and everyone else's outfits were bland as could be.

*DotD was too 1980's cheap looking :( And Clawdeen's hair is atrocious. I loved the green til I saw the poop brown streak in the back :P

*Most of the Cleos. I have SO and she's pretty enough but overall I think everything she wears is awful and that  "beauty mark" on her face- I cannot stand it!

*Same for Nefera. I love Nefera's hair (not the glitter, just the teal) , but her face is so harsh and the blue lips are icky.

* I love Draculaura the most, but all her outfits look the exact same almost :(  

*and Howleen.... if I wasnt on a kick to have one of every doll, I'd give her away. Her hair is HORRIBLE :O 2 boil sessions and its still a rats nest :P

*Toralei- I cant put my finger on it. Even after brushing her hair to get rid of the helmet head there is something about her that bugs me...maybe the perma-gloves or just her outfit in general....? Idk.

*and Rochelle- I wish her face didnt have that miserable look to it. She looks like she has to poo and cant find anywhere to go. I dont know if they all make that sad face, but mine looks like she wants to cry :P

*and Gil- he just isnt attractive to me at all :( 

Agreed about DotD, Cleo's clothes (oh, the terror of patterns! :O), Howleen and Toralei.

Although I dilsike Howleen for other reasons (her diary is stupid, she seems like a poser, and her eyes are too.. round), her hair still just isn't right. And Toralei... I really don't know what's up with her that bugs me. I think it's her lips- she has a kind-of a duckface, IMO.

About Rochelle: I think she has the sad face because gargoyles generally make faces, angry, or sad- I don't think I've ever seen a bubbly gargoyle, haha!

And my best friend really hates Nefera's lipstick, too ;)

Mia_Darling said:

*The SS dolls- esp Ghoulia. I loved Ghoulia's outfit, hated her hair and everyone else's outfits were bland as could be.

*DotD was too 1980's cheap looking :( And Clawdeen's hair is atrocious. I loved the green til I saw the poop brown streak in the back :P

*Most of the Cleos. I have SO and she's pretty enough but overall I think everything she wears is awful and that  "beauty mark" on her face- I cannot stand it!

*Same for Nefera. I love Nefera's hair (not the glitter, just the teal) , but her face is so harsh and the blue lips are icky.

* I love Draculaura the most, but all her outfits look the exact same almost :(  

*and Howleen.... if I wasnt on a kick to have one of every doll, I'd give her away. Her hair is HORRIBLE :O 2 boil sessions and its still a rats nest :P

*Toralei- I cant put my finger on it. Even after brushing her hair to get rid of the helmet head there is something about her that bugs me...maybe the perma-gloves or just her outfit in general....? Idk.

*and Rochelle- I wish her face didnt have that miserable look to it. She looks like she has to poo and cant find anywhere to go. I dont know if they all make that sad face, but mine looks like she wants to cry :P

*and Gil- he just isnt attractive to me at all :( 

Poser? Maybe it's because I have a younger sibling of my own, but it's less 'Posing' and more 'Trying to get out of your more succesfull sister's shadow and create your own identity'.

Just throwing that out. But then again, I'm a huge Howleen fan (Including the hair. It's awesome. Curls are pretty.) so I'm biased.

Sorry, P-girl! I'm an only child and I don't really have any experience when it comes to siblings. But Howleen seems like a poser to me, no matter from what perspective I try to look at her :/

I think that Howleen's hair looks good on her art, but the execution on the doll wasn't right. The afro is more... how to say this... uncontrolled on the doll- and judging from pictures, it looks like the same quality as Wave 1 Lagoona's curls (which are pretty bad!)

P-girl said:

Poser? Maybe it's because I have a younger sibling of my own, but it's less 'Posing' and more 'Trying to get out of your more succesfull sister's shadow and create your own identity'.

Just throwing that out. But then again, I'm a huge Howleen fan (Including the hair. It's awesome. Curls are pretty.) so I'm biased.

I am not fond of Cleo or Nefera, both dolls are manly.  I am on the fence about Howleen. I absolutely loathe dead tired Draculara. What is up with stiff looking crazy ponytails? Speaking of stiff hair, why on earth was Frankies cute bob haircut so stiff in the b&W beach wave? I still love her, but it is taking a while to carefully de stiff her hair.

Most of Wave one:

Wave one Frankie, literally looks like some demon-posessed nine year old with green skin and a terrible outfit to me *bleugh*

Wave one Clawdeen, I like it...but there's just something about it I don't...

Wave one Draculaura, hate her. all the girls have the same body, yet they managed to make Lala look like a stick figure somehow.

Wave one Lagoona is the only one I do like. This style suits her extremely well.

Both of the shopping maul dolls are horrendous imo! in fact most of Frankie's fashion packs, and small wave fashions are icky, the only ones I liked were Classrooms first outfit, and dead tired.

I literally can't stand ANY of the sweet 1600 dolls, with an exception of Cupid (but I don't see her as a s1600 much....wierd huh?)

Apart from dragon girl, and the upcoming cat girl and cam lab, I don't like the CAM's...

Also- I do this a lot, I look at dolls (Cleo SO, Frankie SO, Cupid, Spectra, basic Cleo) I think I hate them.....until I buy them xD then I instantly fall in love!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service