Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

So there are many many threads about your favourite dolls / characters. But what are the dolls you don't like? For example, you don't like the hair, you thought the idea was cool but the execution of it was awful, the box art was better than the actual doll, that kind of thing.

 

I'll start: I really don't like the Gloom Beach dolls. The idea is fine, the box art is lovely, but the dolls don't seem to do it for me. Also, Lagoona's hair, on her Wave 1 Basic. I am actually afraid to touch it.

 

Go on and describe, people! :D

Views: 6045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I forgot to mention Frankie's abnormally huge, square head.
Its so large that its awkward... It might've been made like that to mimic the Frankenstein monster's square head but come on!

Dude, ALL of their heads are abnormally huge. I once had a picture with Jackson and one of my more realistically proportioned dolls. Kid looked like a bobble head.

Draculad said:

I forgot to mention Frankie's abnormally huge, square head.
Its so large that its awkward... It might've been made like that to mimic the Frankenstein monster's square head but come on!
^ Maybe so, but her head is so squared shaped that its distracting.
I get the dolls aren't proportioned like humans (but thanks for the observation), but at least everyone else has a nice shaped head. Frankie's looks really big and it doesn't help that her hair is pulled away from her forhead since it only emphasizes its largeness.
Seriously, SO and Home Ick Frankie look good because the bangs shorten the face at least.

I don't know if there are any dolls I hate completely, but there are alot that has something that does not "flow".

I don't like DT Dracualaura's hair.  Her face is beautiful but that hair?  I mean I could understand the ponytails sticking up if she slept upside down like a bat but she doesn't.  And they are too short.  There is not much you can do to salvage her hair.

I hate HATE hate Operetta's hair.  I am lucky enough to have gotten one with good victory rolls, but the back is deplorable!  I hate it so bad I am going to reroot the black part of her hair.

GB Ghoulia is too matronly.  Her hair is gross, it is even a different material than other Ghoulias.  Also her swimsuit is too low cut.

1600 Clawdeen (pretty much all the 1600 except Clawd and Cupid) looks cheap.  Her hair looks like she has been played with even when she is BNIB.  I hate the painted gloves. (Did not buy her or 1600 DL or Frankie)

Cupid's shirt is cheap and bad quality

Hated everything about GB Jackson, except for the fact he was Jackson (Mine long ago was modded into a basic Jackson)

I like 1600 Clawd, but not for Clawd.  He looks alot younger.  So I like the look of the doll but he is not Clawd. (I don't have him, only his head LOL)

I don't like ANY of the Cleos except the 1st.  There are too many reasons.

On Spectra I hate her hollowed cheeks and the texture and style of her hair.

I wish Abbey was taller.  I did not like original Abbey's makeup so I turned a SS Abbey into the Basic Abbey.

On the werecat twins I hate the white part on their faces and their shirts are not high quality.  I hate the painted gloves.

Toralei hated the stiff hair (so I washed it) hate the ripped pants and again I hate the painted gloves

I think DOTD Lagoona's hair is hilariously horrible.

I pretty much don't like Gil except that he is Gil, oh I like his shoes LOL

All the Frankies are ok except for 1600, can't stand her hair and her dress is too puffy.

going to work now and that's all I can think of LOL

The only Gloom Beach doll I like is Ghoulia, to be honest. I really don't like the Abbey dolls so far either. And the cat twins? I think they look ridiculous and kind of like they were trying to put on KISS make-up. DotD Clawdeen. Cannot stand her nasty green hair. Of course, the only Clawdeen I do like is the Room to Howl one.

Of the guys, I don't like Clawd. I like his 1600 outfit, but I'm not really a fan of him so far.

Wish I had good reasons, but truthfully...I just don't like how they look.

Hilarious, I was trying to figure out just why I don't like the twins but you got it exactly, they are totally channeling Gene Simmons and the KISS crew. Yuk. Personally I just think they are a bit boring, clothing, colours etc... I'm sick of the red/black/white colour scheme, we already have Ghoulia, Operetta and Toralei with the same colour variations.

I don't like Clawd, he looks like a bat, not a wolf. And I don't know why they didn't dress him in the varsity/letter jacket he always wears.

Ghoulia is probably my least favourite, on the webisodes with that ridiculous zombie moan and no real speak. How did they think that was going to win any fans, especially among young girls who are supposed to be the target market. My daughter hates Ghoulia, thinks she's creepy.

 



Jessica Lucas said:

The only Gloom Beach doll I like is Ghoulia, to be honest. I really don't like the Abbey dolls so far either. And the cat twins? I think they look ridiculous and kind of like they were trying to put on KISS make-up. DotD Clawdeen. Cannot stand her nasty green hair. Of course, the only Clawdeen I do like is the Room to Howl one.

Of the guys, I don't like Clawd. I like his 1600 outfit, but I'm not really a fan of him so far.

Wish I had good reasons, but truthfully...I just don't like how they look.

Actually, Ghoulia is one of the most popular characters. C: My niece likes Ghoulia a lot, especially the doll.

Yup, she's actually pretty popular. And while important, they probably don't look at age with Mattel to decide who gets popular. They probably go with sales figures.

I can't believe there's people who don't like Ghoulia! She's so cool!

I think one I don't really like is actually Clawdeen...She's just all over the place there's not one doll of her I've felt the urge to buy....And same goes for Howleen she's cute yes but I despise how her hair looks. Too much of a pain in the rear.

I hate the helmet hair gel they used it's not  the 80's Mattel...Trust me my mom had her hair gelled so much during that time that it was like my SS Frankie's hair out of the box. I had to use real shampoo to get it out!

Ghoulia's actually my favorite character, and I love SS Ghoulia especially; she looks like a '50s pin-up girl.  Her vintage style and the fact that she's a zombie all touch on stuff I really love.

But now that I think about it, I don't really care for the Werecat Twins.  Their faces look like plain dolls with cat makeup as opposed to werecats.  Toralei looks like a werecat; the twins don't.  I also hate the painted gloves on all three of these dolls.  I love Toralei's punk-influenced style; hate the painted gloves. 

I also really don't care about Deuce.  I really don't like his face mold. 

I like SS Ghoulia too. Tons of people dislike her, though, and I saw several people the other day saying she didn't have a specific style, but she definitely does!

I completely agree about the Werecats just looking like dolls with cat makeup.

Zombiechick said:

Ghoulia's actually my favorite character, and I love SS Ghoulia especially; she looks like a '50s pin-up girl.  Her vintage style and the fact that she's a zombie all touch on stuff I really love.

But now that I think about it, I don't really care for the Werecat Twins.  Their faces look like plain dolls with cat makeup as opposed to werecats.  Toralei looks like a werecat; the twins don't.  I also hate the painted gloves on all three of these dolls.  I love Toralei's punk-influenced style; hate the painted gloves. 

I also really don't care about Deuce.  I really don't like his face mold. 

I don't like Clawdeen's style either. I've said this before, but here it is again: I know she's the "fashionista" and "trendsetter" of the group, but even trandsetters have a specific style :P

Plus, the gelled hair- my GB Jackson's hair was an absolute nightmare when I first got him, and I also had to use real shampoo to get it out! I used my dad's shampoo though, mine wasn't manly enough XD 

Storm Uchiha said:

I can't believe there's people who don't like Ghoulia! She's so cool!

I think one I don't really like is actually Clawdeen...She's just all over the place there's not one doll of her I've felt the urge to buy....And same goes for Howleen she's cute yes but I despise how her hair looks. Too much of a pain in the rear.

I hate the helmet hair gel they used it's not  the 80's Mattel...Trust me my mom had her hair gelled so much during that time that it was like my SS Frankie's hair out of the box. I had to use real shampoo to get it out!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service