Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Super excited about this line cause I might not be collecting too much MH now with this reboot. They look beautiful better then the stock pics. In person they are gonna be amazing. I'm really enjoying the more average shoe height that these dollies are bringing too. Makes them more adorable Left my favorite for last good old batgirl. Courtesy of Dollienewstumblr Enjoy.

Views: 7972

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the newer MTM's aren't even showing up in Mattel's own website. Though I haven't checked Barbie.com

also being affected by TRU closing is My Little Pony, haven't seen any of the new Equestria girl mall minis anywhere except for Amazon. I too am hoping other places that weren't normally associated with toys like Walgreens will pick up the slack. I also heard rumors that Kay Bee (remember them?)might buy some of the old TRUs empty lots and open temporarily for the holiday period like those Halloween stores tend to do.

I notice that with the MLP as well. The only place I've seen the older ones is Five below and discount stores. But as far as new one nothing. There are only some stores left that actual sell toys aside from Wally world and Target of course. Kohls, Big Lots, Barnes and Noble, Books a Millions, Hot topic are just few I can think of in my area.

Yes I heard that, Kay Bee says they will be opening up in TRU locations around the holidays. TRU did that a few times around the holidays too, open up smaller version only at Xmas time usually around or in malls. Talking about Halloween stores those Halloween city ones that pop up are actually own by Party city and they say they will be opening up 50 stores called Toy City for the holidays in the wake of all this, wonder how that will do.

Here is a link.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/25/party-city-to-open-toy-city-stores-...

oh thanks for the link,! Thats interesting, I didn't know Party City owned some of those Halloween stores. But only 50 stores? I hope one opens near me. Also hope the toys wont be overpriced.

Hello,

Yesterday, I was able to get both Hero of the Month Supergirl and Frost ($16.00 and $5.00, respectively) at Wal*Mart, but there was only one of each doll on the shelf, so Frost's facial screening is less than stellar, and....<drumroll, please>....her right arm is completely limp at the elbow, meaning that I can't get it to hold a pose.   :(

I might go back later....and see if there's another Frost in the Clearance isle, but I doubt that there is....I might just call beforehand...

Has anyone else here noticed how, nowadays, big box stores of all types tend to put one doll of each character out on the sales floor, waiting until each individual doll sells before replacing it with another that's probably being stored in a back room somewhere? Stores are doling these dolls out, one at a time, and it's truly annoying, because the consumer no longer has any power over weather or not they might land a doll with a really bad facial screening.

Sometimes ya' just wanna take a really bad doll up to the register and say, "I know there's another one of these in the back room, one whose eyes don't look like they're sliding off of her face! Another example of this doll, please!" LOL!

I mean, I haven't seen a doll that looked quite that bad lately, but have you seen some of the online pics of "derpy-eyed Ever After High dolls"? OMG! I swear....LOL! Try to imagine one sad little Darling Charming....with her eyes sliding off of her face, and try to imagine that she was your only option for a Darling Charming doll within one entire store or another!

Seriously, though, the quality control issues are getting really bad these days. You're all totally right about that! Let's just say that I had to completely cut Hero of the Month Supergirl's hair, and nearly to her shoulders, too, because it was short in the very center of her back....and long on either side....while in a "hanging down the back" position! ACK! I instantly became Supergirl's personal cosmetologist, and what a frustrating adventure that was!

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

Lol Wolfie! You make me laugh!

I am a cosmetologist too. I have an army of rescued dolls in need of a beauty Spa. My collection is full of poor things with something wrong with them!! This is the "car boot sales effect".

I should open a doll's hospital or a shelter for abused dolls. lol

If I ever find a SHG with actual clothing, I might buy one. The only ones I have seen in car boot sales had molded clothing. No no no no!

Hello,

I don't blame you for wanting a doll that's wearing fabric clothing, Tula! I wish you the best, with regard to your doll makeover endeavors.  :)  I need to just try my hand at customizing face paint, already, because I've been a coward about that for years. LOL!

Well, today, I got the other Hero of the Month doll (Wonder Woman). I couldn't find another Gala Wondy doll, so my boyfriend will have to be happy if I ever show up with the Hero of the Month doll, because I decided that the Gala Wondy is gonna be my OFFICIAL Wonder Woman doll. 

Goodbye,

Talking about quality control, that would have to be my number one issue I have with buying online right now, you don't know what state your doll is going to be in.

You don't know the quality of her hair or like you said The Whispering Wolf, the eyes "sliding off of her face" that was too funny when I read it. It really does look like that.

Sometimes the make-up is blotchy and the best is when the clothes look like two pieces but they are actually a onesie, terrible.

I have ask employees to check if there are other dolls in the back stock room, so I can pick one. Some are nice about it but others not so much.

Hello,

https://bentzensemporium.co.uk/dc-super-hero-girls-wonder-woman-tra...

Goodbye,

Hello,

Well, I was finally able to go back to Big Kmart for that last Intergalactic Gala Supergirl. I swapped her body out for that of the Hero of the Month doll, so that the final doll is now the most reminder of that inspiring relative of mine who recently passed on.

The IG girl's face is flawed, but the newly custom-created doll has personality. I only wish that I could have seen my late relative more often, because she was quite the lady!   :(

Goodbye,

RSS

© 2018   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service