Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

It's been a topic in chat a few times, so I thought it would be appropriate to make a discussion about this.

Manny Taur, as you can obviously tell at first sight, has a special mould. Big and bulky, slightly wider waist, snout, etc. I can't help but wonder... Could the cost of production of Manny (due to his very big mould) effect us seeing Manny dolls in the future?

What do you think? Don't you think it'd be a let down, especially for people who weren't able to purchase the SDCC exclusive pack?

(I am, however, 99% certain there will be Iris dolls in the future.)

Views: 1356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with those saying the odds are small. The box is huge he is tall even in a 5 pack it would be crazy. Plus looking at how cheap they went with the 6 pack original ghouls to keep it at from going over $80 i cant imagine the cost of a 5 pack with manny plus with the fact mattel has cut lots of corners to save cost. Like not putting stands in every box. Hes just to akward a fit. I feel he was more to push Iris into the spotlight since she was a more unknown character just like Scarah who is pretty popular now and people buy her. So we will see Iris again but we wont see Manny(or odds are low) If they have to pick between Manny or Iris then it will be iris she has a regular body mold one they have tons of and is cheaper. Just like people were mentioning about the odds of seeing another doll for the Hybrid ghouls was low too because of the molds and such.

If we do see him and he is alone im thinking he will probably be in the price range of a 2 pack.

Also on the topic of Abbeys brother I think it was more on the way Manny acts not that her brother was physically like manny but i would have to go back and reread all i know is that there was the thing about abbeys brother throwing snowballs at the yetigirl he liked instead of telling her how he felt. I dont think anything hinted to a physical similarity too.
Nope nothing in the diary shows anything about bulls or minotours.

In fact i checked my diary and it gives the the name of who Shoo has a crush on is Hornet Robberfly and wydowna just happens to say "bad boy" to describe this Hornet Robberfly which doesnt nessicarily mean "villan".

Also only mention of another villan is in the text from ghoulia to wydowna saying the other villian would need to be cut as there was not enough time.

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

If I remember correctly, it was in her diary.

Her pet Shoo was gazing at pictures online because she has a crush on a pet insect that belongs to a supervillain who's identity was not told. I can't remember the exact species of the pet, but someone here came with info that this particular insect is drawn to bulls. So that could only be Manny, since a minotaur is half bull.

another_monster said:

What diary of Webarellas are we referring to?her power ghouls comic or her diary?
Why are you so positive it will be in the Powerghouls line?

Just curious to hear your theory.

Also I feel he wouldnt work in a regular box even with bent knees he is really big. But someone that opened him should totally try to fit him in a regular box.

Like I said if it comes down to choosing Iris or Manny she will get the release and he wont.

He is to akward and would no matter what be a higher price 1 for size 2 for cost to make items for him no reprinting of already used items or patterns unless he is in jeans and a t shirt every time.then evey other doll in anyline you put him and I dont think he would sell well because of the price. Just look at Bloodgood she was so expensive because of the horse and she clogs shelves even now at TRU and they have been on clearance and sales and everything.

Lets also not forget that this line is targeted at younger girls he is to odd looking and i dont think he would be popular with most kids. I say Most because some kids like him wont and dont. I feel SDCC is the chance of the designers to please the adult fans with odder things that might not sell well outside the convention.

I feel the odds are slim for a Manny.
Iris we will deff see.

Triumvirate said:

Manny's situation is similar to the Hybrid ghouls in the sense that he would not fit in a budget box. So, just like with them if he gets another release it will also have to be a standard or deluxe version.

What separates him from the Hybrid ghouls is that the only reason he wouldn't fit into a budget box is because he's too tall, but any other box he would fit into simply by bending his legs or lowering his head into a running pose (again another reason I'm thinking Power Ghouls for his next release). The Hybrid ghouls are more than just tall, they are very deluxe looking and detailed, and also awkwardly shaped. Their theme is also just more specialized to Freaky Fusion and it's hard to imagine them getting another doll in a different context with that same level of detail and making sense for a variety of themes.

Manny is vastly more versatile, he's just big. So, in some sense I don't think comparing him to the Hybrid ghouls is really apple to apples. I have no doubt whatsoever that Manny will be back again, but I have my doubts about seeing the Hybrid ghouls again.

I'm a little skeptical about the future of Manny Taur, which is why I went out of my way to buy him & Iris on eBay. And after not having another Nefera in so long, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we never see him again. I really hope we do see more, though.

Oh, and thanks for the reference pic, Triumvirate! That's got me a little more hopeful. :)

A hornet robberfly is a species of bug that is attracted to cattle dung. There's the connection with cows.

As for me, I don't know whether we'll see Manny again or not- I do find it a little weird that they would make his mold and then never use it again, though.

Deanna Aguilar-Rivera said:

Nope nothing in the diary shows anything about bulls or minotours.

In fact i checked my diary and it gives the the name of who Shoo has a crush on is Hornet Robberfly and wydowna just happens to say "bad boy" to describe this Hornet Robberfly which doesnt nessicarily mean "villan".

Also only mention of another villan is in the text from ghoulia to wydowna saying the other villian would need to be cut as there was not enough time.

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

If I remember correctly, it was in her diary.

Her pet Shoo was gazing at pictures online because she has a crush on a pet insect that belongs to a supervillain who's identity was not told. I can't remember the exact species of the pet, but someone here came with info that this particular insect is drawn to bulls. So that could only be Manny, since a minotaur is half bull.

another_monster said:

What diary of Webarellas are we referring to?her power ghouls comic or her diary?
I'd say based on everything, we won't really know lol. Based off of things like nefera , size and hoodude I say we're not getting him , but I won't know for sure because we never know with MH they like to keep us on our toes. Maybe a power ghouls target exclusive manny? Sounds awesome to me and I'd buy him no doubt , but again we won't know. Let's keep our hooves, tentacles , fingers and claws crossed!
Manny i <3 fashion 2015? Sdcc 2014
Webarella i <3 fasion 2014 sdcc 2013
Scarah i <3 fasion 2013 sdcc 2012
Frankie i <3 fashion 2011 sdcc 2010
I SEE A TREND HERE!! Do you

Of all the mansters dolls, if one of them ever gets an "I Heart Fashion" version, it will certainly not be Manny. I'd bet on Deuce or Clawd. Or even Gil. Pretty certain there won't be another version of Manny anytime soon.

I don't know that they'll ever give Manny a wide release, and frankly I won't mind if they choose not to. He's an interesting curiosity to have in a collection, but not very versatile as a fashion doll. I'd love to see them produce Minnie, though.

That's a very cool fantasy

Well I just got my Manny Taur ( and Iris Clops) yesterday in the mail and hes HUGE!! I wasnt expecting him to be so big..I hope they release him in the future but I wont be surprised if they dont..after reading his diary he has become one of my favorite male characters....I know this set is adorable to look at (in the box) so it was hard for me to open them up and take them out...but I'll just buy another set to keep in the box.

I'm always up for a round of "I Told You So"!

As collectors and fans, we have done well tracking the trends of the SDCC dolls to their more widely distributed dolls. It is my personal opinion that Manny may not be as easy to guesstimate if, where it when he will show up again.

"Confound it all, I love it though" More speculation and discussion, that is what keeps us anxious for more!

Triumvirate said:

I'm joking but what I would want to say to all you naysayers is, "You'll see! He's coming back again and you'll all eat your words!"

And then later on when he comes back I'll want to come back and say, "See! I told you! He's back again and he's completely awesome! You should never have doubted the power of the Minotaur! Bwahahaha!" 

But I won't say either of those things, because it would be obnoxious. 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service