Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

At first Cupid was very hard to find...but then they re-released her as a non-exclusive (which I personally though that wasn't right.  Being that she was supposed to be this special exclusive, IMO, they should have made more of her, but still kept her WM exclusivity), and although my personal sightings for those have died down a bit, it seems the original Sweet 1600 version is being re-released as well.  I saw them at Walmart the other day, the only difference is the box is not as large as the old Sweet 1600 box, but is more the size of regular basic dolls.  I didn't know they were re-releasing her again in this version.  So if anyone still needs her, or still wants the 1600 version, looks like she's back on the shelves!

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would agree, it was not cool that they packaged the same doll, fashion, etc., for the re-released version -- that does take away of the credibility of the exclusives if you can just buy them on any shelf a few months later.

Last year Target had a set of exclusive Barbie Fashionista fashions, but the year before that they were sold everywhere -- so they were not really an exclusive.

I'll have to see my eyes open for this third Cupid box.

Back in the day I could not find a Cupid anywhere.  Now that she's been rereleased in the non-Sweet 1600 version, I see more of the Sweet 1600 version than the rerelease.  And I hate that she comes with a diary now!  I need it!

Yea I noticed the same thing in my Walmart. I'd find one 1600 doll all lonely on the shelf every couple of weeks. And now there's a shelf full of her and no rerelease version. Totally dumb. But I do hope we get a wide release of basic Howleen, sorry none of the targets in my area carried her and I have like 6 neer me.

It just ticks  me off that the only real difference is the diary. I don't want to buy her again for a diary damnit!

Actually, it's not just the diary that's different.  The new cupid has a longer, different hairstyle.  In my opinion, the 1600 cupid looks more youthful and the new cupid looks more mature.

purple_monkfish said:

It just ticks  me off that the only real difference is the diary. I don't want to buy her again for a diary damnit!

Well yes, she has more mullet-like hair but that's hardly worth getting excited about. I wish they'd at least given her a different outfit you know? Made her worth buying again.

I totally agree.  If they were going to give her something different like a diary, they should have made HER different as well.  Although many are probably going to say "be thankful she came back a plenty at all"...yeah, I don't care.  I still think it's stupid.

purple_monkfish said:

Well yes, she has more mullet-like hair but that's hardly worth getting excited about. I wish they'd at least given her a different outfit you know? Made her worth buying again.

I totally agree...I will end of buying her just for the diary though...My 2 daughters actually read the diaries..Not sure if anyone else does...Mattel does this to make more money, I'm sure.

purple_monkfish said:

Most definitely.  Try finding the diaries on ebay.  If I wasn't lucky enough to find someone who was wiling to give me the diary, that's the route I would have taken.  If you can find it at a good price, it's cheaper than buying the doll all over again.

Lisa Girl said:

I totally agree...I will end of buying her just for the diary though...My 2 daughters actually read the diaries..Not sure if anyone else does...Mattel does this to make more money, I'm sure.

purple_monkfish said:

Do we know for sure that the new 1600 Cupid has a smaller box than the previous version? I was thinking my Cupid's box (got her in February) was the same size as the basic -- smaller then the 1600 assortment with the keys.

the cupid1600 bx has always been a tad smaller than the other 1600 dolls !

Brian Sheppard said:

Do we know for sure that the new 1600 Cupid has a smaller box than the previous version? I was thinking my Cupid's box (got her in February) was the same size as the basic -- smaller then the 1600 assortment with the keys.

Thanks I will look on Ebay first.

SnowDragon said:

Most definitely.  Try finding the diaries on ebay.  If I wasn't lucky enough to find someone who was wiling to give me the diary, that's the route I would have taken.  If you can find it at a good price, it's cheaper than buying the doll all over again.

Lisa Girl said:

purple_monkfish said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service