Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Views: 4622

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OH my goodness, she's even more beautiful than I thought she'd be... I want her so bad. I hope she comes out sooner than later.......

THANK YOU!

Everytime something like this happens there's always a slew of people that just get very entitled over it. Somebody got something you don't. That's how life sometimes works. Get over it. Even if it's for an ulterior motive, that doesn't give you the right to get this mopey. It only shows that you're turning a nasty shade of green.

*Sigh*
Whatever happened with people being happy for each other? I saw that girl with her doll and went 'Aw....' ('Aw' as in 'Cute'. Not 'Aw' as in 'Bummer'.... mostly. Yeah, I'm a bit green, too....gotta own up to that.)


Triumvirate said:

Exactly. I mean seriously. I understand people's annoyance at things being unfair, but what do you seriously want or expect?

When the free CAM sets went out to reviewers I'll tell you why that probably happened - it probably happened because we in the fan community (including myself) griped and complained endlessly about the CAMs not including all the parts and such. I think that made Mattel nervous, so they used the popular Youtubers and other prominent people in the MH community to promote the CAMs. It wasn't just about being nice to those people and treating them like they were special. Mattel wanted to make money, they wanted the CAMs to be successful, and basically used practically free advertising and social media to do it. That's smart business modern business.

Notice how they didn't send Kitties Mama Catrine DeMew or Jinafire Long? Could that be that everyone has made a huge deal about Catrine and Jinafire and they really don't need any extra attention while Skelita has gotten much less love form the fan community comparitively? They want her to sell and they're using their relationship with popular social media figures to insure that perhaps. Just a theory. Though, if that's what's going on I don't think they have anything to worry about personally. Skelita is the only Scaris doll I want. I love her.

Anyway, these things happen all the time. Celebrities who have more money then the rest of us go to awards shows and events and get free gifts that we couldn't afford to buy, but they can and are getting it for free just because they are celebrities. Totally unfair. But the reason? Again...it's business. It's not playing favorites people. It's modern business making use of social media. That celebrity goes out on Rodeo Drive wearing that free award show watch and the paparazzi takes pictures of it and there you have it.

Besides that, Natalie designed Skelita herself, they explained that at ComicCon. So, that's similar to a person writing a book and sending out advanced copies to friends, family, etc. If I write a book don't tell me I can't send my advanced copies to whoever I want.
 
Draconia St George said:

Yeah, how dare Mattel try to promote their new doll releases by not giving every collector a free doll!  We're so entitled!

(not.)

Somebody on deviantart is claiming this picture as there own http://xxkawaiikonekoxx.deviantart.com/

Well, just to clarify my own opinion here, I know the reasons why Mattel gave away Skelita. They are a huge company, they have marketing tricks like that, etc, etc. It's kinda unfair that the reviewers get free stuff no matter how you look at it, though. Yeah, that's how life is, I know, but that doesn't mean that I can't complain about it- me and every other MH fan, that is. 

I just can't bring myself to "feel happy" for the reviewer that was given free stuff just because. Call me selfish, but that's how I feel.

However, I do not feel entitled to being given a free doll. I do not think that anyone is entitled to that, actually- be it reviewer or whatever.

I would also love it if Mattel gave us release dates for the new dolls, and also made the dolls available everywhere, but that's not gonna happen. I'm not gonna stop complaining about it either, though!

(As if my opinion and complaining will change Mattel's ways- ha!)

On a more positive note, I can't wait to see more pictures of Skelita! She seems very pretty.

I think a lot of the frustration is from people posting pics of the Scaris line without even stating what the real deal is.  We are consumers who ultimately purchase from this line.  If we feel like there is something amiss it may cause us to spend our money elsewhere.  I personally could care less about who has what and how they got it.  Skelita is very pretty and I plan on getting her when she comes out.

I also don't think anyone should be given stuff for free for reviews or whatever.  Who needs to see a freaking review of a doll?  Why is that kittymama or whatever her name is so suspect?   Why do we need to wait until November 1st for a review.  I guess because I am old school, we didn't have reviews of Barbie or Jem when I was collecting them as a kid.

To be honest I think there are people stealing from either Mattel distribution centers or somewhere.  First the Dance Class dolls that only one person had tons of cases of and now this.  Something fishy is going on and it's causing the community that has been supporting this line to be turned off.

It's causing the community to get turned off?
Huh, guess all those shouts of 'LOVE!' and 'She's Gorgeous!' and 'Now I'm DEFFINATELY gonna buy her!' I hear all around Tumblr are just the voices in my head acting up again.

That last paragraph is a little too consiracy-theory for me. They're just mistakes and favors done. Not something fishy.

I like doll reviews. If handled well, they serve a purpose, mainly knowing what I get myself into. These things cost me a wee bit too much money to just buy them off the shelves first time I see them.

NOT LISA said:

I think a lot of the frustration is from people posting pics of the Scaris line without even stating what the real deal is.  We are consumers who ultimately purchase from this line.  If we feel like there is something amiss it may cause us to spend our money elsewhere.  I personally could care less about who has what and how they got it.  Skelita is very pretty and I plan on getting her when she comes out.

I also don't think anyone should be given stuff for free for reviews or whatever.  Who needs to see a freaking review of a doll?  Why is that kittymama or whatever her name is so suspect?   Why do we need to wait until November 1st for a review.  I guess because I am old school, we didn't have reviews of Barbie or Jem when I was collecting them as a kid.

To be honest I think there are people stealing from either Mattel distribution centers or somewhere.  First the Dance Class dolls that only one person had tons of cases of and now this.  Something fishy is going on and it's causing the community that has been supporting this line to be turned off.

Because November 1st Día de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead. Skelita Calaveras is obvious a skeleton and skeletons/sugar skulls are associated with that holiday. I'd personally say it's kind of clever. ;~;


NOT LISA said:

 Why do we need to wait until November 1st for a review.

Didn't realize the WHOLE MH community is on tumblr...whatever.  

Don't be so naive to think that it hasn't turned off some people...just saying.


P-girl said:

It's causing the community to get turned off?
Huh, guess all those shouts of 'LOVE!' and 'She's Gorgeous!' and 'Now I'm DEFFINATELY gonna buy her!' I hear all around Tumblr are just the voices in my head acting up again.

That last paragraph is a little too consiracy-theory for me. They're just mistakes and favors done. Not something fishy.

I like doll reviews. If handled well, they serve a purpose, mainly knowing what I get myself into. These things cost me a wee bit too much money to just buy them off the shelves first time I see them.

NOT LISA said:

I think a lot of the frustration is from people posting pics of the Scaris line without even stating what the real deal is.  We are consumers who ultimately purchase from this line.  If we feel like there is something amiss it may cause us to spend our money elsewhere.  I personally could care less about who has what and how they got it.  Skelita is very pretty and I plan on getting her when she comes out.

I also don't think anyone should be given stuff for free for reviews or whatever.  Who needs to see a freaking review of a doll?  Why is that kittymama or whatever her name is so suspect?   Why do we need to wait until November 1st for a review.  I guess because I am old school, we didn't have reviews of Barbie or Jem when I was collecting them as a kid.

To be honest I think there are people stealing from either Mattel distribution centers or somewhere.  First the Dance Class dolls that only one person had tons of cases of and now this.  Something fishy is going on and it's causing the community that has been supporting this line to be turned off.

No, but neither are they all on here... at least not the ones I really follow. They're either on Tumblr or Livejournal. And they're mostly positive about this.

And please don't call me naïve just because I have a more positive outlook on this. The word you're looking for is 'Optimistic'.

NOT LISA said:

Didn't realize the WHOLE MH community is on tumblr...whatever.  

Don't be so naive to think that it hasn't turned off some people...just saying.


P-girl said:

It's causing the community to get turned off?
Huh, guess all those shouts of 'LOVE!' and 'She's Gorgeous!' and 'Now I'm DEFFINATELY gonna buy her!' I hear all around Tumblr are just the voices in my head acting up again.

That last paragraph is a little too consiracy-theory for me. They're just mistakes and favors done. Not something fishy.

I like doll reviews. If handled well, they serve a purpose, mainly knowing what I get myself into. These things cost me a wee bit too much money to just buy them off the shelves first time I see them.

NOT LISA said:

I think a lot of the frustration is from people posting pics of the Scaris line without even stating what the real deal is.  We are consumers who ultimately purchase from this line.  If we feel like there is something amiss it may cause us to spend our money elsewhere.  I personally could care less about who has what and how they got it.  Skelita is very pretty and I plan on getting her when she comes out.

I also don't think anyone should be given stuff for free for reviews or whatever.  Who needs to see a freaking review of a doll?  Why is that kittymama or whatever her name is so suspect?   Why do we need to wait until November 1st for a review.  I guess because I am old school, we didn't have reviews of Barbie or Jem when I was collecting them as a kid.

To be honest I think there are people stealing from either Mattel distribution centers or somewhere.  First the Dance Class dolls that only one person had tons of cases of and now this.  Something fishy is going on and it's causing the community that has been supporting this line to be turned off.

There needs to be a forum exclusive doll: Kelly, daughter of Envy. (Get it?? Kelly green? Green with envy???? ....hello? Bueller?)

I'm thrilled to see the review and close ups of Skelita. I was very on the fence with her because I've got the skeleton CAM and planned on making my own sugar skull doll but after seeing her beautiful face, I gotta have her for sure. I want a platoon of sugar skull girls!!! I'd love her box to look very similar to the one in the review. Don't get me wrong, I love the coffin box, but having such a large clear open space like that and the lovely art at the bottom... yes yes yes. Talk about unique in a sea of same ol same ol MH boxes! I'd actually keep that box!

HURRRR I just realized... the art at the bottom? That's drawn by Catrine! She's the artist in the Scaris line, so it would make so much sense if she "drew" the portraits of the characters for their boxes. 

Hi People, we're late to the party in seeing this thread. Anyway, we're sorry about all this, we really didn't expect it to cause such a stir or else we would have just held off. We haven't ever been first on having a doll so we didn't know about the backlash effect ... you live and learn. I guess since the mystery is part of the problem here's some info to clear things up. 1. We don't work for Mattel or a marketing company, we're not related to anyone that works there either. 2. The Skelita doll is one of the gifts that MH sent Emma in exchange for doing a video on Nov. 1st. 3. It's rare but any time we are given free product or compensation for a video we have to disclose it. This follows FTC guidelines for reviewers/bloggers/vloggers. So if you're curious about that stuff just check in the description (on Youtube) of the video, we usually put it at the very bottom. 4. None of our vacations or family outings have been sponsored, ha, we only wish! 5. We pay for our dolls! We wish all our dolls were free, don't we all?! Only Skelita and the CAM line were we sent for free. 6. We are Monster High fans, but we're not dedicated to the competition of getting every doll or getting them first. We didn't know it was so competitive! Getting this doll may have looked like we were unfairly winning some game, but Emma only owns 35 dolls I think or less, I'd have to count ... so you all win for sure in the long run. :) 7. And, we'd love to know release/shelf dates, too!

So I hope this clears up some of the questions. Oh and please post links to tumblr, we'd like to see some positive reactions. :)
KittiesMama

Honestly you really have no reason to be sorry. Everyone who's causing the fuss should be apologizing to you. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure they wouldn't want people to harass them. It is no way unfair for a company to send a reviewer a doll. Reviewers get items because they take the time to start a YouTube channel, create videos, and do enough work to get noticed by a large company to do a review. They're not getting anything for free, there was work and effort to get to that point. Personally I am happy for your daughter. I'm sorry there's been so much backlash and that people are so bloody selfish. I hope this doesn't get you and your daughter too down and that she enjoys her doll. :)

Kitties Mama said:

Hi People, we're late to the party in seeing this thread. Anyway, we're sorry about all this, we really didn't expect it to cause such a stir or else we would have just held off. We haven't ever been first on having a doll so we didn't know about the backlash effect ... you live and learn. I guess since the mystery is part of the problem here's some info to clear things up. 1. We don't work for Mattel or a marketing company, we're not related to anyone that works there either. 2. The Skelita doll is one of the gifts that MH sent Emma in exchange for doing a video on Nov. 1st. 3. It's rare but any time we are given free product or compensation for a video we have to disclose it. This follows FTC guidelines for reviewers/bloggers/vloggers. So if you're curious about that stuff just check in the description (on Youtube) of the video, we usually put it at the very bottom. 4. None of our vacations or family outings have been sponsored, ha, we only wish! 5. We pay for our dolls! We wish all our dolls were free, don't we all?! Only Skelita and the CAM line were we sent for free. 6. We are Monster High fans, but we're not dedicated to the competition of getting every doll or getting them first. We didn't know it was so competitive! Getting this doll may have looked like we were unfairly winning some game, but Emma only owns 35 dolls I think or less, I'd have to count ... so you all win for sure in the long run. :) 7. And, we'd love to know release/shelf dates, too!

So I hope this clears up some of the questions. Oh and please post links to tumblr, we'd like to see some positive reactions. :)
KittiesMama

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service