Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

How do I remove any sharpie that accidentally got on the doll's forehead?  I've read that the following work on plastic, but I'm not sure if they will work on MH dolls:

• Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
  • WD-40
  • Anti-bacterial hand gel
  • Hairspray
  • Cooking spray
  • Nail polish remover (tried, didn't work)
  • Bleach
  • Goof Off

It's not much and I can actually cover it with a headband if I have to, but I'd rather just remove it entirely.

Views: 4738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This link has some good info for getting marker off vinyl. Hope it helps! :)

http://www.beanbunny.com/skincare.html

EEEEP!! No, no, no.... Unless your doll is white, pink, or light skin tone, neeeeeever touch the benzoil peroxide. It will mess her up.

If it's spectra, or dracualura? You can try it.
If it's Clawdeen or Cleo.... Eeeeeh, proceed with caution...
Any of the other girls? Don't even try it, peroxide will meeesss her up.

Overall, the problem is... There is no getting ink of your doll, if she has a blue based skin tone.
But you can try, I'd say try it all cept the benzoil peroxide.... Sun fading might also be an option.

You have to cover all her painted features and hair with tin foil, or else she might fade there, but you leave her in a window that gets a lot of sun for a month or more. it's a long process, but it CAN lighten stains. Try that before you peroxide.

It is a Draculaura, though because of the character she's becoming, I have something to help with covering it up.  But I will keep this in mind, thank you!

Suni K said:

EEEEP!! No, no, no.... Unless your doll is white, pink, or light skin tone, neeeeeever touch the benzoil peroxide. It will mess her up.

If it's spectra, or dracualura? You can try it.
If it's Clawdeen or Cleo.... Eeeeeh, proceed with caution...
Any of the other girls? Don't even try it, peroxide will meeesss her up.

Overall, the problem is... There is no getting ink of your doll, if she has a blue based skin tone.
But you can try, I'd say try it all cept the benzoil peroxide.... Sun fading might also be an option.

You have to cover all her painted features and hair with tin foil, or else she might fade there, but you leave her in a window that gets a lot of sun for a month or more. it's a long process, but it CAN lighten stains. Try that before you peroxide.

I work in a school and sometimes permanent marker gets on things like the white boards or desks.  The teacher I work for discovered that if you color over the permanent marker with white board marker (black)and wipe it immediately it removes the permanent marker.  I have never used it on MH dolls but I have used it on white boards, desks, and even book covers.  If you do try it maybe try on a sacrificial barbie head or something.  Will you let me know how it turns out?  Good Luck!

I will try this

patricia jauss said:

I work in a school and sometimes permanent marker gets on things like the white boards or desks.  The teacher I work for discovered that if you color over the permanent marker with white board marker (black)and wipe it immediately it removes the permanent marker.  I have never used it on MH dolls but I have used it on white boards, desks, and even book covers.  If you do try it maybe try on a sacrificial barbie head or something.  Will you let me know how it turns out?  Good Luck!

I have the same problem with my Abby... Right at the hairline, I've tried nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol but the stain is still there, this is a photo of thw stains... I'm also open to ideas to cover them up if removal isn't possible

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0ba15ee45553bf85c4a5496895152588/tumblr_...

DO NOT DO THIS TO A DOLL HEAD.  Vinyl doll heads are porous-- they absorb stains easily-- and adding more ink to an ink stain only makes a bigger ink stain.....

The ink pen basically permeates the soft vinyl and dyes it....  no surface cleaners or topical solutions work.  You can't sand it off.   The only thing that will usually work is the zit cream treatment, and as another poster mentioned, it could bleach the skin color off your doll

M

patricia jauss said:

I have to put my 2 cents in:

My younger daughter wanted to be like mommy ( I repaint/customize MH dolls) and she went to town on ALL 5 of her Gloom Beach girls with a pen....

I used the OXY 10 on ALL of them and it did NOT affect the skin tone at all. It took a few days but it did not mess anything up -not the skin tone, or the makeup. It just made the marks disappear.

* i put the oxy 10 on each doll where the marks were, placed plastic wrap over it and put it in the sun for about 2 hours each day. I reapplied with a fresh layer each time.

That's good to know! 

In bleaching out stains on vintage Barbie heads, it's basically the same method, but without the plastic wrap.   The "fumes" can lighten the factory paint on vintage dolls.

M

phaireetells said:

I have to put my 2 cents in:

My younger daughter wanted to be like mommy ( I repaint/customize MH dolls) and she went to town on ALL 5 of her Gloom Beach girls with a pen....

I used the OXY 10 on ALL of them and it did NOT affect the skin tone at all. It took a few days but it did not mess anything up -not the skin tone, or the makeup. It just made the marks disappear.

* i put the oxy 10 on each doll where the marks were, placed plastic wrap over it and put it in the sun for about 2 hours each day. I reapplied with a fresh layer each time.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service