Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

SDCC SCARAH...To anyone who ordered through Nascarfan UPDATED AGAIN

Nascarfan asked me to post this as follows:

"We are filling the MH Scarah orders first come first serve. If any invoices are not paid as of 9am tomorrow, the price will be increased to $10 per doll- NO EXCEPTIONS! Kevin & Dennis are in agreement, dolls sold tonight will be on Ebay soon, if not already as in hand.

People were given 24-48 hours to pay their invoices, any outstanding orders not paid immediately will be cancelled"

UPDATE: All dolls ordered or added to existing orders are now $50 plus shipping. NO EXCEPTIONS.

7/16/12 UPDATE: Everyone please have patience. The guys were SWAMPED at the convention & Nascarfan has been working very hard on sorting everything out. He doesn't just help folks get MH and he is filling orders in the order in which they were paid (that includes Cars, Hotwheels, Hasbro, etc). Anyone who has been following the events of the convention can understand the absolute nightmare that this has been and how we collectors need to band together! Nascarfan is legit....and he is also HUMAN. Give him a few days to get things in order.

Anyone who received a "LOCKED IN" email after they paid are totally set. You will DEFINITELY receive your doll(s). Anyone on the waiting list or secondary waiting list, please have patience. There are dolls for many of you.

I would hate to see anyone lose this great price by cancelling their order now. You also will risk the rest of us not having someone get things at the convention next year for a decent price. I'm almost certain that after all the garbage the guys went throught to get the dolls this year, that we can all wait 2-3 days for this.

(and in my own personal opinion, if you CAN'T wait 3 days, it's a red flag that perhaps you probably pre-sold them on EBAY)

Nascarfan and I are in constant communication about the orders through this website.

Any questions.....please contact me.

Views: 3037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This! So very true he deserves a super long break.

Josie Scott said:

Thank you for being patient. He truly needs a break from all this hulabaloo!

Deborah Christy said:

Good I am glad he is not accepting emails and taking a break to calm his nerves some I know he is under a lot of stress from everyone. People can be so mean sometimes. I will wait until I hear from him. Thanks

TO NASCARFAN:

I must say this really hurts to read. I've been watching this thread for a while now and I am appalled at the behavior of some people. NascarFan, while I didn't order from you due to finding your friend request too late in my inbox, I've been rooting for you and I truly feel bad that you're going through all this. And the fact that they are now attacking your wife? Gosh people, get a grip and learn some respect! 

I know I'm just a nameless person to you, but please know that not all Monster High fans are like this. I do know that a few (okay, perhaps a lot as you say) can be quite mean and rude, but there are also many who are kind and willing to understand. I hope you find more of those people.

Sincerely,

~Krafty

TO OTHERS:

I know not all of you are being rude or engaging in such wretched behavior, but to those who are: STOP IT! Seriously, he tried his hardest and if you all have been watching the news on MH at SDCC, you'd know that the odds were very much NOT in our favor! NascarFan is not some superhuman god who can do the impossible and I find it amazing he actually GOT SOME for you guys. Be grateful for that!

If it wasn't for him, many of you wouldn't even have had a chance at getting the set, or would have had to resort to eBay's ridiculously high prices. I know many of your are disappointed, but please - show some respect. It is completely uncalled for to bother his wife over this. I can totally understand NascarFan's anger over people bothering his family! Please, just calm down and know that it's not the end of the world and its not a "must-have-or-will-die" item like medicine or food.

As for those being patient, thank you for showing not all MH fans are like that. Really, I wish there were more of you.

~Krafty

TO ALL WORKING WITH NASCARFAN: 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this too. Best of luck to all of you working on this, and I pray you all don't get burned out of the fandom by a few rotten eggs. Thank you for trying your hardest to get some of these dolls to us. And while it sometimes doesn't look this way, trust me when I say that I, and many others, appreciate it!

~Krafty

Awesome post, Krafty.

KraftyKitsune said:

TO NASCARFAN:

I must say this really hurts to read. I've been watching this thread for a while now and I am appalled at the behavior of some people. NascarFan, while I didn't order from you due to finding your friend request too late in my inbox, I've been rooting for you and I truly feel bad that you're going through all this. And the fact that they are now attacking your wife? Gosh people, get a grip and learn some respect! 

I know I'm just a nameless person to you, but please know that not all Monster High fans are like this. I do know that a few (okay, perhaps a lot as you say) can be quite mean and rude, but there are also many who are kind and willing to understand. I hope you find more of those people.

Sincerely,

~Krafty

TO OTHERS:

I know not all of you are being rude or engaging in such wretched behavior, but to those who are: STOP IT! Seriously, he tried his hardest and if you all have been watching the news on MH at SDCC, you'd know that the odds were very much NOT in our favor! NascarFan is not some superhuman god who can do the impossible and I find it amazing he actually GOT SOME for you guys. Be grateful for that!

If it wasn't for him, many of you wouldn't even have had a chance at getting the set, or would have had to resort to eBay's ridiculously high prices. I know many of your are disappointed, but please - show some respect. It is completely uncalled for to bother his wife over this. I can totally understand NascarFan's anger over people bothering his family! Please, just calm down and know that it's not the end of the world and its not a "must-have-or-will-die" item like medicine or food.

As for those being patient, thank you for showing not all MH fans are like that. Really, I wish there were more of you.

~Krafty

TO ALL WORKING WITH NASCARFAN: 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this too. Best of luck to all of you working on this, and I pray you all don't get burned out of the fandom by a few rotten eggs. Thank you for trying your hardest to get some of these dolls to us. And while it sometimes doesn't look this way, trust me when I say that I, and many others, appreciate it!

~Krafty

I'm LOVING the brainstorming here! The ideas about writing letters.....let's do it! To Mattel, Comic Con and Matty! The truth must be heard! :-)

Also,  I have been given permission to repost this email:

Kevin,

After reading through a few of the message boards/forums I am a part of, I have grown a guilt from the whole SDCC Scarah Screams situation.  While I don't believe I was rude to you, I do know I was mildly impatient and asked for a full refund. I tried to limit my emails to you to a minimum, but after seeing how you received hundreds of emails on end...I can only imagine how nerve shattering it would be to see the same questions over and over and over again.  Looking back, I feel awful that I requested a full refund and fully believe you deserve the $12 p/doll.
My point with this email is to apologize to you for not taking myself out of my shoes and putting my feet in yours.  You really did go through hell and back trying to obtain items for many people who are total strangers to you.
I have sent a payment of $30 to you.  I had originally ordered 2 dolls from you and cancelled the order so I could try to get them off Matty Collector myself and you refunded me the full amount.  I am returning the $24 for your work.  Even though you were unable to get enough dolls, it was obviously out of your control and you deserve payment for your time.  I included an extra $6 because I know many didn't pay you for your time...it isn't much, but it was the only extra amount I could afford.
Please know that many people appreciate your kindness and I hope people back off of you and realize all of your hard work.
Thank you,
Holly Nienhaus

I feel bad about all of this. I feel bad for the collectors who were pretty much screwed out of their doll and I feel bad for Kevin for having to deal with the brunt of their frustrations. Personally I have waited patiently as Kevin's partner emailed me to let me know that he would try to obtain extra dolls from MattyCollector, but after experiencing first hand how badly that went I am now simply waiting patiently for a refund.

I can't imagine people being mean and rude to these poor souls. Was I upset that I wasn't able to get a doll? Absolutely. But it was beyond their control and obviously I failed as well trying to obtain one on my own. My frustrations lie with scalpers in general. I can only imagine how upset the people who were actually there must be.

This fandom is the greediest and most self centered one I've ever been a part of. I don't know why its that way and I really think its sad. The Jem community has been nothing but kind and patient. For those of you who don't know, a new Jem doll was released at SDCC this year after 25 years without any new dolls being available. They were limited to only 500 pieces  and they sold out much faster than Scarah did, with no pre-sale or second chance at being able to purchase her. Not to mention that specific doll was $135. Yet still the fans stay happy and complacent that at least there is a new Jem Doll out there and hoping that the demand for her will pay off in the end by showing that there is a market out there for her and a future line will be produced.

I am really thinking about stepping away from collecting this line anymore, but I do hope that at the very least they release Scarah on her own so at least the rest of you can have some sort of version of her sitting on your shelves.

"I am really thinking about stepping away from collecting this line anymore..."

Amen, sister.

Werecat Strut said:

I feel bad about all of this. I feel bad for the collectors who were pretty much screwed out of their doll and I feel bad for Kevin for having to deal with the brunt of their frustrations. Personally I have waited patiently as Kevin's partner emailed me to let me know that he would try to obtain extra dolls from MattyCollector, but after experiencing first hand how badly that went I am now simply waiting patiently for a refund.

I can't imagine people being mean and rude to these poor souls. Was I upset that I wasn't able to get a doll? Absolutely. But it was beyond their control and obviously I failed as well trying to obtain one on my own. My frustrations lie with scalpers in general. I can only imagine how upset the people who were actually there must be.

This fandom is the greediest and most self centered one I've ever been a part of. I don't know why its that way and I really think its sad. The Jem community has been nothing but kind and patient. For those of you who don't know, a new Jem doll was released at SDCC this year after 25 years without any new dolls being available. They were limited to only 500 pieces  and they sold out much faster than Scarah did, with no pre-sale or second chance at being able to purchase her. Not to mention that specific doll was $135. Yet still the fans stay happy and complacent that at least there is a new Jem Doll out there and hoping that the demand for her will pay off in the end by showing that there is a market out there for her and a future line will be produced.

I am really thinking about stepping away from collecting this line anymore, but I do hope that at the very least they release Scarah on her own so at least the rest of you can have some sort of version of her sitting on your shelves.

FROM NASCARFAN:

Heads up everyone,
Near Final Monster High Post.
Last evening, after a long conversation with Jim Beam and my inner John W....
I decided to stick to the reason I started this Buyers Mission's and or SDCC Rescue Missions.
Be true to the truth.
I have started the 2013 Buyers List and I want to remind everyone that it was not only me there for 2012.
Yes I was the one that pre ordered dolls, and got some on preview night, but I cannot take the credit for hard work
all myself. Dennis was there, and did bust his behind as I did.
If it is possible, please remember if you do tip, and or just send thanks that Dennis and I should be 50-50.
Mariela's husband Pablo, from Los Angeles came down and helped bang out some of these boxes
at the motel in San Diego to get them to the post office on Monday. ( Thanks Pablo)
Yea its been tough, and I am glad its all.... but over.
Would I do it again?. Yeap. Look for me in 2013 SDCC
Lets look past this Mattel - dealers issues and door opening times and learn from it.
I do want to thank April H., Holly N. and Eve F. for their gratitude and tips.
I want to thank those that HAVE tipped and or will, I greatly appreciate it.
It restores faith in me that people are nice.
Others have sent warm emails and thank you as well.
Julia B., .... what can I say... you are a class act. You didn't come unglued when I was about to with all the drama.
I asked Julia to have a denim skirt and pumps when she came to pickup her own order, but she sent a mutual male friend.
Julia, you owe me...!
Josie S., your my Lil Devil on my shoulders kiddo.... you make me laugh. Lets have drinks next year at Seaport Village.
Its been years since I bought a great white necklace there. I wouldn't even know where to look for it anymore.
Your dad Greg, thanks for being there sir. (salute)
Anthony, your husband, Hey slick, thanks for the help. ( high five!!)
Lillyracoon, Jesse, ( high fives !! )
Thanks for the support and company in the 2 or 3 lines we were in at some odd a** hour and HOURS of
whatever day of the week that was.....(address coming for the SDCC bag)
and most of all....
Jillspectrafan.
My "secretary"..... wow.... Keep the faith Jill.
I do. I think everyone didn't know who I was and just need to take a breath.
Its a doll.
As stated above, I asked Julia to have a denim skirt and pumps when she came to pickup her own order, but I think I might like the "Secretary Look" even better. You don't owe me....but its a huge thank you for your bustin your tail.
Jillspectrafan hardly needs to pay for her own shipping of her own order. (The Secretary Look.. I MEAN "Secretary work",  works just fine for free shipping)
its on me.
So.....I have 4 boxes left that are hotwheels stuff, and Jillspectrafans stuff,
The other cat of ours inspected labels and postage labels today, He made sure boxes were taped up tight and well....
For those of you who HAVE paid for your shipping, do NOT plan on anything for Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
(Out of the Country orders will be longer)
So, this is ciao.... for now.
Robin, my wife, TONS of thanks. You know me most of all and its a passion that I keep doing this.
You have your living room back almost.
Kevin

ALSO FROM NASCARFAN:

(if you have ever seen the movie Big Jake):

Big Jake sticks up for and finds and rescues a little grandson he has NEVER seen or knows or knew of.
at the end of the movie...
Son, ...........dad....?
Lets go home.......
DOG..!, ..........Lets go.................
"True Grit" last night did it.
When he was carrying that girl Matty Ross up and over that prairie and mountain top after being snake bit.
These people on the boards were snake bit because they couldn't go.
I couldn't just cut the snake bitten leg off and go on.

I would like to end this thread with my own wisdom on this matter:

When I found out Kevin was selling these dolls at an affordable price, I did my research. I did a lot of research. I asked Kevin for credentials (which he provided)...and I researched him some more. I found so much about him on the internet that I felt very comfortable buying from him. So much, in fact, that I agreed to help with secretary duties (so you guys could keep informed).

I have been through a lot in my 30 something years on this earth. I have learned who to trust and how to be comfortable with my actions. (And I married a beastly smart muscular biker... for the times that my judgement may need a second opinion).

Thank you everyone who has been in support of "Collectors getting collectibles for Collectors"...(sorry Kevin, for stealing your line). I can forsee that next year will be different.

ps. anyone who wants to start a thread on what to write to mattel is very welcomed to do so!

God Bless

You too Jill,Kevin and Dennis

God Bless you guys.
Your all Awesome,Wonderful, and Amazing people :)

Jill Spectrafan said:

I would like to end this thread with my own wisdom on this matter:

When I found out Kevin was selling these dolls at an affordable price, I did my research. I did a lot of research. I asked Kevin for credentials (which he provided)...and I researched him some more. I found so much about him on the internet that I felt very comfortable buying from him. So much, in fact, that I agreed to help with secretary duties (so you guys could keep informed).

I have been through a lot in my 30 something years on this earth. I have learned who to trust and how to be comfortable with my actions. (And I married a beastly smart muscular biker... for the times that my judgement may need a second opinion).

Thank you everyone who has been in support of "Collectors getting collectibles for Collectors"...(sorry Kevin, for stealing your line). I can forsee that next year will be different.

ps. anyone who wants to start a thread on what to write to mattel is very welcomed to do so!

God Bless

OMG i Love Kevin My girl came today and she is amazing KEVIN YOU ROCK dont let anyone tell you different :D As soon as i get some funds im planing on tipping him :D YAY sooo happy right now:D

I would like to say a big huge THANK YOU to Allison K. for the $10 tip!!!!

I wasn't expecting this...what a wonderful surprise!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service